New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My case was filed in August 7th '01. Just one case of my company was moved to regional on March 17th. I thinks its not mine. So I m waiting. Does anyone think I should call the lawyer yet ? I was planning to wait till the end of the month.

jani2711 said:
My case was filed in August 7th '01. Just one case of my company was moved to regional on March 17th. I thinks its not mine. So I m waiting. Does anyone think I should call the lawyer yet ? I was planning to wait till the end of the month.

you better call to your lawyer now ASAP.
i spoke to one guy in state dept office in Albany,NY ,he is saying that only some cases are in computer now and remaining cases US DOL wants all State and Regional should be sent to main backlog centers in phili and texas, i dont know when, he is telling all cock and bull stories,
i was confused and depressed about what info i got from that guy

i gave all info to my attorney and he told me he'll call state dept this week and find out what's happening,
man i dont know why its happening to me only, its almost 3 and half year myGC process started.its totally ridiculous man

without any help or anything i dont know our cases will go to regional or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
verant123 said:
you better call to your lawyer now ASAP.
i spoke to one guy in state dept office in Albany,NY ,he is saying that only some cases are in computer now and remaining cases US DOL wants all State and Regional should be sent to main backlog centers in phili and texas, i dont know when, he is telling all cock and bull stories,
i was confused and depressed about what info i got from that guy

i gave all info to my attorney and he told me he'll call state dept this week and find out what's happening,
man i dont know why its happening to me only, its almost 3 and half year myGC process started.its totally ridiculous man

without any help or anything i dont know our cases will go to regional or not.

Per a previous post, some info provided at the AILA National Conference. According to them cases for Region II and III are the only ones that would be initially transferred to the backlog centers

Unbelievable, but NY SESA RIR processing time has been updated to September 2001.
It seems they process one month of RIR cases in one calendar month.

New member's information

My case was "sent" to NYDOL via fedex at 10/22/2002. RIR. Job title: Application Developer (BS+1Yr. requirement). No receipt, no case number has been received. The company attorney told me NY doesn't provide case number. So I even don't know my PD. I am wondering if others experienced similar situation.

I will call the attorney to make sure it was at least "received".

My prediction: I will see my case moved to regional next March (just speculation).

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
verant123 said:
justwatching then how about our cases from NY state?

Nothing on NY cases was communicated. I looked at Region II and III and they are in much better shape than we are. Don't know if they are doing it to get some quick wins from an overall backlog reduction perspective.

verant123 said:
ooh man, so we dont know when our cases can go to regional now,

LET ME CLARIFY -

The statements I made wher about our cases (NY), whether in REgional or in State not likely to being initially transferred to the BACKLOG REDUCTION CENTERS.

I assume that eventually cases from NY will be transferred to the BACKOG REDUCTION CENTERS. Pretty sure that by the time PERM is implemented this will have to be the case, perhaps earlier.

In the meantime, I assume (my guess) that NY SWA will continue to transfer cases to Regional just like they have been doing it up to now.

Hope everybody gets cleared quickly

Just Watching does it mean that our cases will be moved faster and will be done by this year, if this is the news then its great i was expecting my case will done in mid 2005.

Based on the speed they are going with.

Thats great

Hope it works :rolleyes:

saburi said:
Just Watching does it mean that our cases will be moved faster and will be done by this year, if this is the news then its great i was expecting my case will done in mid 2005.

Based on the speed they are going with.

Thats great

Hope it works :rolleyes:

i dont think NY people will do our cases very fast as per now, therre are lot people whose cases filed in july/aug 2001 still didnt have any info about them.

but if you can look in to state site ,they are doing sept 2001 RIR cases
still dont know what is happening inside.

Processing and Backlog Reduction Centers

Additional explanation:

DISCLAIMER: Nothing but my guess. But for the record, other than the computer issue with NY SWA, my estimates have been pretty decent :)

Now: Processing continues just as we have seen it. About 1 month progress every month. Although they are processing multiple months at a time.

2-3 months: Backlog reduction centers will begin operating but it SEEMS that they will take Regions II and III first (NY is in Region I).

