New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
email inqury

Hi, guys:
What happened to the email inquiry system that uses employer phone number or ID or ...?
I tried several times in the past several months to get information about the LC cases filed by my employer, and it seemed that the email address is not valid any more. I'm pretty sure it worked before as I had always used that.
I'm talking about the "lcstatus02@doleta.gov" stuff.

I called automated system and heard June 2001 for RIR. But I do agree to the warnings posted by our friends to hold on our joys. It may not be real. In fact , I do not believe unless we see thru our own eyes on their website. Its good to talk about I140 and 485s tho. And what I know from my readings before, it is not safe to change job unless I140 is approved. I have an understanding that you can still get 485 approved if you change job after 140 clearance. I dont know if anybody wants to say this is risky too.

Finally- yes hard to believe. Based on the progress in the other states, September 2001 should not be an issue. Any thoughts on the speed from April to June? Is the 15000 number for May 2001 to Dec 2001 official?

re: automated system

if you take a look at http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/contacts.asp

it has the following message:

Foreign Labor Contact Information

Please be advised that the NY Regional e-mail and Telephone Information Retreival Systems will be down until February 28.

Since this system hadn't worked since summer 2003,
I presume it is a good sign they turn it back on.

-NYQ.

I should get busy more often!!

So I had a couple of crazy days and hadn't had time to read the forum, and surprise! 4 pages of new postings....June 2001! Oh yes!

Some comments -

15,000 LCs from May 2001 - December 2001 is right.

I think part of the reason they went through May 2001 so quickly was because last year when they "began" processing May 2001 cases, they probably got through a good number.

Also remember that new directions have been given to them which has streamlined the process (ie just make sure that the application is completed correctly and wage is adequate).

A while ago I was tracking month by month, progress from all states - none of them got "stuck" in September 2001 so I think we are safe there.

nyquant - the phone number that is down is the regional number not the NY SWA.

More news

See attached...

USCIS looking for additional dollars for FY2005 to reduce backlogs.

USCIS Prioritizes Backlog Reduction in FY 2005 Budget

Content:
February 3, 2003 -- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently requested approximately $1.7 billion in the Fiscal Year 2005 budget, including a 60% increase in funding for the reduction of the immigration backlog. The budget breaks down as follows:

Immigration Services -- $765 million
Nonimmigrant Services -- $400 million
Citizenship Services -- $247 million
Asylum/Refugee Services -- $139 million
Backlog Reduction -- $160 million

The coinciding of today's increase in immigration benefit fees and the budget increase aimed at reducing the backlog time for all immigration aplications makes sense in light of the fact that approximately $1.5 billion of the budget comes from fee revenues from legal immigration benefits.

I know it's regional - I was responding to nylcvictim;s question few messages above - he asked about why it does not work currently.

Anyway, regional is current so it should not make much difference anyway to learn that your application got to the reg level a week earlier than your lawyer tells you it got approved.

Originally posted by amrit99
Finally- yes hard to believe. Based on the progress in the other states, September 2001 should not be an issue. Any thoughts on the speed from April to June? Is the 15000 number for May 2001 to Dec 2001 official?

It is.

"There was a backlog of over 53,000 applications at the state office as of December 31, 2001. Over 38,000 of these were filed before the § 245(i) deadline of April 30, 2001.
Under a recently promulgated DOL rule, traditionally filed application can be converted to RIRs as long as the application was filed on or before August 31, 2001"
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/News_Cyrus.asp?news_id=505&intPage=15

It means Aug 2001 was a deadline for traditional LC to RIR conversion and it may create an additional delay in RIR processing.

Here is NJ RIR dates for the last year, hopefully we will have similar or better dates to this since both states are very similar:

Publish Month, Priority Date
January-04, 12/01/2001
December-03, 11/01/2001
November-03, 11/01/2001
October-03, 11/01/2001
September-03, 10/01/2001
August-03, 09/01/2001
July-03, 09/01/2001
June-03, 07/01/2001
May-03, 07/01/2001
April-03, 06/01/2001
March-03, 05/01/2001
February-03, 04/30/2001
January-03, 04/30/2001

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks justwatching and ahalem for your information..
justwatching the date is feb4,2004 not 2003..

ahalem this is very good info may be ours also will come quickly ..like every month they do months work...

i dont know how many will be in june and july in particular???
any thoughts??

thanks quickmouse and mykan for your info in our excel sheet
please common NY folks do come and update your information so that we can know how many people are there

its good to see after a long time so many people are coming and participating in our NY forum

To answer jani2711,
Now it seems like it takes about a year to clear 140, but hopefully it will take less once Vermont starts the backlog reduction plan.
What do you need the former employer for? See, for 140, the company is the applicant and you are the beneficiary, so any question is addressed to the applicant even it is about you, so you definitely need the employer.
Another issue for 140 is that if you use a company attorney, sometimes they won’t give you your case numbers. In that case, you can not check the status online. The only hope here is that if you pay for the 140 filing fee yourself, since the EAC number is printed on the back of the check. Or you can guess the notice date from your EAD and AP,(Usually it the same day, and the first digit after 5 should be the same, e.g.EAC041235AXXX, A should be the same number as your EAD or AP) then you can use the script to check all the 140 cases with the same filing date. Once all the 140 cases within that day is touched (either approved or RFE is sent), you know you should expect something soon. It is a long shot, I know.
Here is another site that is useful sometimes, immigrationwatch.com
Last, I wanna say, I am not an attorney, I am just like you guys. And I got most of the information from the web, mainly this site. So you know what to do with the infos.

Status
Not open for further replies.