New York City Transfers

goankar said:
Thanks Gclord2002 for information.

did you ever redo the medical before the interview.
how long will the interview be
what is the approval pattern now a days in nyc.

pls post.

newyorker, are u there...

regards,
Yes, I did redo the medical and took it with us just in case. The officer did not ask for it but my lawyer ask him if he would like to keep our updated medicals and photos. Make sure you make copies for every docs and make two copies one for your wife files and one for your files. I had only one copy with me at that time. Per the approval patter now s adays in NYC Only God knows. I have been waiting for 19 years.
newyorker, are you there I am waiting for your e-mail.

thanks

thanks gclord2002 for your valuable information. i'm started making copies of all documents. do u need bank statements too. here is what i did
made photo copies of visa extensions/ead/ap/fed/state income tax/w2/paystub/employment letter/medical. anything that i left, pls advise.
did they ask u to take finger print again. what standard questions are asked.
regards,

goankar said:
thanks gclord2002 for your valuable information. i'm started making copies of all documents. do u need bank statements too. here is what i did
made photo copies of visa extensions/ead/ap/fed/state income tax/w2/paystub/employment letter/medical. anything that i left, pls advise.
did they ask u to take finger print again. what standard questions are asked.
regards,
Make sure you take IRS printed tax returen for last three years and I would suggest take the bank statement as well as your car insurance if your wife name is on it. You never know this people, very unpredictable. Good luck.

thanks gclord2002. did u order irs printout online for federal. are we supposed to take state tax return too. am taking it anyway. good that u pointed out car insurance, i will get bank statement. what else are we suppose to take gclord2002. pls update.

newyorker, are u on vacation... pls help man.

regards,

goankar said:
thanks gclord2002. did u order irs printout online for federal. are we supposed to take state tax return too. am taking it anyway. good that u pointed out car insurance, i will get bank statement. what else are we suppose to take gclord2002. pls update.

newyorker, are u on vacation... pls help man.

regards,
I do not remember the phone number that I called for IRS print out. Please browes through this forum. You will find out the number and type of Tax print out. That's all I can remember. If you have kids born here take their birth certificats and copies.

Good luck.

My wife and I were interviewed in Jan. this year and were asked for affidavit of support and update medical in the interview letter. Mine is NIW-case. Our attorney said that I don't need affidavit of support. He also said that I don't need update medical because I submitted them along with our I-485s.

Following were the documents he asked me to prepare.

1.Passport, EADs, two passport photos, job letter, bank statement letter, three-year tax returns (2002, 2003, 2004 federal and state)
2.Original & copy: driver license, social security card, birth certificate, all I-94s, all IAP-66s, J-1 waiver approval notice, H1b approval notices, recent two-month paychecks, three-year W-2s
3.Documents to prove marriage: Marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, health insurance, 401K beneficiary document, photos.

During the interview, what were asked for were: passport, job letter, recent pay stub, and my child's birth certificate. The officer did ask if we have updated medical, my attorney said we still use the original ones. The officer said that it is ok. The officer didn't ask for tax return or W-2 or bank statement although they were mentioned in the interview letter. In the end, my attorney gave the office our passport photos although the officer didn't ask.

Per congressman's help, both of cases were approved on Apr. 26.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD Renewal

Hello Freinds

I send in my EAD renewal documents last week to VSC, and as per the USPS, it was delivered on Last Friday. It has been four working days and still they have not deposited the checks, does any one have a clue, why is that so. As before this whenever i send for renewal or AP or EAD, the checks showed up pretty quicky in the bank account.

Mine is EB3, 140/485 Notice date Sep 2003, 140 AD April 2004, 485 transfer to NYC, Nov 2004, Transfer back to VSC Nov 2005.

Priority Date : Mar 6th 2000

Please help
Tasneem

Got interview letter

Hey everyone,

I just got an interview letter. (got an email from my lawyer letting me know). It will be on July 6th. I was surprised though that it was scheduled in Garden City and not in NYC, because I live in Manhattan.

Anybody has any idea?

Thanks.

Hey Ziv

Congratulations, Infact you are a lucky dude if you got it in garden city, You will have better luck there. My friend had and interview there although he lived in Manhattan and he got stamped right away and got his GC in mail in 2 weeks. Hopefully u are going to get it like that too. Let us know

NewYorker012

Thanks Newyorker.

I hope whatever happened with your friend happens to me to. Although much will depend on 2 things:

- Visa Numbers: Hopefully the July visa bullettin will have EB3 world moved to 1/1/2002.

- I have a prior arrest for a misdemeanor which was expunged. (Pre-trial diversion program - took a class - record expunged). This will probably be the toughest part of the interview (and probably the reason for the interiew).

I have many questions on what to prepare, but I will meet with my lawyer hopefully sometime next week and go over everything. I'll post any unanswered questions here later.

Thanks for your support.

Ziv

Hi everybody

What happened to all the forum members. No updates for 5 day .Please post some new updates. What is going on with all the NY cases which were transfered back to vermont.

I dont know how long we have to wait for our approval :rolleyes:

ash3

jhawilla said:
I`m on additional review, so I have to wait. What about the others? Did anybody get approval since DEC05?

what do mean by that? did you call them? did you have your interview? are you 245i? did you have any other case pending or withdrawn? Please let me know. When we had our interview the officer told us he needs more info on me and said we should get winthin 6 months but its has been a year no new except got transfer to VSC last october. This is called a land of freedom?

Letter from VSC
Thursday, April 13, 2006
On 03/07/2006 you contacted us about your case.
" Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call costumer service."

We don`t see no more approvals. I guess they don`t have any more case to approve. The left over cases are retrogressed or stucked in security checks.

jhawilla said:
Letter from VSC
Thursday, April 13, 2006
On 03/07/2006 you contacted us about your case.
" Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call costumer service."

We don`t see no more approvals. I guess they don`t have any more case to approve. The left over cases are retrogressed or stucked in security checks.

what's new guys? looks we all got quite here.

Hi All

Hi All

Looks like there is not much going on in here, I was wondering if anyone got any replies from USCIS in Eb3 Cat, 245(i). The PD's for India moved to
April 8 2001, and I hope next month it reaches may01 2001, that will mean a lot many people out of the GC mess. I hope we get out of this mess real soon, it's too long now already.

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hi All

Looks like there is not much going on in here, I was wondering if anyone got any replies from USCIS in Eb3 Cat, 245(i). The PD's for India moved to
April 8 2001, and I hope next month it reaches may01 2001, that will mean a lot many people out of the GC mess. I hope we get out of this mess real soon, it's too long now already.

Newyorker012

Hi Newyorker12, I am eab3, 245i, just checked online and case got approved yesterday for both my wife and me. It's has been 19 years of Journey finially came to en end yesterday. Thanks to you all.

my pripiry date was November 1996, LC approval is 2000, i 140 march 2002, transfer to NYC June 2004, interview at NYC May 2005, Transfer back to VSC october 31, approval of green card is May 15 2006. Once again thanks to you all and hang in there your time will come.

Hey GClord

Congrats dude, I am happy for you, Well enjoy and pray for us to get out quickly as well.

Congratulations

Newyorker012