New York Regional DOL Tracker

NOF Issued

I am working for American Client, but employee is Desi.
I heard in AVM today.

Does most all Desi company's employee get NOF???

Pl. share all info. regarding possible reasons of NOF???

mike_inus said:
BigMouth,

Sorry to hear that. But I don't think there will be any problem with your NOF.
Most of these NOF queries are related to salary.

Could you please share information about your labor case?

1. Do you work for american company or Desi company?
2. Date of case received by NY DOL
3. NOF issue date ?

Thanks
Mike

NOF Issued

NY DOL issued NOF yesterday on my case.
DOT Code: 030.162-014
Date of case received by NY DOL: May 5th
NOF issue date: 09/14/2004

Keep you all posted once I heard from my attorney.

Hello palmighty

We will appreciate if could tell us more about your case details?

Do you know your case no?
If yes, then could you please select the range from given list and let us know

1. 0250 - 6900 ----- 0250 - 6999
2. 0250 - 7000 ----- 0250 - 7099
3. 0250 - 7100 ----- 0250 - 7199
4. 0250 - 7200 ----- 0250 - 7299

BigMouth

Could you please let us know in which range your case falls?

Thanks
-Mike

palmighty said:
NY DOL issued NOF yesterday on my case.
DOT Code: 030.162-014
Date of case received by NY DOL: May 5th
NOF issue date: 09/14/2004

Keep you all posted once I heard from my attorney.

Case #

mike_inus said:
Hello palmighty

BigMouth

Thanks
-Mike

mike_inus said:
Hello palmighty

BigMouth

Thanks
-Mike

Gurus,
Here is a new development regarding my case which got NOF from NY DOL on August 16th and my attorney replied NY DOL on Sept.1st with a certified Mail.
I was asking them, Is it reached NY DOL etc, always answer was Yes
Today i talk to one of the DOL person,AND HE claimed that DOL still not received any info back from attorney until this morning Then i called my attorney and pass the same information to them,
they called DOL folks and left a message to them, I really don't know WHETHER THAT PERSON WILL call my Attorney????

In mean time i took the certified post Package number and did search in USPS, came to know from USPS they don't have this package information..
what i should do???????????????????????/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Nivasch,

I think your NOF Reply date is 16th Sep. Right ?
Tomorrow is the last date for NOF reply, I think you should have to take action immediately.

1. Call (212) 337 2184 and leave your name, case number and contact number. Some on will call you.

2. Also call (212) 337-2185 and explain your situation to Labor Officer.

3. Ask your attorney to fax USPS receipt and explanation letter.
NY DOL Fax (212) 337-1342

NY DOL Address:
201 Varick St. Room 755
New York New York 10014

Please note I'm not attorney neither I have any legal/law knowledge. You should check with your attorney or lawyer before taking any action.

I wish you all the best and hope everything will be alright.

Thanks
Mike

nivasch said:
Gurus,
Here is a new development regarding my case which got NOF from NY DOL on August 16th and my attorney replied NY DOL on Sept.1st with a certified Mail.
I was asking them, Is it reached NY DOL etc, always answer was Yes
Today i talk to one of the DOL person,AND HE claimed that DOL still not received any info back from attorney until this morning Then i called my attorney and pass the same information to them,
they called DOL folks and left a message to them, I really don't know WHETHER THAT PERSON WILL call my Attorney????

In mean time i took the certified post Package number and did search in USPS, came to know from USPS they don't have this package information..
what i should do???????????????????????/

Mike,
Thanks for your reply .
I will do as you suggested..
Hope some thing will work out.

mike_inus said:
Hello Nivasch,

Tomorrow is the last date for NOF reply, I think you should have to take action immediately.

1. Call (212) 337 2184 and leave your name, case number and contact number. Some on will call you.

NY DOL Address:
201 Varick St. Room 755
New York New York 10014

Please note I'm not attorney neither I have any legal/law knowledge. You should check with your attorney or lawyer before taking any action.

Thanks
Mike

NY DOL Updates

Guys,

Good News. Per NY DOL AVM they are processing cases received on 12 May 2004.

IT cases from 0250-7235 to 0250-7242 were approved yesterday.

Thanks
Mike

Ny Dol Avm

mike_inus said:
Guys,

Good News. Per NY DOL AVM they are processing cases received on 12 May 2004.

IT cases from 0250-7235 to 0250-7242 were approved yesterday.

Thanks
Mike

My sample data cases from AVM for dates May 4,5,6,7 are still in recd state. Do you check for 030.162.014/030.062.010 codes ? It looks like that these codes trail behind other codes.

Mike,
My Attorney, did the same as you mentioned means she left a msg to that case officer regarding this reply.
One more thing is, I called USPS Customer support and gave him my Certi. Mail Track number,
then he provided me some input.

