New York Regional DOL Tracker

Anxious heart said:
Good morning friends,......
Anxious heart
Anxious heart,
You have two options:
1. Your company must agree to what DOL is asking for(Increase offered wage on LCA to the one asked by DOL), and stand by that word until you get you GC. They don't have to pay you that much until you get GC.

2. Submit alternate wage survey. I don't know much about it except I know this option is available. If this works out OK, your company do not have to agree to increase the wage.

I was in the same situation, My company pursued Option 1.
I appreciate you asking question on this forum, Please keep posting developements of your case.

Thank you LCNov01 for your prompt reply! My attorney is now trying to ask my company to go with the first option. I am just soooooooo worrying about that my company won't agree upon issuing this "game-playing" letter. Surely enough will share with friends my further development.

thank you again!

Ny Dol Avm?

Is any one able to access DOL AVM recently.. Icould not get access from last week always.. ringing or busy!!!
Any updates??

New to this thread

Application date to NJ SESA - 1 April 2002
Cleared NJ state - 8 Aug 2004

Is there a spreadsheet in this thread where I can update the information
thanks
meganm

Just joined the NY regional forum

Hello all,

Just learned about this NY forum.

I am trying to reach AVM but just keeps ringing.

When I checked last time, I found a new case for the september 8th which I am thinking is mine.

My lawyer said that the case was moved to NY on the July 16th.

Is this normal ?

Teky.

Urgent question for prevailing wage!

Does anybody here have the similar experience with me on prevailing wage: I was very depressed upon receiving the NOF issued from NY regional DOL a few days ago. They set an terrific/incredible high wage for my employer, which is about 50K more annual (as I mentioned in my earlier post, and actually I really don't think my current wage is that bad). Due to the big salary gap in between, although my attorney tried to ask my employer to go directly to accept DOL's demand, my employer still "feel uncomfortable" to do that, and prefer do salary survey and challenge DOL first. But my attorney told me they have few successful experience on surveys/challenges accepted by DOL. I am very very worried about the final outcome from DOL, and wondering if any friend here has any luck on that? And how long it generally takes for DOL to reconsider this kind of case and response to me.

Any suggestion and self-experience will be highly appreciated!

Nivasch !!!

Any updates on your case ?

Mike

mike_inus said:
Thanks Nivasch for updating.

I suggest you should touch base with your attorney and update him.

Also make sure you have the copy of Certified Mail. This is one of the evidence that you had replied to NOF on 09/01. I hope you will hear good news by end of next week :)

Thanks
Mike

Anxious heart said:
Does anybody here have the similar experience with me on prevailing wage: I was very depressed upon receiving the NOF issued from NY regional DOL a few days ago. They set an terrific/incredible high wage for my employer, which is about 50K more annual (as I mentioned in my earlier post, and actually I really don't think my current wage is that bad). Due to the big salary gap in between, although my attorney tried to ask my employer to go directly to accept DOL's demand, my employer still "feel uncomfortable" to do that, and prefer do salary survey and challenge DOL first. But my attorney told me they have few successful experience on surveys/challenges accepted by DOL. I am very very worried about the final outcome from DOL, and wondering if any friend here has any luck on that? And how long it generally takes for DOL to reconsider this kind of case and response to me.

Any suggestion and self-experience will be highly appreciated!
For one of my friends, they submitted a survey which the DOL did not accept & a final NOF was sent. The company then agreed to the wage & the labor was certified.

Mike,
Still my attorney and me are not able to trace out the package where about.
In mean time, she talk to that Officer directly, then she sent out Fax along with documents and Certified mail Receipt to him
After that i have no more information, i am waiting for Attorneys email whether that office is OK with Fax copies or we need to get extension etc..
I am in tense, how that officer is going to react..
Thanks for the follow up mike, i will update you all
-------------------------------------------

mike_inus said:
Nivasch !!!

Any updates on your case ?

Mike

Good News!!!!!

Hello EveryOne.

NT DOL AVM is updated today and many more cases are APPROVED.

Before I share my GOOD NEWS, I will take opportunity to THANK YOU for your great contribution and time.

