New York City Transfers

Hi

I think I have had enough of his waiting game. I now find my candian resident more valuable then this GC crap. seriously consiering now to move from this so called land od opportunity and work on some real opportunity, might get old sitting around here hehehe

Newyorker012

Hey gc2005NYC

It is well worth if any good opportunity comes your way. There is always an opportunity hidden somewhere

Newyorker012

Interview

Hello Friends,
Please pray for me, Tomorrow i am going to Federal Plaza for my I-485 interview.

Thanks,
Bilal Syed

Case Transfer

Hi everyone

I just got the notice that my case was transfered to the NYC local office. As it turns out it was already sent out there, but then came back to VSC with the large shipment of files (I wasn't even aware that this happened).

So now I'm officially with everyone else on this thread. The reason it was sent to the local office is likely to be a prior arrest (misdemeanor charge - no conviction - file expunged).

So how much time are we looking here now? At least another year?

Thanks, and good luck to all.

hi there -

good question but impossible to predict. many of us have waited >1year for an interview, only to see the cases transferred back to Vermont. Now it is becoming clear that cases will be send back to local office one more time.

hard to say whether this is good or bad. but everything just sucks. for all of us.

bsyed2000 said:
Hello Friends,
Please pray for me, Tomorrow i am going to Federal Plaza for my I-485 interview.

Thanks,
Bilal Syed

Hi there -

Hope the interview went well... Can you please post some details... Thanks.

Interview experience

My wife and I had interview in NYC office yesterday. It was scheduled at 11:30AM. We arrived there at 11:15AM and submitted the appointment letter. Around 14:30PM we were called in. The interview last only 15 mins. Double checked my address, birthday, Parents' names. and asked a copy of my job letter, one recent pay stub, and our daughter's birth certificate. That's it. I gave my 3rd FP on Jan. 7/06 and my background check was cleared. My wife's 2nd FP was expried after 15 months, so she was given the 3rd FP notice which was scheduled at 15:30 PM in the closest ASC (201 Varick St). So basically we completed what they wanted. Now I start to wait again for visa numbers .....

Interview

gc2005nyc said:
Hi there -

Hope the interview went well... Can you please post some details... Thanks.

Hello Friends,
Sorry for late response,
I got there at 8:30 Am and waited till 11 for my name to be called for interview.
Interview lasted only 5 minutes. He asked me which company I worked for and what do I do. Then he asked me for my passport and 2 pictures, and then my updated medical report.
He wrote down on my passport that pending section 245.
He said they received my Finger prints report but still waiting for my name check or background report from FBI, also he said that my visa number is also not available yet.
He said that I might have to come back later and if s then just brings your passport with I-94 and EAD. It took almost 5 min for whole process.

Let see what will happen and how long I have to wait more.
Bilal Syed

bsyed2000 said:
Hello Friends,
Sorry for late response,
I got there at 8:30 Am and waited till 11 for my name to be called for interview.
Interview lasted only 5 minutes. He asked me which company I worked for and what do I do. Then he asked me for my passport and 2 pictures, and then my updated medical report.
He wrote down on my passport that pending section 245.
He said they received my Finger prints report but still waiting for my name check or background report from FBI, also he said that my visa number is also not available yet.
He said that I might have to come back later and if s then just brings your passport with I-94 and EAD. It took almost 5 min for whole process.

Let see what will happen and how long I have to wait more.
Bilal Syed

I am also in the same situation as you. I am 245i had iour interview done May 05 in 26 fed. Officer wrote 245i pending on our passport and told us to wait because he needs more information on me. he also said I should get it within 3-6 months. But on oct, 05 our file got transfer to VSC and on line message says it will take 270 to 300 days to process this kind of case.

Best of luck

Transfer notice

Do they usually send a transfer notice or not? How can I check if my case was transfered? In what stage do transfers usually happens. The last I heard I got an RFE from Vermont. Does anyone knows what is the percentage of cases that get transfer from Vermont to NYC? What about the percentage of cases that require interview?
EB-3 rir, Employment base, retrogressed. Thanks.

Luiz said:
Do they usually send a transfer notice or not? How can I check if my case was transfered? In what stage do transfers usually happens. The last I heard I got an RFE from Vermont. Does anyone knows what is the percentage of cases that get transfer from Vermont to NYC? What about the percentage of cases that require interview?
EB-3 rir, Employment base, retrogressed. Thanks.

Yes, you would get a notice if your case is transferred. If you are not sure whether it's transferred call the NSC (1-800-375-5283) and inquire. If you received an RFE then your case is in VSC. Hard to say what cases get transferred to the local office, esp now since the rules have changed.

Hi Folks

No new info yet, Although i called the VSC and well as usual they are dissapointing, told me that it will take another 11 months to process my case cause the date when it got transferred back to vermont is the new processing date, so hey I guess there was no point arguing with the help desk. Anyways I think it sucks and i don't like it here anymore.

These people here try to solve injustice in the whole world, yeah right, y don't they check their own backyard first and talk about being unfair themselves. Anyways all the best to everyone here waiting and keep things updated....Ciao

Newyorker012

Case updates

Hi,

Is any one getting LUD updates on their cases. I know that some cases transferred in December 2005 are getting updates, but I do not know if it means anything.

Guys can you post your case numbers, just the first numbers?

Mine is EAC0301******

In this way we can see how spread are the cases.

BTW, I am pissed people who applied for papers 2 year after me have GCs in their hands.

Immigrants build this country, and keep it going, and we are threaded worse than prisoners. Sociological warfare