New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, but

problem is LC. I wonder after LCs finanally get approved, will there be any change to the qucikness of 140 and 485.

the society is not aware of the REAL backlog now is DOL. INS has done a terrific job since Bush appointed a new director 4 years ago. But Elaine Chao, my fellow Chinese, I have nothing to say about her.

Just as Justwatching predicted

If I'm not mistaken JW estimated 6 months to pass 140 and 485, once LC is approved.

With my luck, when I get approved for LC, this 6 month period will double or something.

Zgubi
Nov 27, 2001

zgubi said:
If I'm not mistaken JW estimated 6 months to pass 140 and 485, once LC is approved.

With my luck, when I get approved for LC, this 6 month period will double or something.

Zgubi
Nov 27, 2001

I think, hope you (SPECIFICALLY YOU) will be fine. While cases are getting approved at BPCs right now, few are going to VSC so as time goes by VSC continues to clear its backlog.

Even if they do all Regional cases it first, it's only about 7,000 cases that would go to VSC before yours. The million $ question is how many non-RIR cases for April 2001 there are and how many will make it out of BPC before your case.

USCIS has committed to 6 month processing by June 2006.

JustWatching: heard anything about your case

Last time, you mentioned you are going to PERM ( which I heard is quite difficult for conversions), how is it going? It should be very soon for you to receive the 45 day letter. Totally make no sense for them all of sudden to stop issuing 45 day letter to NY 2001 cases.. they did many back in March 2005. You probably should call to ask them why.

I believe it may be easier or even faster for you to stick to the old LC.

richshi said:
Last time, you mentioned you are going to PERM ( which I heard is quite difficult for conversions), how is it going? It should be very soon for you to receive the 45 day letter. Totally make no sense for them all of sudden to stop issuing 45 day letter to NY 2001 cases.. they did many back in March 2005. You probably should call to ask them why.

I believe it may be easier or even faster for you to stick to the old LC.

Not going PERM, I was just exploring the option. In my specific case, it didn't make sense for me to pursue.

So I am patiently waiting for my 45-day letter.

As you know I keep the BPC tracker for everyone and I have yet to see a 45-day letter in May from anyone. I have a feeling they are doing heads down data entry and will then begin sending letters out again. This is just speculation on my part and have no information that would back up this theory.

I'm hopeful, but...

JustWatching said:
I think, hope you (SPECIFICALLY YOU) will be fine. While cases are getting approved at BPCs right now, few are going to VSC so as time goes by VSC continues to clear its backlog.

Even if they do all Regional cases it first, it's only about 7,000 cases that would go to VSC before yours. The million $ question is how many non-RIR cases for April 2001 there are and how many will make it out of BPC before your case.

USCIS has committed to 6 month processing by June 2006.

JW - thanks.
But I don't know what's more frustrating: the fact that they seem to have stopped sending 45-day letters to people since March, or that the ones that received it and replied have not been approved yet.
And that BPC doesn't want to communicate at all, anymore.

It is really frustrating that, as DOl was getting close to November, they started this whole BPC ordeal... it seems like they always 'manage' to think of something to delay the process even more...

DOL = Delay OLD Labor

The only thing they are good at is Delay and more delay...

DOL = Delay Old Labor

Loosing my faith in system, Does not surprise me.

Thanks
EastWest

Today's conference call

sleepless_in_IN said:
DOL has been saying they will process cases FIFO per PD. Yet they are processing (approving) Regional cases with PD 2002 while State 2001 cases await 45-day letters. I believe they will complete processing all Regional Cases before they touch the State cases reagardless of PD. This means we will see Regional applications with PDs in 2004 get approved BEFORE State cases with older PDs. Meaning some of us wait 4-5 years for out LC while others get it in a year.

Tomorrow Rajiv Khanna is having a FREE conf. call - would it be worth it for all of us to dial in and ask him whether applying some sort of legal pressure on the DOL would help State Cases? Would you guys with PD 2001 be willing to dial in to show the enormous number of people stuck in our situation?

I am lost as to what else we can do other than WAIT. Any feedback?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Conference Call Tomorrow (18 May) at 1 PM E.S.T
Rajiv will host a conference call at 1 PM Eastern Time tomorrow (Wednesday, 18 May). The discussion will be limited for the most part to litigation against the government for delays and related matters.

Dial 641-985-0100
Access Code: 318388#

I, unfortunately, cannot dial in. I would like to kindly ask someone to post the minutes (obviously not detailed) of the meeting, as well as if you people made any significant conclusions.

thank you very much

zgubi said:
I, unfortunately, cannot dial in. I would like to kindly ask someone to post the minutes (obviously not detailed) of the meeting, as well as if you people made any significant conclusions.

thank you very much

Isn't the time 1 PM EST... ? Maybe that's why you are not a able to dial in...

Correction

kohls said:
Isn't the time 1 PM EST... ? Maybe that's why you are not a able to dial in...

I must have used the wrong tense. 'I WILL not be able to dial in' is what I meant to say.

IMO, 10 simultaneous lawsuit in different states is the only way out of this. If its W.H policy to delay labor, nothing can be done about it except lawsuits. If we are lucky and got consederate judge, he/she can order BEC to clear everything up by end of this year.

Timeline

USCISisMockery said:
IMO, 10 simultaneous lawsuit in different states is the only way out of this. If its W.H policy to delay labor, nothing can be done about it except lawsuits. If we are lucky and got consederate judge, he/she can order BEC to clear everything up by end of this year.

how long would the lawsuit take? What makes you think it wouldn't last for years?

actions

USCISisMockery said:

I really appreciate all your effort. By watching what you have done here, I do believe you are a very brave and respectful person, although sometime you can be a little bit temperamental.

What will it take to file a lawsuit?

After reading different posts by active members in the forum, I feel very infuriated. I really never saw this delay as a big con to keep sicere hard working immigrants from earning thier permanent status. I really want to sue people who mislead us so long in the pretense of lack of resource, unforseen volume of application and other spins that they keep coming up every other month.

USCISisMockery have you done any research on what our options to sue the people behind this ploy. Irrespective of the decision we can atleast make our point accross that they are atleast accountable to answer the justice system of this country.

Now you're talking USISIsMockery ...

Lawsuits. .. now that I like. That's the best way to get our name in papers and at least SHOW THEM that we wont lie around meekly till they gratitously bestow us with GCs. As for the legal grounds we have for the lawsuit and speeding up the GC process ... well, that's a different question (believe me, they've speeded up as much as they can with the new system ... I think it'll gain traction soon like the Dallas BEC). But again, it's a posturing game ... and the pressure from the media attention might make them work a wee bit quicker. The main idea again is to make them get some flak for what they've done, and to show them that they can't get away so easily with it. I'll go for the lawsuit anyday ... put my name in it when you find an lawyer who will tkae up the case (or any other process you know). It'll get dismissed in a day for sure ... but I'm sure it'll get press coverage.

Received 45 day letter yesterday

My 1st post so be kind.

Date of acceptance for processing -- November 21, 2002
ETA case number P-05117-7xxxx.

Noor,

Welcome aboard, was your application submitted to NY SWA ?

noor said:
My 1st post so be kind.

Date of acceptance for processing -- November 21, 2002
ETA case number P-05117-7xxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.