New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30

I just called 212-621-9374 and they told me they are still processing Apr 30 2001 Case.

Good Luck to us.

did they mention how long it will take , also any body knows why sept 2001 will have another issues ?

Does anyone know when PERM is really gonna come, and if that would have + or - effect on our LCs ?

its amazing , I got my job offer in early 2001 and applied to Labor in Nov 2001, while a friend of mine moved to his company located in different state in Mid 2002 and applied in Late 2002 and he is is one month from the LC , while I am a year far from mine ,

I hope all luck to my friend and all other guys in other states but is that fair ?

I know I will not get an answer but I am trying to relief some anger I have since there is nothing else can be done

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kohls,

This information from Murthy web site about PREM Published in Augest 17:

- In June 2003 our office along with other American Immigration Lawyer Association (AILA) members met with Bill ****son and Harry Sheinfeld from the DOL. Mr. Sheinfeld indicated that once PERM is implemented, PERM would be the only way to file cases. Conversion from RIR or RLC is possible but not required. However, conversion will mean only that the original priority date will carryover to the new process but that new advertisements in PERM format will be required.

- As far as getting additional news---there were no AILA monthly meetings in the summer (except the national conference). We may learn something more when they start again in the fall, if there is nothing released prior to that time

- The DOL established a central processing group (CPG) for all permanent labor certification processes. The intention is to reduce the current backlog that has been created and which is partially a result of the 245(i) law. 245(i) was the law that permitted people that were out of status but had a sponsor employer to file a labor certification and on approval be able to file an I-140/I-485 pay a fine and adjust status.

To date, the CPG is has taken over sample cases from several states including Philadelphia Regional office. From various discussions that our office has had with the DOL, it appears that the CPG needs to be refined and requires better training programs for its employees before they can fully implement the program.

This program is not PERM.

Guys, any update? Any news?

I asked this question in the last month also - Are there any other states still stuck up on April 2001 except Our Empire state NY?

4/2001

NY is not the only state still hanging up with cases of 4/2001. Indiana, where I filed my application, seems even worse. This web site is the only source I find to get some information about the LC progress in Indiana. A guy/gal filed his/her case on 4/12/01, so far he/she hasn't updated his/her status. I assume the case is still buried under somewhere.

Update from DOL

Just called this number 212-621-9374 ,I got the same'ol reply stating that Month of April is likely to till end of the year. When I asked If its till December? They promptly said No its January!!!

God Save Us.

Guys, I wouldn't count on these answers, who knows if its December or January , I think its based on the mood of whom you called more then facts and static's data, if they are certain of this information , why do not they publish it?

PERM No updates

From Murthy website:

Attorney Murthy : No, there has been no update. In fact, the Department of Labor has been very secretive about PERM and doesn't plan to release any information until the regulations are published sometime in late September or early October 2003, which is their targeted date. We have to wait and see what, if anything, is released by that time. :mad: :mad:

See - The april 30th will be over by end of October

My inner feeling says this: Give me a treat once you hear the good news by end of october

Exactly.... they are all lazy (no wonder so many other jobs other than IT are going off shore) that PERM may take several years... and then by that time our GCs might be here !

I assume you guys in NYC too, if that happen by the end of October , you will be all invited for drinks , I am buying :):)

Lets hope the miracle happen and CubicalFan dream become true

Oh sure ahelam - we will have good time.

Okay as soon as the date passes from april 30th , we have to also create excel spreadsheet like what NJ Labor does and start tracking.

Let us be positive amid the tough situations here.

NY regular labor

Hi all,

Currently NY regular labor is stuck at March 2001. I know that April 2001 is a never-ending wait for RIR cases. Is it the same for regular processing also? Does anyone know how bad the line is? My case was fied in 2002 sept. Am I a hopeless case?

Please reply. THanks very much.

Re: NY regular labor

NY regular LC is as worse as RIR. But in last year, regular LC moved from 1998 to 2001 while RIR standed still at April 2001. It seems NY SWA put a lot efforts on regular LC. My case was filed in July 2001. I've been waiting more than two years. Things are getting better. DOL gets some fund to clear the backlog. I believe yours won't be worse than mine.

Originally posted by ny_man_022000
Hi all,

Currently NY regular labor is stuck at March 2001. I know that April 2001 is a never-ending wait for RIR cases. Is it the same for regular processing also? Does anyone know how bad the line is? My case was fied in 2002 sept. Am I a hopeless case?

Please reply. THanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.