New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please add to tracker/birthcertificate

Originally posted by 2001aug
Hi,
I have been reading this forum for last few weeks.
Please add me to the tracker...
labor applied on aug 30, 2001 EB2 RIR from NY.
No news yet, also don't have any proof. A bit nervous.

Also i have a few questions...
1.) My birth certtificate has been issued long after my date of birth ( ~15 years after). The handwriting is worst, my fathers initials are there but not his fullname, there are lots of scribblings etc and Most important my lsatname has a typo, eventhough its pronounciation is same, there is a single letter instead of double..example "mennon" and messed up one is "menon"..
I know that i have to get an affidavit and i have two from my parents, But they are almost 2 years old and they are on a plain paper with all details and notarized in US.
Q1.1) Is my affidavit valid?
Q1.2) Can i include both - birthcertificate and 2 affidavits.
2.) My I140/I485 will be applied from VSC.
Want to know anticipated/expected/guess for processing time for
2.1) CP - I40 processing and then CP date..etc etc.
2.2.) Concurrent processing...I140 and I485?

I saw, VSC has aug 2002 for I140 for EB2? But again, I think people got their I140 and I485 cleared even they filed after aug 2002...Any comments?

Thanks in advance.

2001Aug,
I have same situation like you with my birth certificates, wrong spelling and all. I asked my lawyer and she says an affidavit is generally sufficient. They would look primarily on the passport for exact names. So I am planning to get an affidavit from my parents when it comes to I140/485. My labor PD is Feb2002. Dont know if anybody else have had any actual experience like this.

hi ,

I am a long time reader of this link, hope some one an put my info in the link too.

applied on 24th aug 2001
DOL 5th march 2004

the AVM system updated my info saying " Notice of finding is been issued on 28th april , response is due by 2nd june 2004" looks like a query is been issued. has to get info from lawyer when he gets the physical mail.

Congratulation! Re: news

Congratulation. Araina77.

I do not have much experience with I140 and I485. Here is my friend's case -- He filed currenct processing for I140 and I485 sometime around last Oct. His I-140 was approved in Apr. But he said his I485 will be another 2 years also.

By the way, can you please update your information on the spreadsheet? Thank you.

--QM

Originally posted by araina77
Guys, my labor got approved. PD 28th June 2001, EB3.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to go from here. Should I file 140 and 485 together or 140 alone and then CP.

Labor Approved by NY State

Guys,

GOOD NEWS!!!!

NY State is processing Labor applications received on September 2001.

Exactly after 31 months, my labor was approved by NY State.

NY State Labor Filed : 28th September 2001

NY State Approved : 28th April 2004

FYI, NY Regional DOL is processing applications received on Feb 2004. So I think it will take another 3 months to clear by Labor if everything goes smooth :)

Thanks
-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
congats mike_inus
all the best in 140/485
hope we'll see you in 140/485 forum

really good news in may month, atlast they are processing
keep it up and enjoy

Re: Labor Approved by NY State

Congratulation! Mike

I have one question -- when you say approved by state, do you mean your case got transfered from state level to regional level? Or do you mean your labor has been certified? Thanks.

--QM

Originally posted by mike_inus
Guys,

GOOD NEWS!!!!

NY State is processing Labor applications received on September 2001.

Exactly after 31 months, my labor was approved by NY State.

NY State Labor Filed : 28th September 2001

NY State Approved : 28th April 2004

FYI, NY Regional DOL is processing applications received on Feb 2004. So I think it will take another 3 months to clear by Labor if everything goes smooth :)

Thanks
-Mike

October Filers Now your turn .....

It seems NYSESA is done with end of Sept by the end of April

as per MIKE...

October filers.. now it's your turn...

here is updated tracker with latest approvals...

Re: Re: Labor Approved by NY State

My case was moved from NY STATE to NY Regional DOL

Thanks

Originally posted by quickmouse
Congratulation! Mike

I have one question -- when you say approved by state, do you mean your case got transfered from state level to regional level? Or do you mean your labor has been certified? Thanks.

--QM

question
is that all 251(i) cases moved from NYDOL to regional will also have to go thru this Regional
then how many days it will take to clear their labors from Regional??

Originally posted by verant123
question
is that all 251(i) cases moved from NYDOL to regional will also have to go thru this Regional
then how many days it will take to clear their labors from Regional??

245(i) cases do go through Regional and for the most part they have already gone through Regional as well.

NY SWA created the bottleneck, throughput to Regional did not increase (significantly) so processing times at Regional have been pretty consistent.

Based on high-level analysis, it seems it takes about 50-80 days to get through Regional - mostly around 60 days.

Thanks JustWatching for your input
how about 140/485 after may 6,2004
is this new law going to effect our cases once we get labor cleared?
is it going fast approvals or it will be very slow in the 140/485 process??

still confusing and my case is still in state only i think becoz when i checked AVM there are no cases from my company, my case filed in late aug 2001

still confusing and my case is still in state only i think becoz when i checked AVM there are no cases from my company, my case filed in late aug 2001

There may be RFE... check with your advocate about updates on your case...

my attorney is waste fellow becoz those guys are from one of the best in USA, i cant mail or talk to him directly , i have to go thru my HR, Hr is busy all the time.

life really sucks in my case, i am just waiting , i dont know when my turn comes to say that my labor has been approved from NY

Few comments -

1) Your case still in State, my guess is that NY SWA is processing months in parallel, e.g. August / September, so you may be seeing some September cases but not yours...gave it a little more time (not that you have any other choice)

2) Is I-140/I-485 making things faster or slower?
- a) it's not a new law, just procedure change
- b) who knows, but later this week we will know what date they are going to use as their start date - that will make a world of a difference on how long its going to take to process.
- c) I can't see how I-485 could get worse by doing this. I can only see I-140 getting worse

------ i) if I-140/I-485 takes longer than 6 months then you have lost the ability to use AC21 (ie can change jobs after 180 days of pending I-485).
------ ii) if I-140/I-1485 improve to match I-140 times today then we are pretty darn lucky.

justwatching, thanks for providing information

yes man, i have to wait for some more time for my case to move from state to regional.
its 140/485 takes less than 6 months then its really good for us, we waited for almost 3 years and still we didnt know our fate,
some guys from other states started their processing from dec 2002 and already in final stages, if you compare our status with them ,its very frustrating.

the new law says that they wont start 140 until we'll complete our finger prints..am i right?

justwatching, thanks for providing information

yes man, i have to wait for some more time for my case to move from state to regional.
its 140/485 takes less than 6 months then its really good for us, we waited for almost 3 years and still we didnt know our fate,
some guys from other states started their processing from dec 2002 and already in final stages, if you compare our status with them ,its very frustrating.

the new law says that they wont start 140 until we'll complete our finger prints..am i right?

Right, I-140 will not be processed until finger prints and security checks have been completed.

so pratically how many days it may take to get finger prints and security checks
once we file 140/485 ?

say suppose i started my 140/485 process on may 15,2004
approximate time??

Status
Not open for further replies.