New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx

Thanks to all for replying my question.....We should keep posting on 140/485 till the labor pain is out of April.

You guys are all in 2001. Where should I go.... I am August 2002.
My guesstimate is that after April 2001, they should clear 2 months in a months time. May is half done, June has already begun on pilot batch. So, for me I think it should take atleast 8 months after April 2001.

Also, do not forget, elections are approaching. These politicians talk big this time, getting rid of H1 and all that BS. But, remember all the financial backing comes from big companies and they need foregin talent. So, don't unnecessarily worry about that.

It is a common experience that during the election year, all the backlogs get cleared pretty fast. Because, new government means new policies, shuffling of big posts in big departments. Backlogs tend to taper off during such times.

Keep faith. Everything will be alright soon... just a matter of few more months.

-S

Hi,

I just spoke to a person in labor dept. She said they are working on the april 30th cases now. I asked her how much time it would take them to finish april 30th and she said till christmas this year. I also asked her how big is april 30th in comparison to april 27th and she said about 3 to 4 times. What I don't understand if 27th april took less than a month (I think), why should april 30th take 5 months.

Any comments??

araina77, Thanks!

I think it took more than a month to clear April 27th.
Hopefully, DOL outsourcing will help soon.

Any GC sponcerers??

I am in US from past 5 years working in SAP.
Any GC sponcerers. from below states:

New Hampshire
Maine
Vermont
West Virginia
IOWA

Thanks.

araina77 Thanks,

Are we sure they started processing April 30th ? If that is for sure , Folks - we are in good shape.

Let us keep praying to move the April 30 Faster to get into May 2001.

araina77 - Thanks for getting this info from labor department.

Once we get into May , this is going to be very active as our friends will start getting approvals.

Originally posted by mananD
araina77, Thanks!

I think it took more than a month to clear April 27th.
Hopefully, DOL outsourcing will help soon.

Can you explain what do you mean by "DOL outsourcing"? Are they going to transfer to other states? or can you provide the link for the information.

Thanks,

how many states are still in april 2001?

How many states are still in April 2001? I know only New York and California ? Any other states with same issue?

Thanks,

Here you go.

DOL did the pilot at the beginning of this year. That's why we saw some May/June/2001 cases. In June DOL was looking for companies to help processing LC. I believe it will start in Oct. this year(government fiscal year start).

Originally posted by ahalem
is that what you mean , it looks like Project management more then contractors? :

==============================

Based on PWC's study to reduce the backlog
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/PwCFinalReport.asp
DOL has accepted the tenders to reduce the backlog.
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp.asp

Does anyone know the start date of this effort?

I know that the pilot was carried out at MD with CAPS concept.
http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.pdf
And it was decided to proccess all the apps with regioanl & state at one place. Whats the implementation date for this one? Does anyone know about it?

Mannan,
This is new to me but real good news. But when I looked at the Project plan ( ms access) - After deciding the vendor it takes 6 months to completely transfer the process to the third party vendor.

Can you please let me know if you know -

- I know the RFP process has begun and vendors must have started bidding

- Have they decided the vendor ? If yes , who are they ? Is PWC or someone else?

- Have they really started implementing the migration process? if you when did they start?

Thanks,

Sorry, cubiclefun. I don't know the answers.
The bid has been done in July. Fund will be avaiable in Oct/2003.

We should change the name of this thread - I mean we have to start a new thread with some other name on the One Fine day when our Processing Comes out of " april 2001".

This thread was no luck to us . We happily started the thread naming "ny started May 2001 .." but actually it never did.

I think its because of the Jealous effect of the other state guys also :mad:

In the next thread we have to keep a low profile that means - we have to give a pessimistic name to thread.

" New York Labor" this will do.

Take it away.

LC Question

Hi,
I applied for my labour on Apr'01 and 2 weeks back my attorney received a reply from Labour Dept. There a query asking about wages. This is the query . . . . .

"Since the wages in the posting needs to be amended, please submit a new posting with amended wage and result of posting"

My Question :

Are they asking for my current wage or my wages for the year when i applied for my labour (which would be 2001)?

Could any one answer this question....

I am really sorry to hear that aski,

I beleive they asking for wages for the year when you applied for your labor , double check that with your lawyer

ahalem

Hi Guys,

Far away from the LC issues and delay, I Got my H1B extension from CBIC , do you know the produce to restamp the visa on the passport in the US? did any body apply for this process before, any issues and how long it took ?

thanks for your help in advance

ahelam,
yes , you can sent it for restamping in St. Louis US. It takes around 3.5 to 4 months to receive the passports.

If you have any travel plans , dont send it here - you can go to India and stamp it there also. But people say as of now it is better to revalidate here than in India as things are not looking good in indian embassy.

There are good threads in this site , refer them you will get ideas.

Good luck.

Thank you cubiclefun, although I have to go to the Egyptian one in this case which is not good at all .

mananD, it was in Vermont , my lawyer did a mistake in the application so first time it took 6 weeks and then another month after submitting the correct information

Status
Not open for further replies.