New York City Transfers

ANDY300Z said:
gclord2002 how did you find out your case was transfered because when i
called customer service yesterday they didnt no where the case was all they
have was the info on the USCIS online case tracking info that my case was
transfered from vermont to NYC on November 2004 she said that will put
a request into NYC to check status is it possible the case is still in NYC and
i am not sure if its a good thing or bad one and for me it will be 16 years fighting for a piece of paper just to travel to see my parents.

After the interview I waited for 5 months and did not get any news from INS. Also, after the interview I changed address and fill out the ar11 called the 8800 number, got a confirmation letter for the chnage of address from 26 fed pplaza. Any way, I went online and enter my eac number and I was completly surprised seeing my case got transfer to VSC. I do not know what this transfer means, even though we finished our interview.

gclord2002 said:
After the interview I waited for 5 months and did not get any news from INS. Also, after the interview I changed address and fill out the ar11 called the 8800 number, got a confirmation letter for the chnage of address from 26 fed pplaza. Any way, I went online and enter my eac number and I was completly surprised seeing my case got transfer to VSC. I do not know what this transfer means, even though we finished our interview.
Normaly a case a sent to vermont after aproval from NYC for the actual green
card processing and welcome notice letters all pending cases are held in NYC for final determination or visa availibilty by supervisors, this is what happen to my wife case
she was the primary and she got stamped the same day the only thing thats
strange is that the online status shows fingerprint recieved it never changed its been almost 9 months since my wife got her green card,thats why i dont
trust the online check.

Hi, folks. All theses cases transfered back to VSC are EB3s. If I`m wrong, please show yours here (not EB3). After 3 mo we are on hold still.

ANDY300Z said:
Normaly a case a sent to vermont after aproval from NYC for the actual green
card processing and welcome notice letters all pending cases are held in NYC for final determination or visa availibilty by supervisors, this is what happen to my wife case
she was the primary and she got stamped the same day the only thing thats
strange is that the online status shows fingerprint recieved it never changed its been almost 9 months since my wife got her green card,thats why i dont
trust the online check.

Thanks Andy300Z, It's funny, this morning while I was typing your answer a friend of mine called me. He went to garden CITY to check his marriage based interview status. What they told him that cases that transfer from NYC to VSC when it's approved for green card. If it's still in NYC that means still case are being reviewed. Since, I am done with mine interview, the officer told me I should get it in 4-6 month and now I see my case got transfer to VSC. Is it a good sign or nothing at all.

gclord2002 said:
Thanks Andy300Z, It's funny, this morning while I was typing your answer a friend of mine called me. He went to garden CITY to check his marriage based interview status. What they told him that cases that transfer from NYC to VSC when it's approved for green card. If it's still in NYC that means still case are being reviewed. Since, I am done with mine interview, the officer told me I should get it in 4-6 month and now I see my case got transfer to VSC. Is it a good sign or nothing at all.

I think its a good sign beacuse all the people i know there files were sent back to vermont got there greencard on another note the online status check
i realy dont trust because when my wife was approved on june 2004 the status showed that her finger prints recieved ,its been 9 months since she got her card still same message go figure.
I also requested congressional inquiry but no response its been 40 days and they are telling me they have to request it again immigration is to busy.

Fingerprints

Hi,

I just got fingerprints appointment. Does anywone got one?

Andy

PS. My friend got his I485 case approved last week, no interview, case was approved at VSC. First they requested more evidence (check stubs, etc.). His case was transfered to VSC in December. I hope that we are next. However his case had way lower EAC number then mine.

Yes, I did

Yesterday, I gave finger prints at Garden City ASC.

Still waiting for wife's fp appointment letter :(

When called VSC, they said that it is scheduled. 15 days passed, still no letter. Wondering what to do :confused:

Fingerprints

I see that some of us got fingerprint notices. Is it because they are processing our case or bacause our old fingerprints simply expired at the same time?

I am guessing here .... ;)

andy_nyc said:
I see that some of us got fingerprint notices. Is it because they are processing our case or bacause our old fingerprints simply expired at the same time?

I am guessing here .... ;)

That's because they get more time to make us sufer more. Just a guess as well.

because they expired. i called again and spoke to a rep and she said cases are on the shelf until PD becomes current. but at least people who have fingerprints done will be ready for aprpoval when PD gets current. Others, like me, will still have to wait for the fingerprint notices which means more wait. Fun!

hey guys - i think most of you are working on EB based visas, but maybe you can shed light on my situation. I entered the US on a fiance visa in Aug 04, married a US citizen in Sept 04 and got fingerprints / biometrics in Nov 04.

Got a notice in Sep 05 saying I-485 was transferred to the CSC. E-mailed CSC a few weeks ago to get a status udpate, and they replied that my case was transferred to the VSC. (Have never received a formal notice that this was done). Today, got an online update for an I-131 I filed back in October stating that the I-131 application had been transferred to NYC, and that they would be scheduling an interview with me for it.

