New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i also agree that NY DOL are sending to Regional on 2 batches in 1 month

we have to be patient and sometimes they are giving NOF or RFE for more info , there we'll loose 1 more month

please come , participate and share with us.

new laws are coming up man, we have to be very careful, we dont know what will be going to happen to us

Re: Re: it is a matter of management

Originally posted by JustWatching
it's actually a matter of interpretation of law - law "dictates processing by date of receipt"

hi,

i agree with u that the law says the priority date is the main factor but u forgot something, which priority date u r talkin about? is it the national one in which they have to mix 300000 applications and sort them . i think this one is very confusing.

the second type of priority date will be upon lookin at the backlog quatnities and not the priority dates. dallas priority date is after the one of seattle although in seattle there is only like 2000 applications pending whereas in dallas there is like at least 20000. so the priority date in this case is nto relevant.

I am just wondering if any organization like AILA etc. has contacted Labor department to get some updates from them on their procedures as well as back log situation?

Re: Re: Re: it is a matter of management

Originally posted by antonioa77
hi,

i agree with u that the law says the priority date is the main factor but u forgot something, which priority date u r talkin about? is it the national one in which they have to mix 300000 applications and sort them . i think this one is very confusing.

the second type of priority date will be upon lookin at the backlog quatnities and not the priority dates. dallas priority date is after the one of seattle although in seattle there is only like 2000 applications pending whereas in dallas there is like at least 20000. so the priority date in this case is nto relevant.

I don't think we are saying anything different...as I said its "a matter of interpretation". You have just made different interpretations - who knows what interpretation they choose.

Once Case from my Company that got to NY Region on March 4th as been certified.

I don't if it is mine.
My Priority Date is Aug 7th 2001.

Originally posted by sp2004
Once Case from my Company that got to NY Region on March 4th as been certified.

I don't if it is mine.
My Priority Date is Aug 7th 2001.

Looking at above posts where some folks with PD of Sep 2001 also have gotten their's moved to Regional - it might very well be yours !

simple question

Gurus,
can anyone give me info.
its for my friend case, his company applied labor RIR/EB2 from NY on sept 2001 and NY state DOL did some filing mistake and his lawyer came to know about this and he is touch with NY DOL people.
lawyer is saying that his case will go to NY Regional DOL for final stage of his labor in 2 weeks

my question is is that NY Regional DOL people guys looks the PD or just take the date at which it receieved at NY Regional office
becoz there was a misket from NY state DOL guys.

please clarify my so that i can tell to my friend

Re: simple question

I believe they don't look at PD at regional DOL level. They assign cases based on the receiving date at regional office. However, each agent has different processing speed. Cases arriving there earlier are not necessarily processed faster than others.

Originally posted by verant123
Gurus,
can anyone give me info.
its for my friend case, his company applied labor RIR/EB2 from NY on sept 2001 and NY state DOL did some filing mistake and his lawyer came to know about this and he is touch with NY DOL people.
lawyer is saying that his case will go to NY Regional DOL for final stage of his labor in 2 weeks

my question is is that NY Regional DOL people guys looks the PD or just take the date at which it receieved at NY Regional office
becoz there was a misket from NY state DOL guys.

please clarify my so that i can tell to my friend

news

Guys, my labor got approved. PD 28th June 2001, EB3.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go from here. Should I file 140 and 485 together or 140 alone and then CP.

Re: news

Originally posted by araina77

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go from here. Should I file 140 and 485 together or 140 alone and then CP.

Congratulations!

I imagine that you want to apply as fast as possible, but -

I would suggest you wait for a month or so, at least wait to until May 6th, the next date for VSC processing times to see how they are going to deal with concurrent cases.

- if it looks like I-485s will get processed faster rather than I-140 slowing down to I-485 timelines you may want to file concurrently.

- I would also wait to see if non-concurrent I-140 cases continue to be processed - right now there doesn't seem to be a distinction in processing times between concurrent and non-concurrent. Lately VSC has been flying through I-140 approvals. If they continue at the same pace, you could see your I-140 processed in under 9 months. Then another 4-6 to get Consular Processing. 13-15 months to green card.

- You also need to think about your H-1B and when that expires. If you are close to your 6 year mark - it may just make more sense to apply concurrently so you can get EAD and AP rather than try to get 7th year extensions.

Again, good luck and congratulations.

Re: Re: news

I would add my 2 cents.

Keeping the H1B valid has it's own adbvatnages related to travel out-and-back to US. My co-worker has had her EAD renewed twice already and also keeps her H1B valid. Acc to her it gives her more flexibility to travel - when her EAD is gettiong renewed etc.

I am still waiting - PD 15th Dec 2001- so I can't comment on the exact need of keeping H1B in addition to the EAD. If your company pays for it - go for the 7th year extension also.

Originally posted by JustWatching
Congratulations!

I imagine that you want to apply as fast as possible, but -

I would suggest you wait for a month or so, at least wait to until May 6th, the next date for VSC processing times to see how they are going to deal with concurrent cases.

- if it looks like I-485s will get processed faster rather than I-140 slowing down to I-485 timelines you may want to file concurrently.

- I would also wait to see if non-concurrent I-140 cases continue to be processed - right now there doesn't seem to be a distinction in processing times between concurrent and non-concurrent. Lately VSC has been flying through I-140 approvals. If they continue at the same pace, you could see your I-140 processed in under 9 months. Then another 4-6 to get Consular Processing. 13-15 months to green card.

- You also need to think about your H-1B and when that expires. If you are close to your 6 year mark - it may just make more sense to apply concurrently so you can get EAD and AP rather than try to get 7th year extensions.

Again, good luck and congratulations.

araina77 , Congratulations this is great news, I wish to see you in the 485, 140 threads once I reach there too :)

JustWatching, since I know you have very good time lines estimation and both our cases in the same day :) , do you have estimate of when Labor will be cleared for the month of Nov

araina77,
Congratulations, Can you tell us when your case moved to dol and when it is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

Congratulations araina77,

It is so good to see approvals from NY Dept. of Labor.

araina77

That's Great News!

What I understand is that it's a tough decision because if the consulate turns you down that's it there is no appeal but then again I485 is taking sooo long.

has anyone ever heard of anyone having their GC turned down when going for cp?

I'm not a 100% sure if I understand how it works after labor cert. so if I may any incorrect statements here someone please correct me.

Also when did your case move to regional DOL?

It would help understand how long dol is taking

araina77

That's Great News!

What I understand is that it's a tough decision because if the consulate turns you down that's it there is no appeal ......but then again I485 is taking sooooooo..... long.

has anyone ever heard of anyone having their GC turned down when going for cp?

I'm not a 100% sure if I understand how it works after labor cert. so if I made any incorrect statements here someone please correct me.

Also when did your case move to regional DOL?

It would help understand how long dol is taking

Originally posted by ahalem
araina77 , Congratulations this is great news, I wish to see you in the 485, 140 threads once I reach there too :)

JustWatching, since I know you have very good time lines estimation and both our cases in the same day :) , do you have estimate of when Labor will be cleared for the month of Nov

Ahalem -

My guess is that our labor certifications will get moved to NY DOL (Regional) in the second half of June and get certified by the second half of August.

Good news...

Just got a word from my company's attorney today:

My LC have been transfered to regional, as of 03/17/04. PD is 07/03/01.

More details to follow - as soon as I have them

:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.