New York City Transfers

gc2005nyc said:
This is an extract from the latest Murthy Bulletin.

NSC : When I-485 Priority Dates become Current

A December 15, 2005 AILA business liaison conference with the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) resulted in answers to a number of questions. One of the matters addressed is particularly noteworthy for many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers; namely, "What happens to pending I-485s (Applications for Adjustment of Status), when their priority dates become current?"

Visa Cutoff Dates Can Change Monthly

As our regular readers are aware, there are large numbers of I-485 Applications that cannot be approved because there are no available visa numbers. The availability of visa numbers is variable month to month, as reflected in the most recent U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin, which can always be found on MurthyDotCom. [See our most recent MurthyBulletin article regarding the forward movement of visa numbers, Visa Bulletin Issued for January 2006 (December 6, 2005).] Given the potential for forward movement in the Visa Bulletin cutoff dates each month, the question arises, "How do the Service Centers, including NSC, identify those I-485 cases that have available visa numbers and therefore are eligible for approval?"

Case Identification Procedure

The NSC Records Division conducts a series of "sweeps" each month when they get the Visa Bulletin. They search for those cases that have current priority dates, given the particular employment-based category and the country of chargeability of the particular case. Once identified, if the case has valid security checks, it is properly routed for assignment to an adjudications officer.

NSC is constantly conducting sweeps of cases that are on hold due to retrogression (the non-availability of visa numbers) to make sure that the security checks are viable. It is not possible to predict how long any particular case will take once the priority date becomes available. We would note, however, that an immediate decision should not be expected, because the availability of the date triggers the assignment to the adjudications officer, who then must conduct the file review. At this time, the NSC states that they have sufficient resources to distribute all of the eligible I-485s each month for adjudication.

Conclusion

We thank the NSC for this insight into their procedures. Hopefully, all I-485s with current priority dates will be readily identified and adjudicated at NSC and the other USCIS Service Centers, without the need for excessive external prompting.
Most of the applicant filed in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 are pending due to namecheck/FBI/CIA background checks. DOS/USCIs will not and should not adjudicate any application even if PD is current. DOS/USCIS will strictly follow PD rule for adjudication.

case transfered to VSC from nyc

i-485 filed for me& husband under his EB3p.d. oct 2004, was transfered to NYC in july 2005, on nov 22 2005 husbands was transfered to vsc, mine still shows no new LUD, just called immigration, & was told , coz his isunder employment based& vermonts doing cases of dec 2004, i should expect his reply anyday, & coz i am under my husnads labor app, i will remain in NYC coz im under i-130 & thats processing jan 1st 2003 so well, we wait& watch.

Ead

My husband's case was transferred to NYC in Dec 2004, then it got transferred back in Nov, but I don't know where, since we didn't get any notice, and the online message doesn't say where it is exactly. He will need to apply his 4th EAD soon, and we don't know where to send the application. Any idea?

patu999 said:
My husband's case was transferred to NYC in Dec 2004, then it got transferred back in Nov, but I don't know where, since we didn't get any notice, and the online message doesn't say where it is exactly. He will need to apply his 4th EAD soon, and we don't know where to send the application. Any idea?
send it to vermont service center ,i did and got - approved within 2weeks .thanks

jhawilla said:
I`M WAITING FOR THE VISA BULETIM FOR FEBRUARY TO SEE IF MY PD WILL BECOME CURRENT. MY PD IS APRIL 26, 2001. I JUST GOT TRANSFERRED BACK TO VSC...WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?
I didn't make it clear before to whom I was replying - but my friend's PD is 04/01 as well. She had her interview at Federal Plaza on October 26th.

forlucy said:
I didn't make it clear before to whom I was replying - but my friend's PD is 04/01 as well. She had her interview at Federal Plaza on October 26th.
IS YOUR FRIEND AN EB3 CLASS? SHE WAS INTREVIWED, BUT DIDN`T GET ANY GC, RIGHT? WHERE IS HER CASE NOW, IN NYC OR VSC?

Ead

Patu 99,

you can file with Vermont. I did the same and got it processed pretty quickly.

i also was under the impression about filing with chicago and i had questions to different attorneys and one of them said chicago and the other one vermont. both locations are fine but i would go with vermont.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update -- interview letter

I got an automatic email update, saying on Jan. 3 my wife’s case was transferred back to NYC for them to conduct an interview. My interview was scheduled on Jan. 24, hopefully they will send my wife’s interview letter soon and conduct our interviews together. By the way, I am getting help from our local congressman (see my recent posts).

jhawilla said:
IS YOUR FRIEND AN EB3 CLASS? SHE WAS INTREVIWED, BUT DIDN`T GET ANY GC, RIGHT? WHERE IS HER CASE NOW, IN NYC OR VSC?
She's "other workers." I went with her to her interview and they said she was all set, just needed to wait for a Visa number. This was in October and the then PD for "other workers" was 10/01/00. They said they would have her in first to stamp her passport when the number became available and the GC would get mailed after that. Her case is in NYC - I haven't heard anything about it getting transferred.

forlucy said:
She's "other workers." I went with her to her interview and they said she was all set, just needed to wait for a Visa number. This was in October and the then PD for "other workers" was 10/01/00. They said they would have her in first to stamp her passport when the number became available and the GC would get mailed after that. Her case is in NYC - I haven't heard anything about it getting transferred.
Did she have any LUD changes in December?
What country did she came from?

Does anyone know the congressman's office number??

Anyone know how to contact the congressman's office?

My case was interviewed on Aug. 2004, pending due to backgroud checking. One year and 4 months, heard nothing from them. I visited Federal Plaza via info pass several times, but no any result. Don't know what to do. Would like to try the congressman's office, need help with the phone number. Thanks!

trij said:
Anyone know how to contact the congressman's office?

My case was interviewed on Aug. 2004, pending due to backgroud checking. One year and 4 months, heard nothing from them. I visited Federal Plaza via info pass several times, but no any result. Don't know what to do. Would like to try the congressman's office, need help with the phone number. Thanks!

I had my interview done, May 05 at 26, officer wrote pending NYC and told me need more information about me but should hear from them within 3-5 months. It has been 7 months no news. Now, I see my case has been transfer to VSC on october 05 ant it will take 270 to 300 days to complete. God help us all.

Hey goankar & friends

How is it going, Sorry yaar, no updates on any front. I called up the VSC Rep and she told me to file for expedite request after I finish two months of transfer. But I don't think it will do any damage to these freaks sitting on our lives and enjoying their so called american dream.

Well anyways i have not lost hope yet, All is not lost yet. In a moment of glory a well wisher asked me to also file for canadian permanent resident status which i am sincerely considering at this point as a backup plan..

Let see what is next.. Keep this thread active freinds

Newyorker012

newyorker - can you post some details on how to send an expedite request? who do we send it to? fax? regular VSC address?

thanks.

GC2005nyc,can u pls post your rd/pd/nd details.

let us know what other rfe's that you rec'd from VSC.

regards,