Is it typical to be asked for an interview for an I-131 AP? Or do you think this interview has something to do with my I-485 application?

Nora&Simon said:
hey guys - i think most of you are working on EB based visas, but maybe you can shed light on my situation. I entered the US on a fiance visa in Aug 04, married a US citizen in Sept 04 and got fingerprints / biometrics in Nov 04.

Got a notice in Sep 05 saying I-485 was transferred to the CSC. E-mailed CSC a few weeks ago to get a status udpate, and they replied that my case was transferred to the VSC. (Have never received a formal notice that this was done). Today, got an online update for an I-131 I filed back in October stating that the I-131 application had been transferred to NYC, and that they would be scheduling an interview with me for it.

Is it typical to be asked for an interview for an I-131 AP? Or do you think this interview has something to do with my I-485 application?

Most probably your finger prints expired or biometric is not done. You just have to go their and show ur face... thats it... dont worry

Hey folks

Looks like now the EB3 (india) is going to be crawling instead of leaping. Only a month....What a waste of time

Newyorker012

NYC Transfers

Three of my friends got their cases transfered back to NYC, last week.

I know that PD hase to become current, but explain this:

There were four employees in my company who started the whole immigration process, long after me. As a matter of fact I was already approved by labor department when they started their cases. All of them have green cards for 6 months now, and I, I am still waiting, so I guess current PD is a PR trick as well as those transfers from NYC to VSC to speed up processing. People are being transfered back to NYC. But there is a huge press release that CIS is transfereing cases to VSC to speed up processing.

Andy

2nd Interview Scheduled Tomorrow at 26 Federal Plaza

I'm going with my friend for her second interview tomorrow at 10:30. She's in the "other workers" category. At the first interview the examiner/agent said everything was in order except that my friend's PD was 4/26/01 and at that point (last October) they were only working through an ealier PD.

I am hoping beyond hope that my friend will get her passport stamped tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

andy_nyc said:
Three of my friends got their cases transfered back to NYC, last week.

I know that PD hase to become current, but explain this:

There were four employees in my company who started the whole immigration process, long after me. As a matter of fact I was already approved by labor department when they started their cases. All of them have green cards for 6 months now, and I, I am still waiting, so I guess current PD is a PR trick as well as those transfers from NYC to VSC to speed up processing. People are being transfered back to NYC. But there is a huge press release that CIS is transfereing cases to VSC to speed up processing.

Andy

Hi - Do you have any idea for the transfer? Arrest records, employer issues, unauthorized employment, etc???

Anybody ......please help me.
My case was filed under 245 (i) in April 2001 (RIR)

My I140/485 was filed concurrently in Aug 2003, My I -140 was approved in May 2005, after denial of employer's ability to pay issue. I am glad we succeeded.
Now my question is about namecheck. Everywhere I look people are talking about name check pending. since my I-140 & 485 was filed only in Augu 2003, anybody has any idea about they were sent to FBI for namecheck and today I noticed in some thread that FBI are looking in year 2002 names. I enquired Customer service center (VSC) about my namecheck and they said, they do not have personal information, and send me a letter after one month that, they are closely watching visa bulletin, and will process once it is available. Am I done with the finger print. Anobdy has any idea. I am fed up with this long wait, my mother is sick, I did not see my son back in India for 7 years. It is too painful. Thank you, cannot sleep, too tired. My life is completely screwed up. I chose this....

Pls reply
Rainu

Rainu said:
Anybody ......please help me.
My case was filed under 245 (i) in April 2001 (RIR)

My I140/485 was filed concurrently in Aug 2003, My I -140 was approved in May 2005, after denial of employer's ability to pay issue. I am glad we succeeded.
Now my question is about namecheck. Everywhere I look people are talking about name check pending. since my I-140 & 485 was filed only in Augu 2003, anybody has any idea about they were sent to FBI for namecheck and today I noticed in some thread that FBI are looking in year 2002 names. I enquired Customer service center (VSC) about my namecheck and they said, they do not have personal information, and send me a letter after one month that, they are closely watching visa bulletin, and will process once it is available. Am I done with the finger print. Anobdy has any idea. I am fed up with this long wait, my mother is sick, I did not see my son back in India for 7 years. It is too painful. Thank you, cannot sleep, too tired. My life is completely screwed up. I chose this....

Pls reply
Rainu

Dear Rainu, I am realy sorry to hear you story. I have been waiting for 19 years for this green card and I am also 245i. Got my interview done at 26 fed. NYC May 05. The oficer said every things is OK for me and my wife but he needs more information on me which probably my name check. He also told us we should get it within 4-6 months. On October 05 our case got transfer to VSC and no news as of Now. What else you can do? Since your are 245i I would not leave the country until the green card is done. That's my openion. It's very very hard while your mom is sick and you have a son that you have not seen for 7 years. I have two kids but they are USC born here but I can not think for second in my life without them. Godbless you and all the best.

Dear Friend:

Thank you for your kind words. I know lot of people are waiting like us. Hope we will soon sunrise very soon.

Best of luck
Rainu