New York City Transfers

Newyorker012,

Did your and your spouse's case transfered back to VSC?
Did you get the interview letter from VSC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newyorker012 said:
Hi Folks

How is it going, Looks like we might have gotton an interview letter for my spouse (not me- the petitioner)

I like to know how to be prepared for it.

Q) Do we need to do the medicals again, the forms comes with the letter.
Q) What all documents are required and are suppose to be taken
Q) What official documents required for spouse & petitioner

Please post information by experience.

NewYorker012
Hi, your PD is 30APR01 EB3 worldwide? The letter says any reason why your wife got interview (i.e. arrest, courts, income tax, etc...)? The interview will be on Feb or next month?

Newyorker012,
iam confused. why u r spouse get interview letter, if both cases xfer to VSC. any thoughts, did u spoke to ur attorney.
let us know. intresting.
regards,

Hi All Friends

Looks like i have a lot of explanation to do here

Ok, I am the primary applicant and my spouse is a dependent. We receive a letter yesterday with her name on it for an interview, so my lawyer suggested that he will write to USCIS to get me an interview alongwith her,

My PD is 04/30/01 - India, RD Jan 03, 3 EAD's was waiting for interview from July 04 to November 05 in NYC federal Plaza then got transferred to VSC and surprisingly got a letter from NYC for an interview yesterday.

Guess what, I don't know how this works but this is what happened. Any suggestions!!!!

Newyorker012

Can you try to find a different address in New York? it is possible that when you move to Chicago the USCIS might transfer from VSC to whatever service center processes the midwest. Any transfer carries a lot of risk so my advise will be to try to avoid this by all means.

k12ven said:
We are cuurent now priority date 05/01/2001 , EB3 worldwide and our case had been tranferred from NY local office to VSC after the interview in NOv 2005.

Now our problem is that we have to change our address. Currently I am living in chicago I have mailing address set to one of my friend in nyc who is selling his house in few weeks. I have two options 1) I change my address to NJ 2) I change to Chicago where I live now . does anybody have any idea what will happen if I change to Chicago.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Newyorker012 said:
Hi All Friends

Looks like i have a lot of explanation to do here

Ok, I am the primary applicant and my spouse is a dependent. We receive a letter yesterday with her name on it for an interview, so my lawyer suggested that he will write to USCIS to get me an interview alongwith her,

My PD is 04/30/01 - India, RD Jan 03, 3 EAD's was waiting for interview from July 04 to November 05 in NYC federal Plaza then got transferred to VSC and surprisingly got a letter from NYC for an interview yesterday.

Guess what, I don't know how this works but this is what happened. Any suggestions!!!!

Newyorker012

New Yorker - this is somewhat shocking, and yet nothing can surprise me anymore. It is possible that the cases are reviwed and adjucated differently. so your case might be in VSC and your wife's they sent down to NY for an interview. My guess is that you do not need an interview. Best would be to consult an attorney.

Good news is that things are happening for you!!!!

k12ven said:
We are cuurent now priority date 05/01/2001 , EB3 worldwide and our case had been tranferred from NY local office to VSC after the interview in NOv 2005.

Now our problem is that we have to change our address. Currently I am living in chicago I have mailing address set to one of my friend in nyc who is selling his house in few weeks. I have two options 1) I change my address to NJ 2) I change to Chicago where I live now . does anybody have any idea what will happen if I change to Chicago.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi K12ven. I am 245i, got interview for me and my wife on May 05, Transfer to VSC after the interview. Now, says it will take 270 to 300 days. I sold my house and bought a new one. Sent all the AR 11 for both of US/ called the 800 number they confirmed my address change. Got a letter from 26 fed plaza. for the change of address. That's all I did. But I did not get any letter for the transfer to VSC. I found from LUD. Hope it helps.

Questions. Why they will transfer case back to VSC after the interview is done? I hope interview part is over for people like you me who alreday got interview done. What's your take?

HI gcnyc2005

I spoke to the lawyer and he said he will ask for a request to interview together. but yeah as you said things are starting to happen i guess. hope everything goes fine in the end. Thank You

Newyorker012

New Yorker:

My wife was granted an interview at NYC at the same time I was sent to VSC. It was a mistake by USCIS.

There is no way that a derivative applicant (your wife) can be assessed before the primary is approved. I think it is possible that in all this shuffling between VSC and NYC, there has been an error.

I would strongly suggest that you get an Infopass and go and talk to them about it.

Team,
my lud in i-485 has been updated with today's date, no status change.
no lud updates on spouse.
any idea on what'z going on.
regards,

I had an LUD change on Feb. 3rd -- no status message change, no LUD change since. :(

Details:

EB3 - PD: Current (Apr. 2001) - Country: Other
FP: Feb, 2005 - results recieved Mar. 28th, 2005

andy_nyc said:
It seems that cases transfered to VSC from Washington are beeing processed. I know of one more case that was transfered to VSC in December and just got transfered back to Washington.

Andy
Hello! how long you think VSC will take to process about 20000 GC cases that was transfered from NYC, WASH, BOSTON ? They just started now in February. :eek:
How many GC cases they process in one day?

VSC Processing

I think they are processing the cases. I know of a couple of cases that got LUD updates in Feb, but with no change in status. Two cases were transfered to Washington in Feb. But I do not know of any approvals. I will let you know if any of my friends get a LUD and message change or approval.

Andy

Hi Folks

Just to update that I also received the interview letter , better late then never. but the interview is scheduled on the same day and time as my spouse.

it will be on 04/12/06 and fingerprinting required on 03/25/06. So I guess since I am in the retrogressed country I stil have to wait after the interview for god knows how long?

Letz hope for the best as long as i get to see my parents by december i am fine

Newyorker012

Scanning the NYC,DC,Boston ----> VSC transfers...

Hi Guys,

Like many of you my case has also been transfered from Washington DC to the VSC center after a painful year wait. We clearly have no idea how these cases are being processed, how many they are processing a day or week and if any LUDs are changing on these cases.

So, I was thinking that we should have a tracker for these cases. I was inclined to post this in the NewYork thread coz I see more activity here. We could also try to get the DC and the boston people who are in the same boat to participate in this tracker.

Some of you might be aware that there is a way to scan a batch of EAC numbers against the USCIS servers and find most recent LUDs and message updates. This way I feel that by looking at the results we will know how many when and how these cases are being processed.

So if you guys think its good idea We will need to compile all these EAC numbers transfered from DC , NY and Boston to VSC and scan them 2/3 times a week and see what we find.

I used to do some scanning in 2004/2005 when my case was still in VSC before being transfered to DC office. I still have those files so if we could compile thse case numbers in a couple of files if they are many or in one if they are less than 100 and start scanning them.

I think we should have

1) EAC number.
2) Reciept/Notice dates.
3) DC, NY or Boston.
4) Priority dates and applicable region.
5) date it was transfered back to VSC.

for all the numbers we compile for scanning so that we can see the distribution on processing of these files wrt the above 5 variables.

I have a ttached a scan file where everone falling on this criteria can upload their info and post back on this thread.