New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what exactly are they talking about here...

But they seem to think (without specifying Philly vs. Dallas) that BEC's are soon going to finish data input and start processing

05/19/2005: Need for Clarification of Labor Certification Backlog Adjudication Standards

It appears that DFLC is slowly moving toward completion of data entry and soon moving into the phase of actual processing and adjudication of applications. There is however one concern as related to the standards for review and adjudication of applications. The DFLC changed on this issue. Initially, it stated that the analysts and certifying officers would use the local or regional standards as when it came to the specific requirements and evidence were concerned, each state and each Region differed and the variation was very steep in specific issues. This was particularly noticeable in the recruitment requirement in the RIR proceedings. Considering the fact that the backlog reduction program was intended to apply the same traditional regulation, rules, and standards, and not intended to develop and apply a new law or rules or standards, such policy may make more sense than developing and applying a new uniform standards. The adoption and application of a uniform standard system are acceptable in the case of the PERM labor certification as it applies to future cases only.
However, the recent conference record between the DFLC and the AILA reflects that DFLC was considering and developing a certain uniform national standards for the review and adjudication of backlog cases. Such policy change is manifestly wrong. In the RIR cases and some of the traditional cases which completed recruitment process under the supervision of SWA, the recruitment was already completed and cleared based on the different practice and standards adopted by each SWA and each Region, and DFLC should not revisit the completed proceedings based on any ex poste facto national standards, particularly in the issues relating to the appropriateness and sufficiency of the recruitment. We urge the DFLC not to change policy on this issue and complete the adjudication based on each state and Region's standards. As the DFLC is about to move from the clerical job of data entry and 45-day letters to actual processing and adjudication of applications, we find it important that the DFLC assures the backlog application employers and alien beneficiaries that the Processing Centers would follow each locality's standard to complete the adjudication process.

Noor, you are the first one

noor said:
My 1st post so be kind.

Date of acceptance for processing -- November 21, 2002
ETA case number P-05117-7xxxx.

You are the 1st one reporting received 45 day letter in the 2002 period, you are the 1st one reporting received 45 day letter in May from NY SESA transferred case. There are thousands of cases between Oct 2001 and Nov 2002, who have not received (at least announced on this board) 45 day letter. I 'm only talking about NY SESA transferred case. So congratulations my friend, hope to see more reporting here!

Justwatching, my patient friend, you should update your BEC tracker spreadsheet now, adding NOOR!!

Just called my atterney

she said the 45-day letter from BPC are coming out of order because of the boxes all messed up during transportation, BPC still expects to finishing inputing all the data by end of summer or better. FIFO order will be restored after they get the confirmation letter.

Transferred cases

Asked my lawyer regarding the 45 day letter. He said they are issuing the letters on random basis. He also has client from Jan 02 who have still not received the letter.

I am RIR case and a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) by profession

Received letter from NJ DOL

Hey Guys,

I received a letter from NJ DOL about the status of my labor saying they have transferred my case to Philly Backlog center along with a case number and the date it was shipped. My priority date is April 10, 2003 and it was shipped to Philly on January 21, 2005. The only way I got this letter is by sending by contacting NJ Governor's office and asked their help to get my status. Thought I'll share with you.......

Peace out...

How many days after

skrish76 said:
Hey Guys,

I received a letter from NJ DOL about the status of my labor saying they have transferred my case to Philly Backlog center along with a case number and the date it was shipped. My priority date is April 10, 2003 and it was shipped to Philly on January 21, 2005. The only way I got this letter is by sending by contacting NJ Governor's office and asked their help to get my status. Thought I'll share with you.......

Peace out...

Can you please let me know, how many days after you get reply from Governor's office? I also contacted 4 days ago, still waiting..... I really appreciate your reply.

Regards,
LB.

how do I contact them? thanks.

skrish76 said:
Hey Guys,

Peace out...

Query to NJ DOL

Hi,

In the web page where we ask the question can you please let me know what all details you included.

Thanks

skrish76 said:
Hey Guys,

Peace out...

To Contact NJ governor office

http://www.state.nj.us/governor/govmail.html

Select "Workforce/Employment".

Click Continue.

Fill in your contacts info.

Under Subtopic select "Topic not listed/Other.
Under Subject type "Permanent Labor Certification enquiry"

In the message box, write a brief message about Labor background (date filed and type of labor certification) and your intention about this enquiry.

You will received a letter from NJ SWA about your status and where your file is at (Within 1 to 2 weeks). I am pretty sure all NJ unopened files have been transferred to Philly BEC.

Hope this helps.

Any similar info for NYS filer?

LaborBadhi said:
http://www.state.nj.us/governor/govmail.html

Select "Workforce/Employment".

Click Continue.

Fill in your contacts info.

Under Subtopic select "Topic not listed/Other.
Under Subject type "Permanent Labor Certification enquiry"

In the message box, write a brief message about Labor background (date filed and type of labor certification) and your intention about this enquiry.

You will received a letter from NJ SWA about your status and where your file is at (Within 1 to 2 weeks). I am pretty sure all NJ unopened files have been transferred to Philly BEC.

Hope this helps.

How to bypass Labor Certification

Guys:
I have a situation where guys like JustWatching and others may want to throw some light on...

I have a PD date of Feb'2002 at NY SESA , RIR fopr my case.

Now, as I have read that if you are a "Manager" and have ppl reporting to you, you can skip the Labor Certification stage and file I-140 and _485 directly. Could anyone confirm what are the clause for this..?

I am being offered a "Manager" position, so would it be possible for me to skip my pending Labor Certification and file I-140 and I-485 based on this.

Please share any inputs that anyone has in this regard..

Thanks
--------------------

waitingforgc04 said:
Guys:
I have a situation where guys like JustWatching and others may want to throw some light on...

I have a PD date of Feb'2002 at NY SESA , RIR fopr my case.

Now, as I have read that if you are a "Manager" and have ppl reporting to you, you can skip the Labor Certification stage and file I-140 and _485 directly. Could anyone confirm what are the clause for this..?

I am being offered a "Manager" position, so would it be possible for me to skip my pending Labor Certification and file I-140 and I-485 based on this.

Please share any inputs that anyone has in this regard..

Thanks
--------------------

Not quite. There is a I-140 category called "Multi-national executive or manager". These people are executives that have been transferred from offices abroad to the US. Normally they would be here with an L-1 visa. These people can in fact go directly to I-140/I-485 without applying for labor certification.

any new 45 day letter from Philly for new yorkers?

after Noor.

Nov 2001, Dec 2001 to Oct 2002 filers, any news?

Need help - Labor applied in April 2001

My LC was applied in April 2001 and still I have not received any 45-day letters. Anybody know whats going on, is there anybody in this timeframe who has not received these letters. Are they sending letters according to the priority date or it is just random ?

richshi said:
after Noor.

Nov 2001, Dec 2001 to Oct 2002 filers, any news?

bajmera posted in the BEC tracker his case no. T-05123-89***

He has not received his 45-day letter.

I imagine what happened was they opened a box that had SOME Oct / Nov 2001 cases in January, hence the first wave of 45-day letters that arrived in March.

It seems they have opened another box hopefully the remainder of Nov / Dec 2001 in early May. It would be nice to see these letters mailed in the next month.

admad said:
My LC was applied in April 2001 and still I have not received any 45-day letters. Anybody know whats going on, is there anybody in this timeframe who has not received these letters. Are they sending letters according to the priority date or it is just random ?

I believe only the lottery can rival the level of randomness by which letters are being mailed out.

There are other people in your date range that have not received the 45-day letter yet.

Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.