New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like NY regional office still working on Jan 2004. if it move to Feb 2004, June/July 2001 labers will get approve

is NY state on to july 2001 already

Budweisar, as your wrote above abt NY state processing july RIR cases , is that something definate or just a rumour cause i just called the ny state number to get processing time information and they still announce june 2001 for RIR.

I was only quoting Zamq and Kodak57. I myself have not confirmed this news yet. But, it seems like these guys did. Check out page 76.

You said you called up that number and they are still in June 01. I do not know what is going on at NY SESA.

-Budz

inderp you got confused
i told you that i spoke to them personally and NY DOL are processing now JULY 2001 cases

but when you called the number you called to NY SESA which is automated system
goto page 76 and take that number which i gave there and call them and ask personally .

its okay Budz, dont worry everything will be going on in correct way now i think after thay completed april 2001 cases

we have to wait and just hope that NY DOL will do processing very fast and Regional also

Zamq, you are correct. as per your information NY DOL is doing cases pretty fast. now only thing we have to consider about regional office. how long they take

NYdeal,
justwatching gave this info last week i think

hang in there buddy,we have to wait.i dont know when it will complete our labor process from NY DOL and Regional

Regional Times
I took a look at the NJ thread spreadsheet.

NJ being processed at the same regional site as NY.

Their processing times once it reached Regional vary from 25-70 days, mostly between 25-50. There were not very many dates to draw conclusions from but it should give us an indication.

Hang in there, I think we are going to have to be a little patient.

Does anybody know how cases get transferred from SWA to Regional? Is it an electronic transfer? or do they send actual hard copies?

I guess we will see initial results around mid-March.

http://www.mnllp.com/newnewsinfo.ht...3 PERM 2004

February 23, 20048 PERM (Program Electronic Management Review) System
President Bush signed into law an $820 billion Omnibus Spending Package that includes funding for the Labor Certification Application (LCA) program. Because the funding for the PERM LCA program has been finalized, the Department of Labor (DOL) can forward the PERM regulations to the OMB (Office of Management and Budget). The OMB oversees and coordinates the federal government's procurement, financial management, information, and regulatory policies. Once the OMB has the PERM regulations, it can take 90 days for review. Thereafter, the final PERM regulations will be published in the Federal Register, a compilation of regulations open for comment and review by the public. Once published, detailed substantive and procedural rules for PERM will become available. Even after publication, however, it appears that an additional 120 days will be required for the PERM to be implemented.

Report this post to a moderator | IP

PERM

Originally posted by ahalem
how would that impact our cases,would they move us to PREM or stay in RIR?

I guess the real answer is we don't know. Pretty sure is it would not be automatic. In the initial PERM documentation their was a provision to switch from RIR to PERM. Also, remember that is was more restrictive, so some of us may not be able to switch.

Based on the article it looks like it would be about October 2004 that PERM would come into effect.

I'm a Nov 2001 RIR and all I know is I really hope my case gets cleared before PERM goes into effect. Not only because I hope it will be before October but also because if we can't switch this is what is going to happen:

- Lots of people applying for PERM, they get approved in 21 days so before some of the people that have been waiting for RIRs to get approved.
- So DOL will open the flood gates of LCs but USCIS will not be equipped to handle the large influx of I-140 petitions creating a larger backlog.
- Basically, for those who cannot switch to PERM, PERM will make their lives worse.

Keep in mind this was based on how regulations were proposed so let's wait and see what they say now.

One of the big things in PERM was that you were not allowed to use work experience gained at the sponsoring employer. So for many of us that have been working for a company for several years (ie all of us that have been waiting for close to 3 years) we would not be able to use it.

So what does this mean? To me it means, once PERM comes out ditch your current employer, get a new one to submit your PERM and then you can use the 3 years of experience you have gained while waiting for your RIR to get approved.

Re: LABOUR APPROVED

Congratulations! Not to be picky, do you know what day in June?

Originally posted by SENTHIL MURUGESAN
:) Filed in NY RIR ON Jun 2001 , Sent to DOL on Dec 23 2003 ,certified on Feb 20 2004 . Wish you all good Luck.

Senthil

this is really a good news for NY Forum folks
hang on guys, we also get out labors approved

you see they already cleared june cases now we have to look for july also..
hope everything will be good for us

congrats senthil, all the best in 140/485

NY folks
its seems that NY Regional is taking 45 to 2 months as per senthil case.
he told us they sent his labor to NY regional DOL on dec 23 and cleared on feb 20 means 2 months

so we have to still wait 2 more months if our cases sent to NY regional today.
so as per my case mine is aug 3 rd week.so i have to wait 3 more months to get my labor cleared.

ahalem,justwatching any thoughts?

Re: PERM

Lets hope our cases get processed beofre the PREM massed things up , thanks for the great comments " as you alway do...."

Originally posted by JustWatching
I guess the real answer is we don't know. Pretty sure is it would not be automatic. In the initial PERM documentation their was a provision to switch from RIR to PERM. Also, remember that is was more restrictive, so some of us may not be able to switch.

Based on the article it looks like it would be about October 2004 that PERM would come into effect.

I'm a Nov 2001 RIR and all I know is I really hope my case gets cleared before PERM goes into effect. Not only because I hope it will be before October but also because if we can't switch this is what is going to happen:

- Lots of people applying for PERM, they get approved in 21 days so before some of the people that have been waiting for RIRs to get approved.
- So DOL will open the flood gates of LCs but USCIS will not be equipped to handle the large influx of I-140 petitions creating a larger backlog.
- Basically, for those who cannot switch to PERM, PERM will make their lives worse.

Keep in mind this was based on how regulations were proposed so let's wait and see what they say now.

One of the big things in PERM was that you were not allowed to use work experience gained at the sponsoring employer. So for many of us that have been working for a company for several years (ie all of us that have been waiting for close to 3 years) we would not be able to use it.

So what does this mean? To me it means, once PERM comes out ditch your current employer, get a new one to submit your PERM and then you can use the 3 years of experience you have gained while waiting for your RIR to get approved.

One thought

Per your post, Feb 2 was the first day we got confirmation that they were processing May 2001 cases, however....

SENTHIL MURUGESAN case is from mid-June and it was transfered to DOL 12/23/2003 which means they were processing some May/June cases at the end of last year...(or SENTHIL MURUGESAN is very lucky!)....

which means some of the May cases on this forum may have been transfered to DOL before the beginning of the month....

So NYDeal and ny-quant, if the automated system for regional is up March 1st as the website says, I would call Monday morning!!!

If anybody else knows of cases in their companies filed in May/June please call the automated number (212-337-2193) on Monday - you can check status by your company's phone number.

SENTHIL MURUGESAN - if you are still around (which we hope you will be...) could you check status of your RIR on Monday. This way we will know if the automated system is really up and running.

Stay tuned everyone!

Originally posted by zamq
NY folks
its seems that NY Regional is taking 45 to 2 months as per senthil case.
he told us they sent his labor to NY regional DOL on dec 23 and cleared on feb 20 means 2 months

so we have to still wait 2 more months if our cases sent to NY regional today.
so as per my case mine is aug 3 rd week.so i have to wait 3 more months to get my labor cleared.

ahalem,justwatching any thoughts?

2nd thought

If 2nd week June 2001 laber moved to regional on Dec 23th 2003 means, they should be finished July/Aug 2001 labers also by this time and it might be moved to Regional.

Status
Not open for further replies.