New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Oberton
Hi everyone,

This thread sounds "bad news" rather than "good news".

NY DOL does NOTHING to speed up the process. Do not dream they move from April01 this year...

Oh, yeah. Like I once said, the name of this thread is misleading and ironic.

Yes, please change the Title.... to at least say 'NY Stuck on April 2001' (oops... I was dreaming... )

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I understood, all it says there will be more regulations and restrictions from the labor department to approve H1B cases (not the LC cases), to guarantee that the H1B employer is not exchanging US citizen with H1B employee , I do not see that effecting an existing H1B visa holder.

we should stop getting worrys from every news or regulation the gov. post

Originally posted by h1trk2
Can you guys please explain it what does that mean? i did not get anything from that site.

did you guys hear from Mr Rajiv Khanna office about the letter ... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Petition

yes i think Meg_z was suppose to get some answers from Mr Khanna.

Originally posted by meg_z
I have not received any updates from Mr. Khanna or his staff. I assumed that they would set up some sort of petition form as they did for many issues.

I think we should start write our own letter expressing our long long wait. Effective or not, it is better than idling. I am very busy at work recently. It would be highly appreciated if anybody wants to initiate a draft. Thanks.

I really want to know if I should be looking at some other state for my GC process. I filed in NY in Dec 2001, nad I have only 1 year and 5 months remaining on my H1...

job safety

Mine was also filed in Dec 2001.

I have a basic question for all: If my labor goes thru in next August (that's the best guess I can make right now!) and I file 140 and 485 after that(I hope I can do it) then after how much time can I consider myself as safe in case I'm laid off. Am I safe immediately after filing 140/485? Someone told me that I should consider myself as safe ONLY after I get EAD. If that's true, any idea how much time it takes to get an EAD in NY?

Anyone faced this kind of issue?

Thanks in advance

dev10,

This is what I know. You can file 140 and 485 together. You get your EAD in about 3 months after filing 485. I think you can change your current employer 180 days after you file for your 485.

Hope this helps.

yes ,

araina77 is correct. You can change your employer but with same or similar job requirements 180 days after filing 485. This is called as AC21 law. You can read about that to get more details,

Good luck.

180 days after 1-485 without 140 approval?

Hi,
I am new and I want to know. Is it possible to switch jobs 180 days after filing I-485 without I-140 approval?

The 180 days is not related to the approval process as far as I know, but generally that will not be good in all cases :)

AC21

With the information currently available, AC21 can be used after 180 days of filing of I-485 in cases where I-140 is already approved.

If it is a concurrent filing(I-140 + I-485) it has been indicated that AC21 can be only used once the I-140 is approved, and 180 days have lapsed since the filing of I-485.

Check out www.murthy.com

nice to keep this thread alive by atleast talking about 140/485 issues.

;)

God , please bring the NY labor out of april 2001!!!!!

Imagine how nice it is going to be chasing the approvals instead of just sleeping april 2001?

Very True, Its very good to keep this thread live , even for 140 issues , by the way I applied to labor in Nov 2001 , i think once a day once all of us got the apporval , we should to go for drink , cheers to the labor dept :)

Status
Not open for further replies.