New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
as per the site , we dont need to call NY dol and disturb them
we have to wait ,wait and wait..
we are doing the same thing from past 2 and half years...still wait...

RIR case lost in NY SESA

Hi I am posting this for a friend of mine...

My friend filed her RIR case in Sep 01. Recently her lawyer is doing her H-1 7th year extension, and requested case status from NY SESA. NY SESA told the lawyer that they can't find the case. The lawyer does have a signed Fedex receipt but NY SESA is saying that does not count.

Anybody has similar experince? Since NY SESA does not issue receipts, how can we make sure this will not happen?

Thanks a lot in advance!

How about the copies of the papers that the lawyer sent to NY SESA .... atleast they should help. - just a suggestion.

RIR case lost in NY SESA
Hi I am posting this for a friend of mine...

My friend filed her RIR case in Sep 01. Recently her lawyer is doing her H-1 7th year extension, and requested case status from NY SESA. NY SESA told the lawyer that they can't find the case. The lawyer does have a signed Fedex receipt but NY SESA is saying that does not count.

Anybody has similar experince? Since NY SESA does not issue receipts, how can we make sure this will not happen?

Thanks a lot in advance!

cindytong:

I am very sorry to hear that.

but while does it occur to the lawer that he/she want to locate the file at this point of time, since NY DOL has not reached application filed at that time frame(sep 01). Also I wonder whether any one in DOL will be so nice to search for file ahead of their schedule.

To me, it is suspicious, I seem to smell something wrong in the law office elsewhere.

Don't take me wrong, I just want your friend to cool down and think about that.

Originally posted by Robert8
cindytong:

I am very sorry to hear that.

but while does it occur to the lawer that he/she want to locate the file at this point of time, since NY DOL has not reached application filed at that time frame(sep 01). Also I wonder whether any one in DOL will be so nice to search for file ahead of their schedule.

To me, it is suspicious, I seem to smell something wrong in the law office elsewhere.

Don't take me wrong, I just want your friend to cool down and think about that.

Robert8 - I think you are confusing this even more, what cindytong is saying makes sense, if you want a 7th year extension you need to prove that LC application has been submitted. In my opinion nothing fishy with what the lawyer is trying to do.

Justwatching is right.

My lawyer needed proof to apply for 7th year extension and she did use a photocopy of the LC application.

Also like msd_gc suggested (and as per my lawyer), I think a photocopy of the application is the best proof that we applied for LC at the time we claimed we did.

Also it looks like there is a lot of delay in processing the 7th year extension. I applied for it in Sept. 2003 and am still waiting for it to be processed.

Regards.

Mykan

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Mykan
Justwatching is right.

My lawyer needed proof to apply for 7th year extension and she did use a photocopy of the LC application.

Also like msd_gc suggested (and as per my lawyer), I think a photocopy of the application is the best proof that we applied for LC at the time we claimed we did.

Also it looks like there is a lot of delay in processing the 7th year extension. I applied for it in Sept. 2003 and am still waiting for it to be processed.

Regards.

Mykan

when is your H1 6 year cap ending?
What is the time limit to apply for 7th year extension?
Is it completion of 6 years or atleast 6 months before ?

Case ack by NY DOL

My RIR was applied in Aug 2002. As I needed 7th yesr extension, I asked my attorney to ask the case number and pririty date from DOL. I am pleased to state that DOL responded back quickly (in three weeks) with the case number and priority date.

So, NY DOL actually does provide details of application if you ask them.

A Long Shot

Hi all,

Attached is a letter that I think we should fax to State and Regional Labor certification units for New York.

I know it is a long shot, and that it is unlikely that they will respond but at least it is worth a try.

Please send comments.

Also if you agree, a volunteer to fax the letter (I am at a client site most of the time and doubt they would appreciate me using their fax for this) and a volunteer to give a fax number or e-mail address where they can reply.

BTW, the phone numbers on the letter are fax numbers, PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM. The main point of this letter is to try to get more info so we can leave them alone and do their work.

justwatching,
this document is perfect to go to NY DOL and Regional offices
i am also in the client place . i cant also use the fax from my client place

please anyone take initiative and do this process ASAP.
so that we can get some reply for NY DOL and NY Regional

is that we have to give our signatures or any names in that documet???

gc999999999

My H1B 6th year cap ended in Nov. 2003

My lawyer applied for the 7th year extension when I had about 60 days for my H1B term to expire.

I think we continue to be in status if we have an application pending.

Regards

Mykan

Originally posted by zamq
justwatching,
this document is perfect to go to NY DOL and Regional offices
i am also in the client place . i cant also use the fax from my client place

please anyone take initiative and do this process ASAP.
so that we can get some reply for NY DOL and NY Regional

is that we have to give our signatures or any names in that documet???

I don't think we need to sign the document, we may want to give them a rough estimate of how many people come to this forum (which by the way I don't know because so many people only read but don't participate, ANDbefore I get beat up over that - there is nothing wrong with just being a reader....)

yes justwatching, i also thought about the same after i posted here
now its time from our side to send this document to those NY DOL and NY Regional.

http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

guys, its really good idea to send the later prepared by Justwatching . let us take one more day time before sending. if anybody have suggestions or changes, we can put it. as per above link we better to stop calling them and one of us can checkout once in a week.
we are pretty sure things are going forward and as per earlier messages right now they processing July 2001. also mostly dol site processing time will update in 2nd week.

Re: LABOR

congragulations to all who got the Labor approved.

Does anybody know about FLorida, I have filled it around August 2002.

Let me know, please.

Thanks,

labor

Hello all I am new to this forum.
I am working as a consultant. My employer agreed to apply for my GC in KY. I have given my papers to lawyer. He said he will apply for my labor in few days. I know this employer very well. But my project may end in 1 or 2 months.

I heard I can buy labor certificate if some one has it. I want to go for it. Since my project is uncertain.
Is it required to get one more H1 to apply for I140 & 485 if I get labor clearace form someone?

If you know some one who has labor clearance I am ready to pay.

Please help me in this.

Thanks
Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.