Sometime after (and I assume no later than when PERM is effective) Let's say end of 2004.: All cases would get transferred to Backlog Reduction Center

So what does this mean in terms of speed:

Now: No difference
2-3 months: No difference
Sometime after: The more recent your case the more you will benefit. The goal is to clear the backlog in two years. So if you are ABOUT June 2002 or after you will benefit. If you are before, it's a toss because your case will get processed along with ALL other cases from ALL other states.

My guess at who will get transferred to Backlog Centers:

Cases with PD on/after Jan 2002.

I believe 2001 cases for the most part will be processed at NY SWA and NY Regional.

Backlog Centers Update -- Murthy

LC/RIR Backlog Reduction Centers

The backlog reduction centers to process regular LC and RIR cases pending all across the U.S. will be set up in Philadelphia and Dallas. These two centers are expected to be implemented and operational before PERM starts. PERM will be processed at two centers located in Atlanta and Chicago with jurisdiction over cases for the entire U.S.

At this point, Mr. Carlson expects that the backlog centers will first handle cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas regions. After PERM is implemented, these backlog centers will also receive regular LC and RIR cases from the Atlanta and Chicago regions. Once case backlogs of these regions have been addressed, other regions will be phased into having their cases processed at these two national backlog centers.

The DOL is hoping that the backlog centers to process regular LC and RIR cases will only be needed for about two years. This timeframe, however, will depend in part upon how many pending cases are converted to PERM and how many other cases will be withdrawn by employers. The backlog reduction centers will remain open until all non-PERM cases are adjudicated. Backlog reduction centers may try to target occupations where there are generally approvals or where there is one common employer, but there is no cohesive procedure in place yet.

NY state has more backlogs than any other state... but the so called LC/RIR Backlog Reduction Centers are to process the states which have less backlogs!!!!! :mad: :mad:

yes man, i also agree that NY is having lot of backlog cases
now see our fate, i dont know why it is playing with us like this..

i already posted this info in my previous post that all our cases will go to backlog centers now and it may take 2 years to get out of this jhamela

I really didn't want to throw a political spin to the already painful speculation and wait game of LC process, but can't resist.

It seems liek the Republican states are getting more attention and speediness in getting the immigration and naturalisation related push, and Democratic states keep getting pushed around and rear-ended.

is there anyway we can make sure that US DOL know our concerns
someone has to mail them once again, we started last nov 03 and no one really took initiative to send to all people

is it okay shall we start once again about that and try to send mails to all the members
maybe justwatching,ahalem,zamq,kohls can help us

Guys...

Yes, things are bad...but let's not create panic

And I'm not saying that there really is no reason for one, but we are all speculating...

Let's break it down and have a discussion..

2004 cases - under current processing times, would have taken about 3 years to process, they will get them in 2 (assuming backlog targets are met - based on staffing of centers, this seems a reasonable assumption) Conclusion: BETTER

2003 cases - under current processing times would take 2 years, under new plan, worst case scenario they will take 2 years perhaps even faster. Conclusion: NO DIFFERENCE

2002 cases - This is the group of cases that may be the most affected. They were hoping for 1 more year to get processed, it could potentially take 2 but that is the worst case scenario. Conclusion: COULD BE BAD

2001 cases - most likely to be processed at NY SWA and NY DOL because they will finish with them before NY cases are sent to backlog centers. Conclusion: NO DIFFERENCE.

As for the political aspect...

One, you are giving the government too much credit in their planning abilities.

Two, the proposed regions (II and III) to be addressed first could have been chosen based on volumes (Philly higher than NY) or proximity to Backlog Centers as well as proximity to PERM centers (one is in Atlanta)

As always, just my thoughts...

A little update on my case:
Sent to DOL - August 28, 2001
Forwarded to Regional Office - May 12, 2004
Certified - June 8, 2004
Hurray!!!!!!
Best of luck to all of you, guys and gals. I am moving to the next newsgroup. Ciao!
MNo

Status
Not open for further replies.