According him this mail was try to deliver on 2nd Sept where that time no one present in Office because of Rep.Convention in NY,
Then USPS kept a note there saying come and pick from Post office with in 15 days,
as of no one from DOL went there to pick up, Now the mail is sitting in NY Post office.
And it will return to my Attorney once the 15 days period is over..
==============================

mike_inus said:
Hello Nivasch,

NY DOL Address:
201 Varick St. Room 755
New York New York 10014

Thanks
Mike

Nivasch,

I will suggest to call NY DOL (212-337-2185) and explain your situation.
Anyway I think you will be fine

nivasch said:
Mike,
My Attorney, did the same as you mentioned means she left a msg to that case officer regarding this reply.
One more thing is, I called USPS Customer support and gave him my Certi. Mail Track number,
then he provided me some input.

According him this mail was try to deliver on 2nd Sept where that time no one present in Office because of Rep.Convention in NY,
Then USPS kept a note there saying come and pick from Post office with in 15 days,
as of no one from DOL went there to pick up, Now the mail is sitting in NY Post office.
And it will return to my Attorney once the 15 days period is over..
==============================

Hey waitlisted

some of the approved cases do have DOT code of 030.162.014 and 030.062.010

Per AVM, Cases number from 0250-7202 to 0250-7242 were processed on 9/14 and 9/15

waitlisted said:
My sample data cases from AVM for dates May 4,5,6,7 are still in recd state. Do you check for 030.162.014/030.062.010 codes ? It looks like that these codes trail behind other codes.

mike_inus said:
Hey waitlisted

some of the approved cases do have DOT code of 030.162.014 and 030.062.010

Per AVM, Cases number from 0250-7202 to 0250-7242 were processed on 9/14 and 9/15
Do you check random cases ? How do you have those specific nos ? I think DOL leaves lot of holes when they move forward.

from immigration-law.com

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority Dates

* We reported on September 2, 2004 that the employment-based immigration priority dates may experience a set-back sooner or later. The report was based on the State Department forecast in its August 2004 Visa Bulletin. The AILA reports that the upcoming October 2004 Visa Bulletin will carry a State Department prediction that the cutoff date for employment based immigration (EB-3) may come earlier than predicted, as early as January 2005! It is an irony that one group of immigrants have to make other group of immigrants weep to settle down in this country.

What does this mean..Can Any one please explain

I just checked numbers from 7202 to 7242 and found all were approved on 14 and 15.

If you want you can check yourself by dailing AVM

Mike
waitlisted said:
Do you check random cases ? How do you have those specific nos ? I think DOL leaves lot of holes when they move forward.

Mike,
Good Morning,
I just talk to one of the Officer regarding my case documents and Certi.Mail etc...
Then he told me that my case office r is on vacation and he will back to work on Monday.
The present officer asked me touch base with him on Monday ,212-337-2185 is ringing and no one is picking that number.
Looks like i need to wait for this Officer to come to work

mike_inus said:
Nivasch,

I will suggest to call NY DOL (212-337-2185) and explain your situation.
Anyway I think you will be fine

Thanks Nivasch for updating.

I suggest you should touch base with your attorney and update him.

Also make sure you have the copy of Certified Mail. This is one of the evidence that you had replied to NOF on 09/01. I hope you will hear good news by end of next week :)

Thanks
Mike

nivasch said:
Mike,
Good Morning,
I just talk to one of the Officer regarding my case documents and Certi.Mail etc...
Then he told me that my case office r is on vacation and he will back to work on Monday.
The present officer asked me touch base with him on Monday ,212-337-2185 is ringing and no one is picking that number.
Looks like i need to wait for this Officer to come to work

NOF prevailing wage

Good morning friends,

First I would appreciate everyone here encouraging each other to go through this pain path! Although this is my first time to post, i have been hanging around here for certain period and getting many valuable info. and guts. I couldn't thank this thread and people here enough.

My case was moved to NY regional on May 6 2004 and I just received NOF last week. But the most ridiculous thing is DOL people is asking a prevailing wage of more 90 K, compared with my current 50 k annual. Poor me is only a master degree holder with 2 yrs experience and can't figure what's wrong with those guys giving hard time to us! I asked my lawyer if it is an accident error from them and I was told it happens all the time (according to NOF letter DOL issued, master and PhD are both belonging to level 2, which result in this huge number wage!; and first level only go with those B.A. holders. Nothing in between!) My lawyer has promised me to talk with my supervisor and HR people to issue a letter to accept DOL requirements. But i am so nervous and not confident if my company will stand on my side.

Does anybody here have any experience or suggestion for me? Do I still have any luck to get through? Highly appreciate in advance!

Anxious heart