New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway it will take 3 weeks to confirm for those who filed in MAY 2001 labors cleared..
please let us know who got cleared their labor from may/june 2001
so that here we'll have some confidence that SESA is going on in right path...

Wow ! Confirmed from the phone line, They are saying June 2001. So does it mean that they jumped staright to June from April ?

Mine was filed in December 2001, and I too am concerned about the September 2001 rush !

NY LABOR TRACKER

Guys,

I will appreciate if all of you can fill your labor info in attached excel sheet.

This will help us to track our labor status.

Thanks

About 245i Extension

Hello all..... I've been watching developments on this forum closely for quite some time now. You guys have provided a lot of information so far.
I filed my labor in August 2002 and was very much frustrated at the SESA like all of you. But, hopefully everything will go smoothly now on.

SORRY FOR THIS FOLLOWING INFO, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT, ATLEAST FOR NOW.

I want to shade some light on one more issue, 245i EXTENSION. Noone is going to like it but our dear (?) President Bush proposed to extend 245i deadline by 4 months in the year 2001, and on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2001, House of Representatives approved 4 month 245i extension till August 2001. I have no clue what the imapct will be on the current RIR processing which is in June 2001 now. Does this mean that it is going to halt once again for some unknown amount of time in the month of August 2001?????

CAN SOMEONE CHECK WITH HIS/HER LAWYER and confirm if this is true?? and if true what is the impact on RIR processing?? It would be a great help to all of us.

Best of luck to everyone...

-Budz

August 2001

I asked my lawyer's office about the extension of 245i deadline. According to them, the deadline was April 30, 2001.

I am pretty sure there was another ext until Sept 2001 , I hate to say there might be another delay but that is the facts we should deal with

Aug 01

I am hearing Aug 01 extension for the first time, but I think someone posted earlier that there are 15,000 cases between May and Dec 01. Hope this # includes this Aug s**t too.

NJ SESA cleared their Sept. 2001 backlog in a month.

Back in May 2002, When I called NY SESA to enquire, I recall, a lady telling me of a huge back log for the Month of April 2001 and another bigger than normal backlog for Sept. 2001

But if you look into the archives, NJ SESA cleared their Sept. 2001 back log in just 1 month.

Mykan, that is good news, so the backlog in NJ was not that big for the month of sept , hopefully it will be the case for NY state, lets pray for that....

Sep,2001

I believe the issue of 09/2001 is not the 245i extension. It is the conversion of regular LC to RIR. Hope it will not impact a lot.

Anyway, it's good to see NY DOL move forward.

please come and give your information in this excel sheet
mike_inus i added your name but go ahead and give further details

common NY guys ..come and give your info...

It's so unbelievable that everything seems to be changed up side down in last 3 days. It's definitely a great news for everyone here. Over the last 3 years, we did suffer a lot. Hope everyone can get out this haunting soon.

HI, guys, here are some info about next steps.

I-140 and 485
Processing time:
Among the service centers, as far as 140 goes, Vermont is the slowest (Nebraska is the fastest), but 485 is the fastest(January, 2002) (Texas is the slowest) .
For EB2, the official processing time was June 2002, For EB3 it is January 2003,but you can find approved cases as far as November 2003, it is pure luck. (Anyone interested, EB1 is the slowest among three categories now.)
When you apply for 140 and 485 concurrently, you can also apply for EAD (Employment authorization card) and AP (Advanced parole). Vermont service center should issue your EAD and AP within 90 days, (but currently Vermont is experiencing some delay in AP). (By the way getting an intrim EAD from NYC local office is a nightmare, one of the worst kinds.) Before they issue your EAD and AP, USCIS will give your case a preliminary check. If you are lucky enough, your case can be approved right there. If you are lucky, but not that lucky, Vermont service center will send a RFE (request for Evidence) on your case, usually it is about company’s ability’s to pay, education evaluation, photos…. Most of the cases, within weeks after receiving your reply, Vermont approves your case. If you are not lucky at all, which means your EAD and AP get approved without any RFE, you have to wait indefinitely for your 140 approval.
Now the hope about 140 is USCIS is planning to reduce the backlog of 140 by assigning the resource which processes H1B now to140, once the quota for this year is reached. So we will see.

Case numbers: For each application, Vermont gives you a case number, the case number usually looks like this: EAC041235XXX, EAC is for Vermont service center, 04 is the fiscal year starting from October 2003, 123 is the days since the fiscal year. 5 is always there, and the last four digits are your case number. By the way, there are scripts you can find from this site that can check 140 cases within 1000 number range. (e.g. 0412351000 to 0412351999) each time you run it. If you check more than 1000 from USCIS's website, your IP will be banned from the site for 24 hrs.

AC21 rule; (When you can change jobs)
You can change jobs 180 days after you file your 485 by using your EAD, provided your 140 is approved.
You can still change job before your 140 approval, but it is risky.
If your 140 is approved straight, you are fine.
But if you change your job and Vermont sends a RFE on your case, you are in trouble, unless your former employer is still willing to help you to answer it.
If your 140 is denied, you have to leave the country and reenter it as H1B holder.

Maybe we are thinking ahead of us, but let’s hope we will get there soon.

thanks anxiousOR

its really a good report what steps we have to take after our labors cleared..
keep it up...

Great Info

Thanks anxiousOR . That was great info.

I have a couple of questions tho.
1. How long approx. does it take to clear(approval) I 140 ?
2. what kind of help would u need from previous employer in case of REF ? ( I thought the new employer can provide you with the required information if needed in case u change the job)

Thanx in advance

Originally posted by anxiousOR
HI, guys, here are some info about next steps.

Thanks anxiousOR.

NY guys, comon wake up and fill your labor info in excel sheet.

This will help everyone.

We really appreciate your input .....

Thanks

DID I HEAR IT RIGHT???

I just called 212-621-9330... and...

They said "JUNE 2001 for RIR"

Am I dreamin?

jjsxbr,
yes now NY DOL are doing june 2001 RIR cases

read from 66 page you can know about this...
come out of your dream....its real....

Originally posted by zamq
jjsxbr,
yes now NY DOL are doing june 2001 RIR cases

read from 66 page you can know about this...
come out of your dream....its real....

Guys,
I would warn you against your premature joy - we remember when year ago NY DOL moved to May 2001 RIR, then suddenly it rolled back to April 2001.

The current processing times, reported by their phone system, may be a big trick from NY DOL.

Also I would like to remind you that 15,000 RIR cases were filled during May-December 2001 and it may take 10 months to clear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.