New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go -- so if it is one or two months means --- either in Feb or in March we would have the happy news

hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray
hip hip hooray

Re: news

Originally posted by araina77
Hi,

I spoke to the lady in the NY labor dept. She said the april 30th will be done in 1 to 2 months.

Common ariana77, half a year ago we heard from them that the April backlog will be cleared by end of 2003 year...

I have another info - this backlog MAY BE cleared by end of this year.
Would you like to know why? Because they never inform publicity how many cases are processed per month and how much remain.

You may find in Internet that lawyers estimate the total waiting time as three or more years for LC in NY state. For example, if your PD is May 2001, you can expect first response at the middle of coming summer.

Officially total backlog (more 300,000 apps in country) can be cleared in two years if additional funds are granted. Unfortunately April cases are major part of the backlog and we need to wait significantly more than it was expected.

Please do not trust "ladies" from NY DOL. They always mislead us by rumors.

Guys, I am sorry for negative news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: news

Originally posted by Oberton
Common ariana77, half a year ago we heard from them that the April backlog will be cleared by end of 2003 year...

I have another info - this backlog MAY BE cleared by end of this year.
Would you like to know why? Because they never inform publicity how many cases are processed per month and how much remain.

You may find in Internet that lawyers estimate the total waiting time as three or more years for LC in NY state. For example, if your PD is May 2001, you can expect first response at the middle of coming summer.

Officially total backlog (more 300,000 apps in country) can be cleared in two years if additional funds are granted. Unfortunately April cases are major part of the backlog and we need to wait significantly more than it was expected.

Please do not trust "ladies" from NY DOL. They always mislead us by rumors.

Guys, I am sorry for negative news.

Oberton -

ok, Let's try your rumors - 300,000 backlogs, most of them are NOT April cases anymore - NY is the biggest April backlog and they have under 10,000 cases left (5-6 other states left with April 2001)

National backlog centers are being put into place.

BTW, NY processes approximately 1,500 cases per month. Per PWC case study

In NY, not including April 2001 cases, the remainder of 2001 is approximately 15,000 cases.

As for NY SWA missing its end of 2003 deadline, think about it, they have been working on April 2001 cases for a little over 24 months - if they miss their estimate by 4-5 months, you are talking about a miscalculation of about 20% - for inconsistent paperwork that is probably not that bad.

Furthermore, at the beginning of 2003 they estimated 1 more year (ie end of 2003), towards the end of 2003 they estimated six more months (ie April 2004), beginning of 2004 they are estimating 2 more months (ie March)...so will it be in the March-May 2004 timeframe...probably.

We have waited for 2+years,

- they are implementing baclog reduction centers
- they have provided new guidelines to process cases faster

I know its frustrating but if anyone of you is involved in operations of this magnitude you need to understand that things cannot get turned around in a day.

Congratulations to all of you who have been able to hold on to your jobs during these 2 years.

is it real araina77..
then its really good news for those who are holding their jobs man

its tough but may be this new year we'll have some good news...

we have to just wait ans see man...
keep on waiting....

Re: Re: Re: news

Originally posted by JustWatching
Oberton -

ok, Let's try your rumors - 300,000 backlogs, most of them are NOT April cases anymore - NY is the biggest April backlog and they have under 10,000 cases left (5-6 other states left with April 2001)

BTW, NY processes approximately 1,500 cases per month. Per PWC case study

In NY, not including April 2001 cases, the remainder of 2001 is approximately 15,000 cases.

JustWatching-

I have another numbers:
http://www.house.gov/velazquez/PressReleases/2003/PR031003.
htm

According to this document NY DOL foreign labor unit processes 13,000 cases per year or aproximately 1,100 per month.
In the next source
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=505&intPage=23 you can find, that "There was a backlog of over 53,000 applications at the state office (NY) as of December 31, 2001. Over 38,000 of these were filed before the 245(i) deadline of April 30, 2001"

38,000 cases, filled under 245(i), were in April 2001 backlog!

38,000/1,100 = 34.5 months or almost 3 years we need to wait from December 31, 2001.

It means they can clear the April 2001 backlog on the END of this year.

If you are right, having 10,000 cases left in the backlog, it is needed 9 month from this moment to process all of them and we have almost the same result - end of this fiscal year.

