New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called, no changes....

Originally posted by zamq
thanks ny-quant,jjsxbr,mannanD,zybin,araina77
can you do another favor please
if you have your 750 A and 750 B forms with you then i think you'll have your company phone number in the forms

call NY regional AVM 212 337 2193 press 1 and then press 2 for company contact number and try to give your office phone number, like that you can know if your case or another case from your office went to NY Regional DOL.

i came to know when i gave my phone number that DOL Regional got some new cases and NY SESA are processing July/Aug 2001 cases.

its good to know from isabella case went to DOL,can you tell isabella how many employees are working in your company, if more people are working i think you'll get very soon[

AVM response

I called and checked the status. The option only allows me to check with the Employer tax id. When I enter the tax id, it says that tax id cannot be located.

Whats the way ti check using the phone number on the application?

Thanks.

Re: AVM response

Originally posted by sr_srikanth
I called and checked the status. The option only allows me to check with the Employer tax id. When I enter the tax id, it says that tax id cannot be located.

Whats the way ti check using the phone number on the application?

Thanks.

Press 1 for tax id
Press 2 for telephone number
Enter phone
Press 2, to move to the next record
Press 3 to fax back info.

AVM response

Thanks. OK. I tried it with my companys phone number which is on the form 750 A/B and it says that phone number cannot be located.

There are no other canadidates from my company waiting for LC now. So there may not be other records. But I am concerned that it does not mean that they do not have my application right? My attorney sent it using certified mail and we have the acknowledgement from the department of labour.

Thanks.

may be it is not added to the automated system yet, do not worry and check it again in couple of days or a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
how frequently this automated system get update?? any idea?? its really good to hear they processing July/Aug 2001 cases.

I called the DOL AVM. One case from my company was received by DOL on Jan. 22,2004, RIR was denied on MArch 15, 2004.
The code number is programmer/analyst. Hope it's not mine.
Three years waiting. Sad.

Just sacn the record of LCA from my company since 04/2003. Here is the result:

Dot Code Status Status Date
160.267-026 Denied 04/2003
030.162-014 Certified 06/2003
030.162-014 Certified 06/2003
160.162.018 Certified 05/2003
030.162-014 Certified 05/2003
186.117-078 RIR Denied 06/2003
030.162-014 RIR Denied 07/2003
030.062-010 Certified 01/2004
030.162-014 RIR Denied 01/2004

There are several cases pending in regional office now. As I spoke with my attorney yesterday, they saw more programmer analyst (030.162-014) LCA cases denied than Software Engineer (030.062-010). Actually they recommend people to file as Software Engineer if possible.

sorry to hear from manaD and quickmouse that some RIRs denied from Regional NY DOL.

as per mananD , thier company RIR has been denied becoz that's programmer analyst and if you look in to quickmouse's scan results
030.062-010 Certified 01/2004
030.162-014 RIR Denied 01/2004

2 in last year and 1 this year denied.

quckmouse, i dont think that regional DOL will deny all RIR cases who filed as pragrammer analyst, in other forums all are getting labor cleared who files as programmer/analyst.
mystery ..dont know what
hope everyone from NY are filed in RIR and as a software engineer

all the best for rest of us
we filed wayback and now they are rejecting RIR.its ridiculous
if suppose NY DOL or NY regional they'll tell way back that RIR cases denied then we can file from another state.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was file as Programmer Analyst at the end of August.

Still I do not think this is specific to the PA, the most probably RIR was denied because not enough advertising was done.

I am not suggesting that PA always got rejected. From my attorney told me, they haven't seen major trend of approving RIR cases. According to her opinion, Software Engineer has better chance than Programmer Analyst.

I spoke to my company lawyer yesterday and she said NY DOL processing Aug 2001. also she mensioned NY DOL dont reject or denny programmer Analysts just like that. its all depends of kind of advertising and profile submission.

Another update from my attorney:

They are actually processing August now. Concurrent I-140/I-145 are taking about 2.5 years, and non-concurrent 1.5 years - that will lead to a total of SIX YEARS total waiting time!!!!!

How can we build a so called equal opportunity country with this kind of immigration policies?

Do you think we are increasing the gap between separate americas (one white, another black, another spanish speaking, another hindu, another muslim, etc.) with those 17th. century policies?

