New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Labor approved.

Hi everyone

I had been a regular (silent :D ) reader of this forum. Firstly I want to say that this forum is wonderful and very helpful. Some of you have takern out so much time to make this forum so great and informative.

My details

PD: August 01, 2001
DOT code 030.167-014
RFE March 9, 2004
Moved to Regional March 24, 2004
Certified May 26, 2004

My Attorney responded to the RFE the same day can you guys believe it, I could'nt :D He said that the RFE was on a minor issue didn't give me anymore details.

Good luck to all of you still waiting on your Labor. Things are surely moving, just hold on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on Birth Certificates

I am expecting my Labor Application to be approved any time now.I have a question about the Birth Certificate Translation.

I have a Birth Certificate though it is in Marathi from a Hospital in Mumbai ,also I do have my School and College Leaving Certificates in English.

Where and how do I get my Birth Certificate translated here in the US ???

kp14 said:
I am expecting my Labor Application to be approved any time now.I have a question about the Birth Certificate Translation.

I have a Birth Certificate though it is in Marathi from a Hospital in Mumbai ,also I do have my School and College Leaving Certificates in English.

Where and how do I get my Birth Certificate translated here in the US ???

Please do not take my word for it - confirm it with you attorney, but here is what I know.

You can translate the certificate yourself as best and as accurately as you can. Then you can get it certified by anyone in US, who would vouch for the accuracey of the translation fropm one language to another. I think that person signs on saying that he/she knows both the languages and the translation is accurate. (you might have to Google for the correct wording etc.)

This was at least the case 3 years ago... with so many things having change in the geo-political sense, you might want to check it with your lawyer also.

congrats chappantikli
all the best for second and final stages
let us know r u filing concurrently or 140 first then 485?
its really nice to see that some of august 2001 cases are clearing their labors

RIR or Traditional from Atlanta or NY - EXPERTS HELP PLEASE

HI,
I am in a dilemma wheather to file my labor in a RIR category or Traditional from New York region. Given the present situation (where there are lay offs etc) could anyone of you advise me the best approach that I could take? I am thinking by going thru the RIR route, I could get my work permit within 1 1/2 yrs wheras thru traditional, chances look bleak.

I also have choice to apply from NC/Atlanta as well thru traditional approach. Let me know if this would be a better option than Atlanta.

Please feel to express your thoughts..I need all of your suggestions in making a good decision..

Thank you..

Meera55,
in NY now they are processing Aug 2001 for RIR and april 2001 for Non RIR
so just think how many days it may take to get 2004 cases if you file from NY
dont know about when PERM will come into effect

Hi Guys,

It has been long time , any news or updates from the DOL ? are they still processing Augest in the state level ?

You guys are not gonna believe -- but I just got that:

"...there is currently an extra 7 weeks delay on the US department of labor (regional level). The NY State Department computer was "down" for three weeks. (...)"

A computer? Down? What are we talking about here? ..a... PC?

That is sad.............. :-( :-( :( :mad: :( :confused: :mad:

DOL Math

jjsxbr said:

"...there is currently an extra 7 weeks delay on the US department of labor (regional level). The NY State Department computer was "down" for three weeks. (...)"

jjsxbr,

Does that mean a total delay of 7+3 weeks or is it 7 (3 inclusive) weeks for us New Yorkers ?

If it is 7(3 inclusive) then how did a 3 week delay in the SWA translate into a 7 week delay in the regional.

I wonder if they ever got around to fixing that dang PC ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mykan/jjsxbr,
Did they published or notified on any web site
regarding this Computer problems, could you please share with us !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
:confused:

Mykan said:
jjsxbr,

Does that mean a total delay of 7+3 weeks or is it 7 (3 inclusive) weeks for us New Yorkers ?

If it is 7(3 inclusive) then how did a 3 week delay in the SWA translate into a 7 week delay in the regional.

I wonder if they ever got around to fixing that dang PC ?

Thanks.

oooh man
what the hell is going on in NY Regional DOL.
my lawyer is not responding my mails or calls
so i dont know about my case details.
really bad luck for me

nivasch,

I do not know if it is published. My reply was in response to jjsxbr.

Kind of adds up because we have not heared of any cases moving from SWA to regional since Mike_Inus and that was around the 28th of April.

Thanks.

nivasch said:
Mykan/jjsxbr,
Did they published or notified on any web site
regarding this Computer problems, could you please share with us !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
:confused:

Thanks Mykan,
I bit curious, because my case moved from NJ to NY DOL on April 15th but posted as April 3oth ....

Thanks,

Mykan said:
nivasch,

I do not know if it is published. My reply was in response to jjsxbr.

Kind of adds up because we have not heared of any cases moving from SWA to regional since Mike_Inus and that was around the 28th of April.

Thanks.

jjsxbr said:

where did you got this information??

Status
Not open for further replies.