I do not see any reason why it can be faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: news

Originally posted by Oberton
JustWatching-

I have another numbers:
http://www.house.gov/velazquez/PressReleases/2003/PR031003.
htm

According to this document NY DOL foreign labor unit processes 13,000 cases per year or aproximately 1,100 per month.
In the next source
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=505&intPage=23 you can find, that "There was a backlog of over 53,000 applications at the state office (NY) as of December 31, 2001. Over 38,000 of these were filed before the 245(i) deadline of April 30, 2001"

38,000 cases, filled under 245(i), were in April 2001 backlog!

38,000/1,100 = 34.5 months or almost 3 years we need to wait from December 31, 2001.

It means they can clear the April 2001 backlog on the END of this year.

If you are right, having 10,000 cases left in the backlog, it is needed 9 month from this moment to process all of them and we have almost the same result - end of this fiscal year.

I do not see any reason why it can be faster.

The Velazquez article you are quoting refers to the regional office not the state office, the reason they process less than the state office is because not all cases get sent from state to regional, some get denied/withdrawn.

You are right as of Decemeber 31, 2001 there were 53,000 backlog (38,000 April and the rest 15,000 May - Dec 2001) Using the 1,500 cases/month (ie the state number not the regional number) 38,000 / 15,000 = 25 months i.e. February 2004.

The 10,000 (which by the way I went high-end) would be six months (again using the state number not the regional number), this number was quoted back in early November, so they would be done in April 2004.

How much time

Guys !!

It does not matter how many cases were filed and when now because we have seen the long wait.

December when I called NYSESA, the lady said they have 5 file cabinets of pending cases.

I called this evening and there are 4 file cabinets still remaining.

in 25 days they cleared one cabinet so if they will work as professionals they MAY clear by March -04 else hey we are very good at waiting and we can wait more.

So any one calls NY SESA please ask

" HOW MANY FILE CABINETS are STILL REMAINING".

This will give an estimate of the time !!

Making time pass

Just having a little debate for the entertainment of everyone on this forum.

How many cases per cabinet...just kidding...

I see this as the only hope to get labor done in sometime this year. Mine is feb 2002.

Hello Guys,

I was really missing this fourm for long time, DID the National backlog centers really start to work ? where did you get this news from ?

Not in place yet. Probably March-April

They are reviewing RFP responses and having interviews right now.

Originally posted by ahalem
Hello Guys,

I was really missing this fourm for long time, DID the National backlog centers really start to work ? where did you get this news from ?

Question

I have applied for my lablor in NY, I havent got any response, its more than 2 years, i know there are lot of people applied before me are waiting.

I am planning to switch my company from A to B, But B does not have a office in KANSAS, but i found that Kansas SESA is current, Can i apply at KANSAS, but my company has a office at Illinoi Chicago, which is the Region for Kansas. Please Clarify.

thanks

I had the same situation 2 years ago since my company have branch in PA , but the lawyer reject that saying I have to file from where I currently work which is NY and not from different state

If you check the link below: Illinois is processing 8/2003 and in Fed level Chicago office in 10/2003 , in all cases, its much better then NY , Good luck....

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/sesa.html

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, But let me rephrase my question, I know that as far as the books, we cannot do it, but have you comeacross anyone who has done it like that,

Eventhough they dont have a office in that SESA place, can you apply SESA.

Let me know

Thanks

Hope for Backlog Center

Since we can't do anything but wait...some thoughts for your entertainment.

I just wanted to pass along some estimates (yes, a few more estimates)

According to PWC's study, an examiner processes 426/cases per year.

Each of the backlog centers will staff 100 examiners.

There are 54 areas (all states, DC, Pennsylvania has 3 sections and Guam).

This is their status (per DOL website as of December)
4 April 2001 (although I think NJ is wrong, so its probably 3)
3 others in 2001
9 in 2002
the rest in 2003.

So for our sake, assume one of the backlog centers will be dedicated to us (THIS IS A BIG ASSUMPTION) since our cases are the oldest. I assume the numbers for the other April 2001 states are low since I was not able to find any Trackers for them.

I am also assuming that by the time the backlog center is up and running NY SWA will be done with 245(i) cases.

Let's assume they finish 245(i) case by April 2004 and Backlog centers begin operating by May 1, 2004.

Using the rates above the backlog center would process the remaining of 2001 in 4 months or September 1st, 2004.

BTW, the other good thing about the backlog centers is that they will do both the SWA and regional functions so in theory this will reduce processing as well.

Just Watching, Great Job as you always do , I hope these numbers become true ,
all my worries that May pass with out having this centers open specially its the election year and no body care

Status
Not open for further replies.