New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes ahalem..i am also thinking the same as you man..
we wont have good news this year...

but for us going to I 140/485 ..first of all we have to get out of this LCA...we'll go man..dont worry but still some more time ....

hope new year 2004 will bring all good news for our NY folks who filed their LCAs in 2001....

7 year ext.

Just wondering, what does the Immigration need as proof of Labor application pending, since NY Labor does not provide with any notice letters as in INS?

yes exactly man..
suppose if we are also in the same situation as NJ folks then its difficult to drive man..
but my neighbour got labor cleared and he got query in 140..but he completed his 6th year and got 7th extension also..he didnt had any problem with DMV...

NY LC proof

Hi ahalem,

You can use the copy of the certified mail that was delivered to the NY DOL. I used the same in toronto where he gave me the renewal which will allow me to stay for the 7th year too. But I had to tell him that NY DOL does not send receipts and this is the only proof every one has.

Hope this helps.

hmmm , what if the lawyer did not use certified mail ? even if we have it , would that be sold proof to the immigration ?

NY Folks
did anyone got labor cleared from NY DOL from may 2001????
please let us know...

NY Folks
did anyone got labor cleared from NY DOL from may 2001????
please let us know...

===========================================
you will hear the good news after June 2004.

Till that time Merry Christmas and Happy new year...

Why it will be June 04

Because the Lady at SESA said it may be April or May 04. Add one more month to their estimate...

they still have around 9000 cases(5 File Cabinets) pending from April 30th...

just hang on guys 6 more months to go.... at the Max. Hope it is early

Bid

Originally posted by Akhand
Does anyone know what happened to the outsourcing contract bid which was due in Dec. ?

I believe they have 60 days to review proposals so I wouldn't expect to see anything until late Jan, early Feb.

After the contract is awarded the winning company has 60 days to be up and running

my understanding

Hi everyone,
my LC was filed Oct 11th 2001 (RIR). Since then, it's still the same story (sect 245i loves april 2001).

My facts are these :
- I get processing times from this website : http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
which means that RIR cases are still stuck in apr 2001.
- This phone # (212) 621-9330 hasn't been updated since aug 2003
- some people that filed in may01 under RIR have already been approved (I only heard of them in this forum. I'm not being skeptic but simply precise as to where the info is coming from)
- As of last week, my lawyer hasn't heard of any news regarding LC backlogs.

I personally think (hope ?) that 2004 will be the year where all this backlog clears up, mainly because :
- the past 7 months have seen jobless claims trend considerably lower
- this is an election year, and even though non-residents can't vote, past presidential campains have always had a supportive speach towards immigration issues.

Let's keep a positive attitude and hope for a clearer situation for all of us.

did anyone read the news in cnn or any other places about bush's program?

Its kind a sucks as they are once again going to allow the illegals for legalzing that is gonna hurt our hips.

Thanks just watching. they have realeased the backlog reduction final statement. Let us hope things will be implemented in march.

Originally posted by cubiclefun
did anyone read the news in cnn or any other places about bush's program?

Its kind a sucks as they are once again going to allow the illegals for legalzing that is gonna hurt our hips.

Thanks just watching. they have realeased the backlog reduction final statement. Let us hope things will be implemented in march.

Well it sucked when the pack of illegals preceded us and made us wait so long. But another pack behind us won't matter, cause we're still ahead of them. Moreover, this new pack will add pressure to the system, to force the Labor Dept to accelerate their procedures.

Not exactly the most constructive comment...

In any case, the program that Bush is proposing is for temporary visas and does not grant permanent residence.

Originally posted by Captain Sparrow
Well it sucked when the pack of illegals preceded us and made us wait so long. But another pack behind us won't matter, cause we're still ahead of them. Moreover, this new pack will add pressure to the system, to force the Labor Dept to accelerate their procedures.

news

Hi,

I spoke to the lady in the NY labor dept. She said the april 30th will be done in 1 to 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.