New York City Transfers

Approved cases

The message changed online to case approved, then to card was ordered. In the mean time they got the notices in the mail about case approval. Now they wait for the card to come in mail. Online message says that the card was ordered.

Cases were transfered from NYC to VSC. They are from East Europe EB3. One got request for evidence some time ago. One case had PD 99. That is all I know for now.

Andy

newyorker012 and team,

is it advisable to go again with infopass appt to federal plaza to inquire abt the status of i-485 and know time frame on when can i expect interview letter. this is very frustrating. i went in couple of weeks back and got no response.

pls advice.

regards,

goankar said:
newyorker012 and team,

is it advisable to go again with infopass appt to federal plaza to inquire abt the status of i-485 and know time frame on when can i expect interview letter. this is very frustrating. i went in couple of weeks back and got no response.

pls advice.

My Friend, sure you can go and check but is it worth it? I am so tired and frustrated that I get sick to my stomach this waiting pain for last 19 over 19 years. By the way, anyone is having problem cheking online update today? mine says validation errors.

-Thanks

regards,

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Goankar

Are you a 245(i) EBB3 India? Let me see your case details.

Newyorker012

Yes,
PD November, 1996
140 april 20002
interview at NYC may 05
transfer to VSC october, 05

FP notice after the interview

Here's my case in short

EB2
PD : 03/2001
Trasfer to Boston : 02/2004
Interview : 02/2006 ( didnt get approved because Name check was pending)

I got a notice for fingerprint today. My last FP was in jan 2005. So now I am wondering if the FP notice came because its been 15 months since my last FP? In other words do they send automatic notification to keep FPs current? Or does it mean that the name check came in, so someone in BDO picked up my file and said - we need the FP to approve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

newyorker,

pls find my details

i-140-april 2002(AD)
i-485-june 2002(RD)

iam eb1 from india.

hope this helps. let me know what do u think.

regards,

Hey Goankar

Your case is pretty straight forward, and your PD is current, Are you a
245(I) or a regular case. Goankar post your personal email address in your next post.

GCLORD2002

You should be breathing down their neck right now, Keep pestering them harder, I would recommend a senator's help. let me know your email address in the next post, I have a more certain way then senator's help, it is more effective.

Newyorker012

thanks newyorker.

am not 245-i, my case if pretty st forward. not sure why my case sucks.

pls let me know how to expedite my case in federal plaza.

regards,

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Goankar

Your case is pretty straight forward, and your PD is current, Are you a
245(I) or a regular case. Goankar post your personal email address in your next post.

GCLORD2002

You should be breathing down their neck right now, Keep pestering them harder, I would recommend a senator's help. let me know your email address in the next post, I have a more certain way then senator's help, it is more effective.

Newyorker012

Thanks newyorker012 her is my e-mail address.

gclord2002@yahoo.com

newyorker,
i took infopass apt for monday and prepared a letter to IIO.
am going to ask them what is going on with my case.
i will post u details. isit worth trying.
let me know.
regards,

Congressman's office helped

Hi,

I just received a phone call from congressman's office this morning, telling that our I-485s (mine and my wife's) were approved and I should receive the approval letter in 30 days. Online status remains unchanged(transfer info.). As you can see in my signature and previous posts, I would suggest you guys contact your local congressman (first by mail, then by phone). I will update it on the progress.

NY-NIW said:
Hi,

I just received a phone call from congressman's office this morning, telling that our I-485s (mine and my wife's) were approved and I should receive the approval letter in 30 days. Online status remains unchanged(transfer info.). As you can see in my signature and previous posts, I would suggest you guys contact your local congressman (first by mail, then by phone). I will update it on the progress.

Congret, NY-NIW, Which congressman office you contacted do you have their phone number? Appriciate it.

gclord2002,

You need go to http://www.house.gov/ to find your local congressman by searching with your zipcode. That was the way I found our local congressman --- Peter King, his website is http://peteking.house.gov I firstly wrote email last June and didn't get anything back, then I wrote him and got a letter back. It took almost half a year for me to get the interview letter, that was last Dec. Unfortunately, my wife's case got separated from mine (I am the primary) and was transferred back to VSC. With the great help from this office, my wife's case got transferred back to NYC before my interview, and we were interviewed together.

Wish you guys and myself good luck.

The format of the letter I wrote

Hope the following helps:

-----------

Your name and address

Congressman’s address

Re: I-485 applications for adjustment to permanent resident status

Date

Dear Congressman King,

Your story and the help you want …….

Sincerely yours,

Your name

Phone: xxxxxxxx (H); xxxxxx (w); E-mail: xxxxxxxxxxx; Fax: xxxxxxxxxxx

Updated Key Information:

My name: xxxxxxx ; Applicant#: A number
I-485: EAC-xxxxxxxxx ; Receipt Date: Nov. 22, 2002
Transferred to NYC on Aug. 2, 2004

My wife’s name: xxxxxxxxx ; Applicant#: A number
I-485: EAC-03-xxxxxxx ; Receipt Date: Nov. 22, 2002
Transferred to NYC on Aug. 2, 2004, back to VSC on Nov.18, 2005, again to NYC on Jan. 3, 2006 with the help from Congressman King’s office

newyorker and team,

pls let me know if we need to fillin affidavit of support for employment based petition

did anyone has exp.

pls let us know.

regards,

goankar said:
newyorker and team,

pls let me know if we need to fillin affidavit of support for employment based petition

did anyone has exp.

pls let us know.

regards,

Hi goankar, I did fillout my affidavit of support and took it to the interview but the officer did not ask for it during the interview, so my lawyer did not give it to the officer. After the interview when I ask my lawyer and few other friend they said since it is employment base and our salary is way above the proverty level it is not needed. But I would suggest you to take it with for the interview.

Thanks Gclord2002 for information.

did you ever redo the medical before the interview.
how long will the interview be
what is the approval pattern now a days in nyc.

pls post.

newyorker, are u there...

regards,