Per AVM, my Labor was APPROVED yesterday.
Please check your labor status by calling AVM - (212) 337-2193

If you don't know your case no then call NY DOL
NY DOL no : (212) 337 2184 (Only on Mon/Wed/Fri, from 9.00 to 12.00)

Here are my details.

Case Filed NY STATE (SESA) : 27 Sep 2001
Case Approved NY STATE : 28th April 2001
Case Approved NY DOL : 23rd Sep. 2004

It took almost 3 years to approved.

To: ALL MEMBERS of NY & NJ

Pleave have faith in your GOD and patience.
I know we have gone though painful period. BUT ....
"There is a light at end of EVERY tunnel."

I wish you all the BEST

THANK YOU

MIKE

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,
Congratulations .........
Good to know.
All the best for your next steps.

Thanks,
NivasCh

mike_inus said:
Hello EveryOne.

NT DOL AVM is updated today and many more cases are APPROVED.

Before I share my GOOD NEWS, I will take opportunity to THANK YOU for your great contribution and time.

Per AVM, my Labor was APPROVED yesterday.
Please check your labor status by calling AVM - (212) 337-2193

If you don't know your case no then call NY DOL
NY DOL no : (212) 337 2184 (Only on Mon/Wed/Fri, from 9.00 to 12.00)

Here are my details.

Case Filed NY STATE (SESA) : 27 Sep 2001
Case Approved NY STATE : 28th April 2001
Case Approved NY DOL : 23rd Sep. 2004

It took almost 3 years to approved.

To: ALL MEMBERS of NY & NJ

Pleave have faith in your GOD and patience.
I know we have gone though painful period. BUT ....
"There is a light at end of EVERY tunnel."

I wish you all the BEST

THANK YOU

MIKE

Thanks NivasCh

Please update your case status to this forum when you hear from NY-DOL.
I wish you all the Best and very soon you will join with me in I-140/485 forum :)

Mike

nivasch said:
Mike,
Congratulations .........
Good to know.
All the best for your next steps.

Thanks,
NivasCh

Sh_Ad said:
For one of my friends, they submitted a survey which the DOL did not accept & a final NOF was sent. The company then agreed to the wage & the labor was certified.

Thank you Sh Ad! Do you know how long it took for your friend to get final NOF? Is your friend belonging to NY regional?

Mike_inus, thanks for being so active and informative in this forum. Congratulations and all the best for the next step.

Anxious heart said:
Thank you Sh Ad! Do you know how long it took for your friend to get final NOF? Is your friend belonging to NY regional?
I do not know the time. I will try and find out.
Her labor was filed from NJ.

Sh_Ad said:
I do not know the time. I will try and find out.
Her labor was filed from NJ.

Thank you Sh_Ad for sharing this information with me! Much appreciated if your could find the timeline for me from your friend! People's input here is really the light through this dark tunnel. Hope everybody here is approaching the dawn soon.

Hi Folks:

I have been a passive observer for more than 2 years. The combined NJ-NY forum is an excellent source of information. I could correctly guess the time from these forums. I wish I had looked into the forum before I filed the LC.
The NY-SESA forum is very informative and much more active.

MY LC is approved as follows (letter from NY DOL today):

Case Filed NJ STATE (SESA) : 06 Feb 2002
Case approved & transferred to NY DOL from NJ SESA : 06 April 2004
Case Received at NY DOL : April 28 2004
NOF issued by NY DOL on prevailing wage: August 11, 2004 (DOL asked to repost inside the company and to meet the prevailing wage. The prevailing wage was different in 2002). Since the prevailing wage was already met for the last 6 months (for the current H1B), the company reposted it. Attorney mailed the NOF reply on Sep 01, 2004. Received at NY DOL Sept 03, 2004. I was concerned due to the Republican convention.
Case Approved by NY DOL : 21st Sep. 2004

DOT Code 030-062-010
Software Engineer, (Matlab, C, ..etc)
Small business (5 employees- 2 full time).
It took around 2.5 years for LC. I wonder what it takes for I140 & I485 combined!