New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
waitlisted said:
My lawyer is so unfriendly. Sometimes, I think they don't tell the truth. She tells me that last time they received something from INS was 6 months back and they did not get anything is last 6 months. In AVM, the last case certified from DOL was on Feb 26. I wonder what do they want to convey.

If you are not paying the lawyer directly they won't be very responsive to you. Try to keep someone from your company in the loop - someone senior or in HR or something to get a faster response.

Just my 2 cents.

ahalem said:
I do not think the lawyer assign the EB level you will have , this is assigned by the Immigration itself

I think it's the lawyer or the attorneys who prepare and file your case and apply for LC who decide which category you fall into for the EB categories.

How long does it take to notify the lawyer once the LC is cleared ?
It looks like my case is certified yesterday ( not 100% sure, it is my case), just want to know when should I start bothering my company's immigration dept

disclosing employer info

I know that some of us (including myself) do not like the idea of disclosing employer name. But I think we can disclose other details of the employer without giving the name. This might help us studying the trend of LC approval/RFE/rejections etc.

e.g. To start with myself, I work for an big Financial Institute based in NYC with thousands of employees worldwide and atleaset few hundreds in the US. I dont know the trunover or profit but should be in millions. I know atleast 3 guys on the floor and our labor have been filed in Dec '01 or later.

We can create a column in that xls file and optionally add this info.

Do you think any more info should be useful?

dev10 said:
I know that some of us (including myself) do not like the idea of disclosing employer name. But I think we can disclose other details of the employer without giving the name. This might help us studying the trend of LC approval/RFE/rejections etc.

e.g. To start with myself, I work for an big Financial Institute based in NYC with thousands of employees worldwide and atleaset few hundreds in the US. I dont know the trunover or profit but should be in millions. I know atleast 3 guys on the floor and our labor have been filed in Dec '01 or later.

We can create a column in that xls file and optionally add this info.

Do you think any more info should be useful?

I have been always for that. I disclosed my company name as well check page 82 .

More cases moved to regional

I just checked with NY AVM system. There are 4 cases from my company moved to regional office on 05/12 and 05/13. The total number of cases moved to regional from March to May is 9 for my company.

My labor was filed in Oct 2001. But I am not exactly sure if my case is among those 9 or not.

quickmouse said:
I just checked with NY AVM system. There are 4 cases from my company moved to regional office on 05/12 and 05/13. The total number of cases moved to regional from March to May is 9 for my company.

My labor was filed in Oct 2001. But I am not exactly sure if my case is among those 9 or not.

contact your advocate.. and find out .. I heard that Oct 1 st week cases moved from NY state

My lawyer recived query. matching the tiles. before i had experience as a software engineer. the position title is systems analyst. they asked to euate the positions.
JustWatching can you advise me how to proceed with this query

recieved nof from NYDOL. psoition required 2 years experience. i had 4 months as systems analyst experience and rest as software engineer experience. they asked the question. i've seen this kind of posting in some threads long time back. now i couldn't find it. can you guys please advise me how i proceed with this.

gc0103 said:
My lawyer recived query. matching the tiles. before i had experience as a software engineer. the position title is systems analyst. they asked to euate the positions.
JustWatching can you advise me how to proceed with this query

gc0103 -

Sorry to hear your having problems with LC, especially after waiting for so long.

Remember I am not an attorney (not even close) so more than advise you, I give ideas and suggestions so please take them as such.

My ideas / suggestions follow:

1) Ask other lawyers, usvisanews.com and murthy.com have chat rooms scheduled every couple of weeks. Try them out to see what they think.

2) Based on what I have seen in the past, what you can do is take relevant experience as software engineer that can be leveraged as system analyst position and then time spent as software engineer counts.

3) You can try to go as far saying that titles are interchangeable and that your responsibilities as software engineer are the same as those as systems analyst. Try to match up job descriptions of previous role to new role.

4) This one may be a little too late but who knows, discuss with your lawyer. You could say that experience as a "software engineer" is a previous experience requirement to obtain the "systems analyst" position, making the "software engineer" experience relevant towards your "systems analyst" position.

Some thoughts that may help. Good luck.

Rajel said:
let's not be too optimistic, apprently they're still dealing with July... (may update just released) :
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

It is interesting that officially they are still working on July cases. Is it even possible that they are working on the next three months (I am refering to the suggestion that some OCT cases have moved to region level)

Last edited by a moderator:
need help

when I am trying to get the case status information from NY DOL (212-337-2193), there are two option are providing from automated message 1) Permit application and other option is 2) Labor condition.
Which one we need to select ??? to know that Labor moved from NJ Labor to NY Regional Office !!!!!!!

Rajel said:
let's not be too optimistic, apprently they're still dealing with July... (may update just released) :

NY SESA updated their voicmail (212 621 9330) twice (May and Aug) for the entire year of 2003. NY SESA deos not take effort to update status dates in a timely manner.

So I would not give too much thought about the web site showing a processing date of July 2001 when cases with PD of Aug and Sep are being received at NYDOL.

Probably it was left at July 2001 because no response was available from SESA.

I think that the excel spread sheet we are maintaining, eventhough very limited in sample size is a better indicator of what is happening at NY SESA and NY DOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.