New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NYdeal
is there anyway to findout May/ June 2001 labers moved to regional offices or not ?? or is it possible to findout status in regional office ??

NYDeal -

From my previous post....

Originally posted by JustWatching
ny-quant and nydeal -

Can you call 212-337-2193, enter the company phone number that was used on your ETA form, see if you get status on your case.

You may need to "scroll" through multiple cases.

Let us know.

But...on the DOL website it says the number will be down until Feb 28. I would try anyway.

ny-quant,
let us know once you get any info from ur lawyer.

we have to just wait and see if there are any may/june 2001 cases cleared but from regional NY to clear it may take minimum 1 month.

we just hope that this time NY SESA and Regional people will clear our cases very fast.

How many cases?

Is there any rough figure of labor cases pending at NYC on RIR/NON RIR in remaining 2001 periodie., up to jan 2002.,
Thanks

NYDeal -

From my previous post....

ny-quant and nydeal -

Can you call 212-337-2193, enter the company phone number that was used on your ETA form, see if you get status on your case.

You may need to "scroll" through multiple cases.

Let us know.

But...on the DOL website it says the number will be down until Feb 28. I would try anyway.

I know my company has a few cases of May the phone information system still doesnt show any of those cases as approved or being processed. I too call that number anyway.. eventho I sound desparate to myself but still who cares

May to June and now to July....so faaaaasst!

People...

I have a question. Last week we got the news that NY SESA moved to June 2001. Within a weeks' time, now, they claim that the processing for July'2001 has begun. I don't understand the reason behind this all-of-a-sudden-efficiency.

Or is it so, becasue last year they started processing May/ June'01 on a pilot basis, completed processing partially and then moved back to April'01. Now, when they officially started processing June RIR'01, there were very few applications left from these 2 months, and hence, got over quickly.

Can someone please shade some light on this?

Thanks, Budz

yes, what you pointed out is correct budz,
may be that's why they processed the RIR cases very fast
but we didnt get any info from anyone that their labor has been cleared from may/june 2001, may be its in the regional office.
now those regional guys has to step up and do work
those guys dont have work from past 2 years .now they have to start process very fast.

hope you'll hear good news from our guys soon

Originally posted by zamq
yes, what you pointed out is correct budz,
may be that's why they processed the RIR cases very fast
but we didnt get any info from anyone that their labor has been cleared from may/june 2001, may be its in the regional office.
now those regional guys has to step up and do work
those guys dont have work from past 2 years .now they have to start process very fast.

hope you'll hear good news from our guys soon
NJ & NY are both friends
NJ stops, NY Starts. NY stops, NJ Starts. Guess who is next to stop.

Guys,

Correction: The regional DOL team were working in the last two years to approve all cases sent from the NY office, I mean the 254i and NJ cases for the month of April.

In most of the other area the regional office has delay more then few months , so we considered lucky :) , just in this part of the LCA.

As far as I can see , we are only 35 registered in the Tracker and I am pretty sure many others getting the approval by now but not in contact with this forum.

ahalem,
you mean to say that NY regional wont take much time to clear our cases??
i dont think so.

its correct that we have only 36 registered people rightnow in our forum . NY Folks please let us know if any of your friends got labor cleared from may/june 2001 from NY

it helps a lot and give soem confidence that work is going on as of now

Assur,
dont worry man this time if NY start, it wont stop until we all get cleared.ha..ha..ha..ha..

Does Master's degree make a difference?

I was going thru the Excel sheet posted here, and noticed that all the may- june 2001 cases approved in the sheet are 'MS + Experience' . So is Master's degree given a priority ? Did anyone notice it too ?

jani2711,
as per those who already got labor cleared in may/june 2001 from excel sheet..it happened last year itself.

but now we dont have any info after they completed april 2001 cases.
if they give priority for masters then many people will be cleared from our forum.

Other Numbers

If anyone wants to try them

From DOL website:

For information concerning Regional Office labor certification case processing times, call our status line at 212-337-2193. You may also call 212-337-2184 or 2185. Please call from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon, Monday, Wednesday, or Friday and someone will be available to speak with you. These are the only telephone numbers that should be called regarding Foreign Labor Certification matters.

Regional Times

I took a look at the NJ thread spreadsheet.

NJ being processed at the same regional site as NY.

Their processing times once it reached Regional vary from 25-70 days, mostly between 25-50. There were not very many dates to draw conclusions from but it should give us an indication.

Hang in there, I think we are going to have to be a little patient.

Does anybody know how cases get transferred from SWA to Regional? Is it an electronic transfer? or do they send actual hard copies?

I guess we will see initial results around mid-March.

212-337-2184

This is the number to call and talk to some one as per DOL website, you can find out if your case is moved to Regional or not or is it being processed or is it cleared butttttttt its only for employer or the lawer and not for the candidate to call.
I have called this number in the past and I was told that they cant give me the information on my case and I should ask my lawyer to call them. (Dont know why ? ) .

But they do give out that kind of information to your lawyer or representative of the company who had filed the LC for u.

story continued...

Well, I received the clarification for the lawyer -- and it turns out that nothing happened yet on my case. At all. What's so "complicated" about this - I have no idea.

According to him, this is a good sign, since it means the case was silently transferred to regional (if SWA REALLY finished all May 2001 cases, which I have no proof to).

I will keep you posted, guys.

-N.

Status
Not open for further replies.