New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

How did you get proof of filing from DOL. Please share your experience. My lawyer has been trying to get proof from both NY and BEC for the past 3 months. So far no news from them. My 6 year term ends in June 13th 2005. I don't know what to do. Please help

gcby2020 said:
It took my lawyer also quite a bit of time. But once we filed I got my H1 extension approved in seven days flat. BTW it was not premium processing

Hi

How did you get proof of filing from DOL. Please share your experience. My lawyer has been trying to get proof from both NY and BEC for the past 3 months. So far no news from them. My 6 year term ends in June 13th 2005. I don't know what to do. Please help

GCwhenandwhy said:
Hi

Did you try sending an e-mail to status@dal.dflc.us ?

Maybe you'll get your case no., maybe that's enough proof.

My 6th Yr ends on June 30 2005. I filed labor on Nov'01. I had a copy of all the documents (like ETA750, paper ads, letetrs) that my attorney sent to NY DOL. The packet had a letter from my lawer stating the reson for filing in RIR etc. I am with a different company now. So, My new company had sent a copy of the letter in Feb'05 and got the 7th yr extension in March'05 upto June 30 2006. I sooooo sick of GC, I am planning in PERM this June with my new company. If i get it, thats fine otherwise I live 10 Mints away from a international airport.

I would recommend you initiate the H1B case with INS or whatever it called now by using the forms and the FEDEX number that sent by your lawyer to the labor dept when you submit your case for first time.

worst can happen is INS comes back to you ask for more evidence about the labor case and hopefully by that time you can get that from the BRC , but its important to file the H1B extension before your visa expired so you do not lose your status and best luck on that.

GCwhenandwhy said:
Sent email to status@dal.dflc.us and got reply saying that NO CASE NUMBER has been assigned yet. So I believe my case has not been entered into the system. Do i have any other option except leaving the country next month?.

ahalem said:
I would recommend you initiate the H1B case with INS or whatever it called now by using the forms and the FEDEX number that sent by your lawyer to the labor dept when you submit your case for first time.

worst can happen is INS comes back to you ask for more evidence about the labor case and hopefully by that time you can get that from the BRC , but its important to file the H1B extension before your visa expired so you do not lose your status and best luck on that.

My lawyer had already applied for 7th year extension in March 2005 and got RFE regarding proof about pending labor. The last date to reply for RFE is JUNE 26th 2005. hence i would like know what would happen i do not receive proof from DOL before june 26th.

gandrakota said:
My 6th Yr ends on June 30 2005. I filed labor on Nov'01. I had a copy of all the documents (like ETA750, paper ads, letetrs) that my attorney sent to NY DOL. The packet had a letter from my lawer stating the reson for filing in RIR etc. I am with a different company now. So, My new company had sent a copy of the letter in Feb'05 and got the 7th yr extension in March'05 upto June 30 2006. I sooooo sick of GC, I am planning in PERM this June with my new company. If i get it, thats fine otherwise I live 10 Mints away from a international airport.

Did u submit proof for pending labor from DOL (receipt or ???) along with all other paper for 7th year extension or just sent bunch of paper work?

Just the letter and whatever forms required for the extension. The proof of pending labor that we have used is just the LETTER by old attorney/employer to DOL.

BTW, another guy from our new compnay has got the clearence in a similar way. Good Luck. I also know someone who is waiting for the response back from INS(???) about the confirmation of the 7th Yr extn.

45 day letter continue or stopped?

Havn't seen any 45 day letter since March except 1 in april for a regular case filed in april 2001.

Waitingtoo, JustWatching, and Gandrakota, you all three in November 2001. Any one of you gets 45 day letter or anything?

I wonder if DOL has decided to drop the 45 day letter practice since it is a waste of time.

gandrakota said:
Just the letter and whatever forms required for the extension. The proof of pending labor that we have used is just the LETTER by old attorney/employer to DOL.

BTW, another guy from our new compnay has got the clearence in a similar way. Good Luck. I also know someone who is waiting for the response back from INS(???) about the confirmation of the 7th Yr extn.

Meaning , u did not submit receipt from DOL for 7th year extension...

BPCs approving cases

quote from other thread: Dallas BPCs are approving cases in large quantity. Rumor is BPCs has stopped issuing 45 day letters. Can someone confirm this? Any approval from Philly yet for NY?

GCwhenandwhy said:
Meaning , u did not submit receipt from DOL for 7th year extension...

GCwhenandwhy: Nope. I don't have any proof other than the letter. it worked. ;)

RICHSHI: My old employer did not get the 45 day letter YET. I spoke to them a month ago. Do not know the latest news and not interested in finding the same. I am going with PERM in second week of June and then see if I stay here upto June'06 or more than that. either way I am fine.

More Backlogs

Today, a bill entitled "The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005" was introduced in the U.S. Senate which include the concept of legalization of illegal aliens for temporary employment in the form of a new visa, H-5A and H-5B, and adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident working in such temporary nonimmigrant workers for four years without the employer sponsorship. The following are the excerpts relevant to the legalization program under this bill:

Whats your take on it?

Thanks
EastWest

Can you give the link for that thread? Thanks.

richshi said:
quote from other thread: Dallas BPCs are approving cases in large quantity. Rumor is BPCs has stopped issuing 45 day letters. Can someone confirm this? Any approval from Philly yet for NY?

proof of filing

There has been lot of talk of proof of filing? If you are filing for extension sitting in the goddam... country why do you need that? If you are getting a visa stamp in India, then that is a completely different animal altogether. We are all such pros waiting in this queue for so long, however the age old confusion between status and visa stamp continues.

No Philly Approvals

Guys,

it seems like Dallas has been plugging away, sending letters and approving people. What the heck is going on with Philly??? Are NY-ers going to get stuck in a never-ending queue again?

Does anyone have any news as to why is Dallas making progress and Philly seems to be stalled? Is this just a mere lack-of-resource problem?

Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status

Phily gets fed up with email inquiries. They now speaks plainly and clearly: Do NOT Know, and don't ask us again.

------

You have reached the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center status
inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status
information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia
Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the
data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of
Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing
a new case ID # and may request additional information from the
employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will
also be updated.

* Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
* Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
* Incorrect case closures
* H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain
information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the
following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit
the following internet website:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta...reign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the
following internet websites:

www.plc.doleta.gov/

PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you
will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of
Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

Some good news

My friend filed 140 and 485 in January 05 EB2, He got approved for both today.

His PD was August'04. I think this is a good news which suggests if once you get your LC you are 6 months from getting approved,

THanks
EastWest

Status
Not open for further replies.