New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
PERM will not likely be until the end of the year

From Murthy.com:

We have been informed that implementation of PERM will not likely be until the end of the year. While they might issue the regulation in October as previously indicated, it will not be immediately effective. This is the most current information we have.

ahalem:mad:

Question

is it true that a new Bill is expected to be presented this winter which will push all the LCs pending for more than 365 days to be either given priority or something like that? I just heard that from murthy board, want to see if anybody had any updates?

Guys,

Its rumor in murthy andI am not sure if there is a real low about that or not, that is why i was asking

thanks

ahalem

I wish this rumor be a true information . But sounds like may not be

I already talked to some of my friends in NY, NJ area their 7 year stay is over but labor is not cleared and they are packing to India.

THIS IS ONLY IN NEW York. what can we do?

why are they leaving, the law states that they can have 8th and 9th and ... years until they get the green card ?

Yeah... the 1 year extensions is supposed to be 6 +1 +1 +1......
That is what is my understanding. I am sure they must have been consulting with their attorneys also.

Thanks for all the info on this guys. If you know , can anyone send me the link for the resource regarding the 7th year extension from any one of the official site.

Thanks,

yes. Acc. to the law, you can get 1 yr extensions until your GC is denied or granted provided you have filed labor for more than 365 days.
The link posted by cubiclefun off murthy.com explains it very well.

processing through other state

Hello everyone,

I am on h1-b visa working in NY since last 3.5 yrs. My client has offered me a permanent job ... however, since NY processing is crippling like a snail... i was hoping to get the GC going through atlanta. My client has a branch office in atlanta and california, but it is registered under different company name (hence different business identity).

I suggested my client to process my GC via Georgia and i will continue to work in NY office (head quarters) although my payroll will be processed via atlanta office.

My client has few concerns and is not sure if this option is possible:

1. What will be the legal argument to process GC through atlanta if the candidate has never stayed in atlanta and does not have a residential address in atlanta?

2. If they decide to go forward with atlanta option, will i ever have to go to atlanta and actually work/stay there?

3. Is there a possibility of any issues arising in this arrangement? if yes, is it worth talking the risk to save time ?

Any advice/comment will be truly appreciated. I need to convice my client that there is nothing invalid in pursuing this option.

Thanks,
D

L1 to H1 due to labor delay

Hi, This may not be the correct place for this but I am asking this hoping some one else is in the same boat and have some answeres for me.

My Labour was applied July 2001 RIR and well all of us know it is stuck. I was on L1B visa and since I cannot extend that visa, my attoeney suggested me to convert to H1B since they can extend that after 6 years since my Labor is pending. Now my H1 is approved and I need to get stamping for that.

Well, I tried to send to St.Louis and accroding to my attorney they will not do it since I am coverting from L1 to H1. They can only revalidate an exisiting visa not stamp a new one.

So I am planning to visit Chennai to get stamping. Now my question is sicnce my LC is still pending, will my wife be able to get her H4? is LC treated as a part of the actual GC process which will have impact on my wife H4? Please advise !!!!

All because of painful LC. Thanks !!!!!

sr_srikanth : No. I dont see any problem here. Go to India and apply for stamping for you and your wife at the same time - you will get H1 and your wife will get H4.

LC is a very first part your GC and it does not have any implication on your travel. You will get the restrictions for travel when you apply for the last part of the GC i.e I 485.

Hi Guys,

I know I am repeating my self, but did any body contact the labor department lately , Please share your information with us ?

Also I know many cases in NJ and CA got moved from RIR to be None RIR , so do you know if they keep the same priority date in this case or its another 3 years of waiting ?

ahalem

Status
Not open for further replies.