New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manand, others,
Any update on the contracting implementation, or "CAP" implementation? Is this going to be implemented in Oct? If it is, what do you guys think about their starting actual processing from day 1?

Akhand, sorry, I don't have any news. I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything. Anyway, DOL is working hard on the backlogs. Let's hope it won't take too long.

Hi mananD,
How did you know that DOL is working hard in the backlog, did you have any contact with them lately , did they mention any deadlines ?
thanks in advance

I haven't called NY SWA recently. I spoke to them a couple of times back in March this year. They said they work overtimes, transfer staffs inside to work on LCs. They request $ and get some millions(I don't recall the exact number) for DOLs of all states, starting from 2004 fisical year (Oct/2003). NY SWA separated professional from others, but unfortunately (fortunately for some guys) they stopped doing that. I didn't hear any deadlines.

Some people in this thread called NY SWA recently and they said 245i will be cleared at the end of this year. Sounds to me a reasonable time frame.

It's a long waiting, tough to us. What we can do are very limited. Pray and hope for the best.

Originally posted by ahalem
Hi mananD,
How did you know that DOL is working hard in the backlog, did you have any contact with them lately , did they mention any deadlines ?
thanks in advance

sasuli,

It's hard to say. My guess is they can clear at least two months LCs every month after 245i, maybe even faster. if you want to estimate when they will reach your case, you need take into account many factors:
1. when will 245i be cleraed? (end of this year)
2. how fast after 245i? (at least 2 month cases/month)
3. how will the out-sourcing help? (nobody knows)
4. how PERM will help (nobody knows)
5. will NY DOL act like CA DOL?
6. ...

The most important thing is you cannot make any decision based on this estimation. NY SWA even doesn't know.

Originally posted by sasuli
hi manand, do you have any guess at how fast the processing will be,once SESA is thru with 245i??

-S

ManamD ,
Is that what you refering to in item number 5 with the CA DOL ?

I found this info in CA thread :
---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dolupd080803.html

DOL Updates - 09/08/03

Problems in DOL Region VI has arisen with actions on pending Reduction in Recuritment (RIR) applications. Several discussions about RIR applications particularly those filed in mid-2001 are now being reviewed in Region VI and many of which are being returned to the State Offices as RIR denials for traditional recruitment. These discussions has focused on how these applications should be processed, the significance of the Ziegler memo and the standards that should be applied.

On July 16, 2003, Bill Carlson, the new Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, and Harry Sheinfeld, the DOL Solicitor, traveled to California for a first hand look at the situation and at the various interests involved. They gathered information on what was actually happening with these applications and to brainstorm on various approaches to processing that might avoid moving the applications into the State Office backlogs for traditional recruitment. There was sensitivity expressed to causing the least harm to the employers who relied on RIR processing guidelines in good faith at the time they filed their applications, while protecting U.S. workers and considering backlog reduction plans.

Region VI has now halted its remands to the state office, while DOL undertakes a policy review.

NY Sesa has updated their phone message. (212-621-9330)
They are saying that they are processing April 30th and will be
processing it for several months more. Let's hope for the best !

I would think its a good (?) news. Atleast now we confirm , they are processing April 30th cases.

Now the phone message is saying next several months . I would think serveral=3.

what do you think?

Yes, I agree... best case is 3 months, if it was 2 months, they would have said couple months.... I still hope God re-energize them and they start working at double/triple the pace ...

I spoke to the labor yesterday and they said they will be done with april 30th by the end of the year. My personal guess is about 2-3 more months as they always give a higher number on the phone so that people don't call often.

They started processing april 30th about 10 days back.

Thanks

And what is your guess about how fast they would go after April 2001 is finally cleared ? There were some comments that Sep 2001 also saw big number of applicants.... does anyone know how is that gonna effect ?

what does make Sept 2001 another big stopper for this process ?

I am really getting annoyed by this process specially when you look to other states....

Another meaning for 'several'

It is funny and a little bit sad..that we need to discuss the meaning of several.

At the end I agree...and wish..that 'end of the year' (i.e. 4 months) is probably what they mean.

In the end, I think 'several' is really an ambiguous enough word that if they go into next year, they did not commit to anything specific.

Good luck to everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.