New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, all the dates on the site are for regional office.

For example if you see a date 5/20/2001 , it means that SWA approved the application some day around 5/15/2001, and on 5/20/2001 it was registered in the regional office.

Then the regional took few months to approve it (or deny), and
these are the dates you see.

"Certified" means regional approved it.
"RIR denied" means the case was denied,
"Remanded to the state", means that the case was sent back...

I saw all three of the message above in the last column.

The cases not approved by SWA do not appear in this web site at all - this is a regional office information!

Hope this helps...

just a abbreviation

>>This search page allows you to view the PERManent Labor Certification Database.

just a short for permanent (as opposite to what?).

Nothing in common with the new PERM system except for the name.

ny-quant,
i spoke to my HR just now, she said they filed only 2 cases in 2001 from NY city thru my company in Aug 2001.
both didnt get any information from NY DOL.
but i saw in this site when i give my company name and state as New York one is there in Aug 2001 and gave Certified

how come this happens???
am i missing something??

good news....Processing June2001

check the automated message.212 621 9330.
saying processing RIR cases of June2001 as of Feb!!!

Originally posted by zamq
ny-quant,
i spoke to my HR just now, she said they filed only 2 cases in 2001 from NY city thru my company in Aug 2001.
both didnt get any information from NY DOL.
but i saw in this site when i give my company name and state as New York one is there in Aug 2001 and gave Certified

how come this happens???
am i missing something??

Yes, those who got to the Regional DOL in Aug 2001 had most likely applied for the Labor in 2000 (if RIR), a year before it came to the regional, since it had to be approved at the SWA level first.

SWA is a black hole - they do not issue case numbers, nor case status info. This web site shows only the second stage of the labor certification.

Every Labor ceritification has to be approved first by SWA, then it comes up to the regional center which should approve it as well or can remand it back to SWA for some further information.

Our regional center is quite good, so we usually do not think about it - the applications are approved there over 1-20 days.
For your case to appear at this web site it has to be forwarded to the regional. While it is still in the state you have no information.

ok.thanks n-quant now i got some info
its not for us to look..
those who applied before 2001 has to go there and look..

after june 2001 no one can check their status on this particular site becoz state is still processing those cases.

Just wondering till now whatever they processed in April 2001, are they going to backlog again in regional offices??

Originally posted by NYdeal
Just wondering till now whatever they processed in April 2001, are they going to backlog again in regional offices??

I hope not, specially with assumption that all cases got approved usually get send to the Regional office very fast and they should be processed in the same month , for the last year, the regional office showing current or one month of delay.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Oberton
JustWatching-

I have another numbers:
http://www.house.gov/velazquez/PressReleases/2003/PR031003.
htm
According to this document NY DOL foreign labor unit processes 13,000 cases per year or aproximately 1,100 per month.
In the next source
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=505&intPage=23 you can find, that "There was a backlog of over 53,000 applications at the state office (NY) as of December 31, 2001. Over 38,000 of these were filed before the 245(i) deadline of April 30, 2001"

38,000 cases, filled under 245(i), were in April 2001 backlog!

38,000/1,100 = 34.5 months or almost 3 years we need to wait from December 31, 2001.

It means they can clear the April 2001 backlog on the END of this year.

If you are right, having 10,000 cases left in the backlog, it is needed 9 month from this moment to process all of them and we have almost the same result - end of this fiscal year.

I do not see any reason why it can be faster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am new to this Forum. Just verified old messages and found this. 1 month ago NY dol still has arround 30,000 pending cases. so, what happened all those with in 1 month span ?? are thy moved to backlog center MD ??
just wondering 1 yr ago they moved NY processing times to May 2001 and went back to April 2001. So, is it going to happen again ??

I dont think so

According to my conversation with DOL person and I guess others talked to them too.. is that they have atlast finished the backlog of April and they finished may cases as well ( she said may cases were converted cases anyway.. which I could not understand what it means.. but ) she specifically mentioned that the backlog processing was over as far as April is concerned.

we all have some confusion what's going on now at NY DOL
we can get rid of these only when someone tells us their labor has been cleared from both state and regional levels

did anyone got their labor cleared for may/june 2001 , please let us know so that we can know that NY DOL people are doing things on rightway maybe in slow motion

Hi NYDeal,

I understand your concerns but here are some facts :

- NY DOL automatic phone system and all direct phone calls to the DOL staff confirmed they moved to June 2001.
- Moving to June and Not May, is good indication that they will not rollback to April again ( Rollback , what an expression :) )
- Moving quickly to June was a result of processing May cases during the test sample of the Pilot project, so that will not be the case for June or the following months.
- 53,000 - 38,000 = 15,000 cases (RIR and none RIR for year 2001) , and since DOL is processing 1100 case per month, hopefully it should be month to month for the year 2001 cases.
- Finnally, there is nothing we can do except waiting :) and praying that DOL speed the processing more and more.

Any way its going to take a coule of weeks atleast to find out if anyone's case got approved in may coz it has to be at the federal level and wont get certified so soon hence we wont hear from our lawers untill atleast a couple of weeks

A note of optimism

Originally posted by ahalem
Hi NYDeal,

I understand your concerns but here are some facts :

- NY DOL automatic phone system and all direct phone calls to the DOL staff confirmed they moved to June 2001.
- Moving to June and Not May, is good indication that they will not rollback to April again ( Rollback , what an expression :) )
- Moving quickly to June was a result of processing May cases during the test sample of the Pilot project, so that will not be the case for June or the following months.
- 53,000 - 38,000 = 15,000 cases (RIR and none RIR for year 2001) , and since DOL is processing 1100 case per month, hopefully it should be month to month for the year 2001 cases.
- Finnally, there is nothing we can do except waiting :) and praying that DOL speed the processing more and more.

I would also like to say that 1,100 cases/month was before the last memo from DOL where they "relaxed" rules to certify RIRs so they may be able to process faster than that. This could very well be wishful thinking...

I don't want to spoil the optimism here.

I just wonder how often NY DOL and Federal DOL deny a application, or put it in another way, what is the chance of an application will clear at both level.

also, given regular labor cert. is MARCH 2001, How bad it could be if the RIR got denied.

one more question, which level (ny dol or federal dol regional office) issue the approval, since the automatic phone in NY DOL said: the employer or attoney should hear from NY DOL within one month of processing.

Thanks in advance for info.

I spoke with my attorney at the end of last week. Here is what she told me:

1) NY DOL is processing cases from June 2001. However, it doesn't mean they have finished all Apr and May cases. It only means they have started processing June cases. There are still some (don't know how many) cases from Apr and May distributted to DOL officers, but not finished yet.

2) Regarding to how big is the chance to get RIR approved, she mentioned they (her law firm) haven't seen a trend of approving RIR cases. But they have mixed cases of both approved and denied applications.

However, her tone has changed from last time I spoke with her (about 4 month ago). Last time she tried to persuade us to file a regular LCA because she thought RIR was hopeless. Now she said a regular LCA could be a good back-up in case RIR doesn't go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.