New York City Transfers

LUD on my case

I was surprised to find out a LUD on my case on 2/19. I was under the impression that the LUDs are generated only from activities on my file in the VSC. Since my file was transfered back to NYC on 1/24, I thought that at this point there would be no more LUDs on the case status section in the USCIS website. Nevertheless, I went in to check, and saw it.

Does this mean anything? Are LUDs updated even when the case is at the local office?

Thanks.

Finger Print Notice Code 1

Hello all,

Today, I received notice for finger print appointment Code 1.

March 9, 2006 is the date.

Hope this time every clears.

Any idea how long it takes to get the result of finger print ?

what to expect now ?

Please pray for me.

Thank you.

As per the online status our case was transferrd to Boston local office on 10/18/2005 .But last week we received the FP notice & interview notice from NYC office . We have completed our FP in New Rochelle NY ASC on 02/21/2006 and will be attanding the interview in first week of April.

RLNY122004 said:
As per the online status our case was transferrd to Boston local office on 10/18/2005 .But last week we received the FP notice & interview notice from NYC office . We have completed our FP in New Rochelle NY ASC on 02/21/2006 and will be attanding the interview in first week of April.

This makes no sense to me. Your PD is not even current.

Wish you luck at the interview!

Akbari said:
Hello all,

Today, I received notice for finger print appointment Code 1.

March 9, 2006 is the date.

Hope this time every clears.

Any idea how long it takes to get the result of finger print ?

what to expect now ?

Please pray for me.

Thank you.

My wife gave fingerprints about a month ago. No change in online msg yet.

Spouse I485 denied, can she file another one?

Hi,

I filed I140/485 on 10/23/2003 in VSC. My wife filed I485 as dependent with me together. My I140 approved on 12/1/2004. Our I485 files were transfered to New York local on 12/8/2004.

On 11/22/05, my I485 was transfered back to VSC (local office transfered back to VSC around 8000 files to reduce backlog), but my wifes file was left at local office (by mistake) and got an interview letter. Because a medical emergency, she couldn't went for the interview and noticed local office as required (we have all the evidences, including doctor's letter and NYC local office time stamped paper). But we received a letter later that my wife's I130 application (it should be I485!) was denied because she didn't show up for interview and "refused" to inform local office. We filed a "Reconsider" application with all the evidences attached, and was told that it may take 2 - 3 years for a decision whether her file can be reopened. If during the waiting time, my I485 is approved, her case could be changed to "residence apply greencard for spouse", which means more waiting time.

my questions are:
1. Can she file another I485 at VSC and cancel the "reconsider" application?
2. Since my I485 is still pending, as dependent, can she file another I485 now ? or she has to wait for my I140 become current?
3. If she file another one, does she need to explain why and provide evidences or just file the regular way?

Thanks for all suggestions.

You can apply for "service motion" to reopen her case. keep all the documents handy and if you live in the city go to federal building personally and submit papers and get date stamp on your copy. it happened with my wife also she appeared for interview and same week we got duplicate notice she replied explaining saying that this may be duplicate notice. later that month she got denial notice...
Hope this is heplful
thanks

Hi folks

How is it going, whatz the progress among us. Anyone got an approval or any good news. Hopefully there will be a lot of good news in this thread very soon.

Newyorker012

Hey Friends

I have a question, I have a freind who is a 245 applicant and have his interview in may at new york local office.

The question is his wife and him got seperated but not yet divorced, he is the primary applicant and goes alone for the interview will he get in any problems and will he get his greencard by himself.

Please recommend options.

Newyorker012

The Immigration Depto is going to tell her the date for interview. They can set up you boths toghether on the same day/time and that is nothing you can change. Good luck!

Good news

Hey,

I have good news. It looks that VSC is starting to work on cases that were transfered. I wish you all an approval without an interview from VSC.

Andy

Hey guys as you know 10,000 cases were transfered from NYC to Vermont.
I just spoke to my laywer and he said even cases that were interviewed and
was stamp pending was also sent back now we have to wait to see if the
cases will be sent back to NYC for and interview even the lawyers are confused,when will this madness end.

ANDY300Z said:
Hey guys as you know 10,000 cases were transfered from NYC to Vermont.
I just spoke to my laywer and he said even cases that were interviewed and
was stamp pending was also sent back now we have to wait to see if the
cases will be sent back to NYC for and interview even the lawyers are confused,when will this madness end.

We had our interview done on may 05, officer told me, we should get it within 4-6 months because he needs more information on me and wrote NYC pending 245i on passport. On october 05 files got transfer to VSC but did not get any notice regarding the transfer. Still waiting & waiting & waiting it will be almost 20 years this November.

Today, 3 mo has been past from the transfer back date to VSC. I didn`t see any approval on any of this cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to a VSC rep this morning. She was nice and helpful and confirmed that if your PD is not current then the case will sit in a record center. Once the PD is current then processing begins. Which means that they might again decide to transfer back, issue an RFE, fingerpints, what not. Best case they will adjucate.

New York City Transfers : Hi, folks! this thread is very important to us. The first approval here will give us hope. Keep info with any detail.

gclord2002 said:
We had our interview done on may 05, officer told me, we should get it within 4-6 months because he needs more information on me and wrote NYC pending 245i on passport. On october 05 files got transfer to VSC but did not get any notice regarding the transfer. Still waiting & waiting & waiting it will be almost 20 years this November.

gclord2002 how did you find out your case was transfered because when i
called customer service yesterday they didnt no where the case was all they
have was the info on the USCIS online case tracking info that my case was
transfered from vermont to NYC on November 2004 she said that will put
a request into NYC to check status is it possible the case is still in NYC and
i am not sure if its a good thing or bad one.

gclord2002 said:

gclord2002 how did you find out your case was transfered because when i
called customer service yesterday they didnt no where the case was all they
have was the info on the USCIS online case tracking info that my case was
transfered from vermont to NYC on November 2004 she said that will put
a request into NYC to check status is it possible the case is still in NYC and
i am not sure if its a good thing or bad one and for me it will be 16 years fighting for a piece of paper just to travel to see my parents.