New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I filed in Oct 2001 from NY and got the 45 day letter and my lawyer has responded to it. Thats as much info i have !
highope said:
hello

Seems like I have been waiting for the gc for ages!!
I filed my labor in OCT 2001 from NY, now my case has been transfered to Philli backlog center. I have not yet recieved my 45 day notice....

Does someone know how they are handling cases at these centres...i mean are they going according to the dates they recieved application or are they going randomly????

Is there anybody on this forum who has filed labor after oct 2001 from NY and has recieved the 45-day notice?

Can someone who has recieved the 45-day letter tell me what are the documents i need to keep ready for responding to it..

thanx for reading and do reply......no wisecracks...my nerves are fretting!!!!!!!!!

helpjune4 said:
I need to do my 7th year extension. However my attorney was not able to get the the proof of filing from both NYS DOL and PHI BEC for the past 1 and half month :( . They told me they sent out 2 requests already. Has anyone got the proof of filing recently? Any opinion is appreciatedly!

It took my lawyer also quite a bit of time. But once we filed I got my H1 extension approved in seven days flat. BTW it was not premium processing

7th year extension

Thanks gcby2020!

When did you request your Proof of Filing? From where did you get the letter?

Have a great weekend!

thank you srimoorthy

cud you tell me when did you recieve your 45-day letter and

when in OCT 2001 did you file for your GC???

hey just watching

do you have any idea about this situation

My GC process is in labor stage(RIR) since 2001. I am planning to start a new GC application in PERM, from a different company as a future employee.If for some reason my PERM application gets rejected, will it have an impact,on the other GC process that was initiated in 2001 ??

highope said:
hey just watching

do you have any idea about this situation

My GC process is in labor stage(RIR) since 2001. I am planning to start a new GC application in PERM, from a different company as a future employee.If for some reason my PERM application gets rejected, will it have an impact,on the other GC process that was initiated in 2001 ??

no.

BPC stop issuing 45 days letter to NY?

7 of 9 Nov 2001 RIR received 45 day letter in March 2005, you'd expect this trend to continue. But, Bong!!? it stopped. Very disturbing? Your'd wonder what happened?

Logic does not work here. Sadly. Any estimate, guess, are based on logic. But the DOL functions against logic.

What is the cut-off date or any standard, or purely random? It beats me.

richshi said:
7 of 9 Nov 2001 RIR received 45 day letter in March 2005, you'd expect this trend to continue. But, Bong!!? it stopped. Very disturbing? Your'd wonder what happened?

Logic does not work here. Sadly. Any estimate, guess, are based on logic. But the DOL functions against logic.

What is the cut-off date or any standard, or purely random? It beats me.

What beats me is the non-existence of ANY deadine (or ETA) date on *anything* that these guys do !

NY 45 day letter (Non-RIR)

A coworker of mine just got his 45 day letter. He applied on Aug 02. Is this a freak case? Does this mean that I can hope to see this soon (my date is Sept 02)

Thanks

waiting_toolong said:
A coworker of mine just got his 45 day letter. He applied on Aug 02. Is this a freak case? Does this mean that I can hope to see this soon (my date is Sept 02)

Thanks

Can you ask him for his case no.? I just need the first 7 numbers.

Thanks

JustWatching

Satellite offices

I spoke to my lawyer's office and as per them NY cases have not been sent to the BPCs, but have been sent to some satellite office in NY...What does this mean?

I do not know about the latest cases but the cases peding from Nov 2001 at NY SWA went to Philly BEC and received 45 day letters from there..

and your priority date Kodak57?

It is possible. I suspect some NY cases were shipped to NY DOL as satellite office. What is your priority date?

kodak57 said:
I spoke to my lawyer's office and as per them NY cases have not been sent to the BPCs, but have been sent to some satellite office in NY...What does this mean?

kodak57 said:

NY SWA (State) cases were sent to Philadelphia BPC

NY DOL (Regional) cases are still NY DOL Regional office (aka Satellite office).

NY SWA cases

JustWatching said:
NY SWA (State) cases were sent to Philadelphia BPC

NY DOL (Regional) cases are still NY DOL Regional office (aka Satellite office).

I'm not sure if all the NY SWA cases were shipped to Phil BPC. My LC was filed in 2/2003. Recently I'm requesting proof of filing for my 7th year extension. I was not able to get it for the past almost 2 months. According to my attorney, NY still has a lot of cases unshipped and the plan is to finish the shipping in summer (when?). It seems very difficult for them to locate my case. Really don't know what's going to happen. What a mess!

helpjune4 said:
I'm not sure if all the NY SWA cases were shipped to Phil BPC. My LC was filed in 2/2003. Recently I'm requesting proof of filing for my 7th year extension. I was not able to get it for the past almost 2 months. According to my attorney, NY still has a lot of cases unshipped and the plan is to finish the shipping in summer (when?). It seems very difficult for them to locate my case. Really don't know what's going to happen. What a mess!
When is your 6 yrs ending., if you don't get proof of filing before the end date of 6 yrs can we file for 7 yr extension without proof of labor filing?
How it works?Any Idea?

helpjune4 said:

I spoke directly with NY SWA at the beginning of 2005 and they said they had shipped all their 2001 and 2002 cases and were continuing to send boxes of cases. I have to believe that your early 2003 case is definitely at Philadelphia BPC.

If you call 212-337-2193 and press option 4. They clearly state that they can no longer provide status for H1B extensions and that you should contact Philadelphia BPC

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

This is were your attorney should be spending his energy.

I have also heard of people sending proof (ie the Fedex receipt) and a copy of the ETA750 as proof of LC filing.

JustWatching said:
Can you ask him for his case no.? I just need the first 7 numbers.

Thanks

JustWatching

I have not been able to get this from him yet. Will post once I do. He received the letter on April 6th

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.