With even spread apart americas, how will we be able to still call it a country?

Is the policy currently in place completelly forgeting about citizenship rights (i.e. I pay my taxes, you give me my rights) in exchange for corporate profits?

How much profit is really worth? Is it worth the country?

Think about it: 30 years from now, 70% of America will not be white. And this remaining 70% came from families that their very own government denied full rights and equal education and employment opportunities (that's the meaning of what is called citizenship) for as much as TWELVE YEARS (yes... add the citizenship wait time) - half of an educated person's productive life.

What effect you think the status quo (Let's pretend illegals are not here, because they can lawn my grass for almost no money, and they probably do not need to send their kids to school because they do not speak english and they are not even white - they do not look like Americans. Moreover, let's reduce their salaries - increasing profits is what counts! ) will have in creating a second, third, forth, fifth class america?

Are we ready to deal with the social consequences? Do you think just building more jails is gonna take care of it?

We seed today what we'll get tomorrow.

Look at america today - that history will probably call the "Red Neck America" (e.g. emmigrants are potential terrorists, real americans are white, let's start a holy war - a crusade, let's send poor and emmigrant people as heros to die in a distant land, just because my dad had unfinished businesses with that dictator - that BTW we put there in first place) - I fear for my kids and grandkids

PS.: Just the second paragraph is an update from my attorney :)

Originally posted by NYdeal
I spoke to my company lawyer yesterday and she said NY DOL processing Aug 2001. also she mensioned NY DOL dont reject or denny programmer Analysts just like that. its all depends of kind of advertising and profile submission.

jjsxbr, what do you mean by the none Concurrent process take less then the Concurrent one ? how come ? that does not make sense ? how is it 1.5 year while the Concurrent is 2.5 year ? can you provide more detail please

Hi to all from a new member

This is really a nice thread to join. Thanks guys for posting all the gr8 info. Sorry to know abt a few denails. My worry is if I would fall in the same trap. My LC was filed in oct 2001 as Senior
Sowtware Engneer / Developer. I am not sure abt the last part like if its Developer or Engineer. Will it be a problem if they placed an add generally like computer programmer or computer software developer. I hope somebody would ease my worries.

Thanks

Sucks right..?

What he said is since everybody is taking the concurrent path, the non-concurrent is faster...

According to him also you can only get your EAD if you file concurrently - can you guys confirm that?

Also, according to him, it's taking up to 3 months to get the EAD after the regional is cleared. Can you please confirm that also?

One other thing: do your family members get their SSN after the regional is cleared? If not, when?

Originally posted by ahalem
jjsxbr, what do you mean by the none Concurrent process take less then the Concurrent one ? how come ? that does not make sense ? how is it 1.5 year while the Concurrent is 2.5 year ? can you provide more detail please

Originally posted by jjsxbr
Sucks right..?
Yeah, big time.

What he said is since everybody is taking the concurrent path, the non-concurrent is faster...

Well, this would be really strange, since this implied that there are two queues --and I-140 getting label "concurrent" are going to the lower priority processing. What if I send I-140 alone and in 2 weeks send I-485? Do they dig my I-140 up to change the label? Sounds doubtful to me, but of course possible.

According to him also you can only get your EAD if you file concurrently - can you guys confirm that?

Also, according to him, it's taking up to 3 months to get the EAD after the regional is cleared. Can you please confirm that also?

Indeed, you can apply for EAD (for yourself and your spouse) only after I-485 has been filed. So if doing this non-concurrently, then you need to wait until I-140 is approved and then send I-485 with EAD application. Current time to get EAD is more like 4 months after I-485/EAD were sent to BCIS.

One other thing: do your family members get their SSN after the regional is cleared? If not, when?

AFAIK, When you have EAD you can vring it in to the SS Office and get SN issued.

-Q.

RIR August 2001

I have just received an info from my lawyer that NY SWA is processing my application, and they requested an update on the minimum wage. So it's moving. My papers were sent to the SWA on Aug. 28, 2001.
Mno

priority date june152001
sesa query -prevailing wages
moved to Regional in February.

Heard from lawyer, regional is processing cases from dec2003.
Is that True?

Status
Not open for further replies.