New York City Transfers

jhawilla said:
Letter from VSC (regarding my I-485)
Thursday, April 13, 2006
On 03/07/2006 you contacted us about your case.
" Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call costumer service."

What u guys think, they will clean up all the cases till OCT or not?

Hi jhawilla, did you call them or write them for the update of your case?

-thanks

gclord2002 said:
This is madness, I had my interview 05 got transfer on october 05 to vsc, PD 01, 245i. Now, you telling me they might interview agian & it will take 2 more years?

I hope they are joking?

I'm in the same situation as you. My PD is 04/2001, I had an interview on 10/12/2005, my file was sent back to VSC for reverification (whatever that means). I called the 1800 number, the lady told me sometimes local DO's send's the I-130 back to the processing centers for further investigation. My mom, a UCS, petitioned for me. Have you heard anything from VSC, any LUDs since your DO transferred your file to them. This is sickening.

gclord2002 said:
Did any one called VSC to check status of the application. If so what is the number? I am planning to call VSC.

Thanks and appriciate it very much.

I tried but it didn't work. Any Luck?

NoLifeQueen said:
I tried but it didn't work. Any Luck?

My case is employment based case. Live update says they have transfered my case to VSC. But I am not ware of what is that reverification means? We sumitted our files to VSC center to begin with and then got transfer to NYC for interview to verify all information. What else is there to reinvestigate?

gclord2002 said:
My case is employment based case. Live update says they have transfered my case to VSC. But I am not ware of what is that reverification means? We sumitted our files to VSC center to begin with and then got transfer to NYC for interview to verify all information. What else is there to reinvestigate?

I have no clue what that means. Just waiting for them to make a decision. They haven't updated my case yet. When I called the 800 number, the lady told me to write VSC a letter.

Team,

any updates/inputs for files transfer from vsc/nyc or nyc/vsc for processing.

i'm waiting for interview letter, god knows when magic letter will pop up in my mail box.

sick and tired of waiting guys.

newyorker/andy/akbari----????

regards,

gclord2002: I called the 1800 number and redirected to VSC. The nice guy told me to renew my EAD and wait `cause there was nothing wrong with my case for adjudication. Then I asked him about my FP that was expired and was told that I wont have approval with that and gave me an appointment for FP2. This FP2 results are coming to VSC instead the FBI, he said.

beenwaitinglong said:
My parents got their welcome letters yesterday but it says 'If the case was approved, you will recieve your card soon'... etc.

My experience was that cards arrive 2-3 days after welcome letter. The wording is ridiculous; making you think there could be a glitch.

forlucy said:
My experience was that cards arrive 2-3 days after welcome letter. The wording is ridiculous; making you think there could be a glitch.

A friend of mine got his passport stampped today, in 26 fed plaza. his case is a 1986 amnesty case called CSS/LULAC case. I am really happy for him.

Do not know what's in our luck.

team,
pls let me know what shud be additional wait time for folks xfer from vsc back to nyc for interview. already i have waited for 18months, then transfer back to vsc, now again to nyc.

can i take infopass appt and talk to IIO in fed plaza.

i am planning to move to diff state for job purpose.

pls post ur suggestions.

regards,

Hey Goankar

How you doing dude, Listen My advice--do not move right now if you can. I had ask an immigration officer during my interview about moving and she was not to happy about it, I would recommend not to change state right now, Infact I have a sad new about one of my freinds a 245i candidate, his father was not well hence he travelled on advance parole twice during his process and then he got a letter in mail stating that his 485 is denied due to travelling abroad which is not permitted while in a 245i procedure. So well that ends for him..

Anyways I wish everyone all the best for their GC, Hope everyone clears out fast before it gets more messier.

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Goankar

How you doing dude, Listen My advice--do not move right now if you can. I had ask an immigration officer during my interview about moving and she was not to happy about it, I would recommend not to change state right now, Infact I have a sad new about one of my freinds a 245i candidate, his father was not well hence he travelled on advance parole twice during his process and then he got a letter in mail stating that his 485 is denied due to travelling abroad which is not permitted while in a 245i procedure. So well that ends for him..

Anyways I wish everyone all the best for their GC, Hope everyone clears out fast before it gets more messier.

Newyorker012

Hi newyorker012, I am a 245i applicants, applied for advanced parol to travel home for me and my wife but did not go because was not sure if they will allow us back inot the usa. Questions, if you get the advance parol and they let you in how your friend get the denial letter. because the advance parol is to legally go out of the usa and come back in? did your friend apeal the denial? When did this happened?

We had our interview May of 2005 the officer did not mention if we travel outside the country with or without advance parol; he said we will get our approval in six month and then october of last year case got trabsfer to VSC. Do you think my advance parol will cause any problem eventhough I did not use them?

thx

One more question to you, did your friend who got denied had interview? if so did the officer asked any questions on the advanced parol?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GClord2002

I think your stars are really lucky as you did not travel cause, My friend had an interview already and she did not ask anything about travelling in the interview, But I am sure they check, Even in my interview she asked me twice whether I travelled outside cause I was granted Premenent resident for canada and I had to let it go because of this 245i .

They will issue you an advance parole and it is legal, but it is not allowed for people in 245i criteria unfortunately. Anyways my friends decided not to appeal because his lawyer said that they will loose on this. he had adviced them not to travel like my lawyer did.. But in any case he is not interested in staying back here anymore and is all packed up to leave for good. I wish him good luck , although I feel very sad for him. Waiting all these years and we end up like this sometimes.

Newyorker012

I 485 approved

We got approval email today and message says.

This case has been approved. On April 20, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not recieve this notice...

Does anybody know how long it will take to recieve the approval letter
and actual plastic card ?

Thanks

Congratulations... enjoy!

k12ven said:
We got approval email today and message says.

This case has been approved. On April 20, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not recieve this notice...

Does anybody know how long it will take to recieve the approval letter
and actual plastic card ?

Thanks

Case processing at VSC

Hi,

I think that VSC is processing the transfer cases now (requesting more evidence or aproving cases).

I think people who has not been transfered are in better situation, bacuse there is a chance that your case will be approved without interview.

Good luck, I am sitll waiting.

However, call and inquire about your case as much as you can, it this way VSC will be under pressure to process our cases.

Andy

Newyorker012 said:
Hi GClord2002

I think your stars are really lucky as you did not travel cause, My friend had an interview already and she did not ask anything about travelling in the interview, But I am sure they check, Even in my interview she asked me twice whether I travelled outside cause I was granted Premenent resident for canada and I had to let it go because of this 245i .

They will issue you an advance parole and it is legal, but it is not allowed for people in 245i criteria unfortunately. Anyways my friends decided not to appeal because his lawyer said that they will loose on this. he had adviced them not to travel like my lawyer did.. But in any case he is not interested in staying back here anymore and is all packed up to leave for good. I wish him good luck , although I feel very sad for him. Waiting all these years and we end up like this sometimes.

Newyorker012

Thanks Newyorker012,
It's very sad after so many years your friends has to leave. I think your friend should talk to other lawyer for further openion, for an example if the new law or bill passes both the senate and congress then he might be able to reopen the case.

VSC Approvals

Two of my friends got their cases approved directly from VSC. I think this is a very good sign. Since their cases were approved directly they will have no interview. Their message says that they will recieve the card in the mail.

Andy

andy_nyc said:
Two of my friends got their cases approved directly from VSC. I think this is a very good sign. Since their cases were approved directly they will have no interview. Their message says that they will recieve the card in the mail.

Andy

Hi andy, were your friends cases got transfer from NYC to VSC? and were they found te message online or they got letter by mail?

-Thanks