New York City Transfers

I disagree that we are going to have to wait for a year. I think the wait times given to us were automated; the truth may be very different.

The whole purpose of this transfer was to have VSC evaluate for the purpose of speeding the process up. Also, remember that VSC is processing I-485's from 12/04. By being transferred, our RDs do not change, so we are all well beyond the 30 days overdue.

I think we will see VSC starting to deal with our cases fairly rapidly.

Hey Kanus

I hope you are right, cause the processing time they have provided us in the case status differs for different people, Mine says 365 to 540 days, what does your say, I am sure there are other people whose status says different. If they wanted to process this quickly they would have said 90 to 180 days ot lesser, why a year or more???

Newyorker012

I am with Kanus on this. They normally put the same processing time because that is a standard processing time. It does not mean much.

Past 30 day processing time

I suggest that everyone who got transferred to Vermont from NYC submit a compliant by calling 800 number, because it is 30 days past their official processing date

I also suggest we submit an open letter to Amnesty International with complaint, because in my opinion misleading people for 10 years is a human rights violation.

Remember that transferring cases back to Vermont means noting, it is nothing more that a bureaucracy trick, because if the case evaluation rules have not changed, our cases will be transferred again to NYC for interview. If I am not mistaken CIS has guidelines for processing cases that their employees have to follow and if those guidelines has not changed our cases will be transferred again to NYC, and again to Vermont and again.

Hey Kanus/Andy/gc2005NYc and all my freinds

Let me tell you something, Transfers to vermont means nothing related to faster processing, I agree to andy, Trust me you any of these guys here just took congressional help by writing to senator, but I have letters people you wouldn't even believe who I wrote to about this, lets just say you can't go any higher then those guys, and the reply from all those was.. Oh it is taking time for background check / pending and active . and it will take it's own sweet time

Newyorker012

Newyorker and all,
Is it advisable to call customer service and initiate status inquiry on 485.
I have done 30 days ago and no reply's.
pls let me know.
regards,

goankar said:
Newyorker and all,
Is it advisable to call customer service and initiate status inquiry on 485.
I have done 30 days ago and no reply's.
pls let me know.
regards,
Wait a little more!
I initiated status inquiry by calling customer service on Nov 1, they told someone should contact me within 30 days, and received a response on Dec 15-16, a letter from local office (nothing new: case pending due to security check).
Looks like if case is in local office, it takes a little longer.

Hey folks

so finally they approved the S.1932 but without the 8001 & 8002 that is we got screwed. No visa recapture or H1B provisions & no provision for 1 visa for the whole family. so I guess we have quite some time to wait for our PD's to get current. as they said in the movie--Long Live America & everone else....yeah right

newyorker012

Team,

Any news. Applied EAD, AP in October @ VSC. Still waiting on inputs.

Pls keep this thread alive.

Happy Holidays to all.

Regards,

Anyone recently called VSC 4 status inquiry ?

Any idea what they are doing with the cases just got transferred back to them ?

Last week, when I called, the rep. told me that it will take minimum of 3 months before they start handling these cases.

Anyone else received such response ? Any other response?

Thank you.

Hey Folks

How come everyone is quiet around here, so what if we don't have a movement atleast we wre in it for a fight . Cheer up

Newyorker012

Guys, do you know whether there is going to be an issue if the 485 is approved while you are out of the country at the time of approval? i travel quite a bit for business and would like to be aware of the risks.

thanks.

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Folks

How come everyone is quiet around here, so what if we don't have a movement atleast we wre in it for a fight . Cheer up

Newyorker012
I`M WAITING FOR THE VISA BULETIM FOR FEBRUARY TO SEE IF MY PD WILL BECOME CURRENT. MY PD IS APRIL 26, 2001. I JUST GOT TRANSFERRED BACK TO VSC...WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?

Case Transfer to VSC and Interview

I am little bit confused because my case was transferred back to VSC on 16th of November but after a week I received a interview letter from Federal Plaza for 24th of January. I am not sure if it is an error from Federal plaza staff or its real interview call. Let see and I will know for sure on 24th of January.
Bilal

Your feedback very important. Please post soon after your interview .. PLEASE

bsyed2000 said:
I am little bit confused because my case was transferred back to VSC on 16th of November but after a week I received a interview letter from Federal Plaza for 24th of January. I am not sure if it is an error from Federal plaza staff or its real interview call. Let see and I will know for sure on 24th of January.
Bilal

bsyed2000 said:
Bilal

It is probably an error; I had a somewhat similar situation when my wife received an interview notice two days before I was tranferred to VSC.

I would suggest that you get an Infopass appointment and go and speak to them. They will send you up to Room 800, and you should be seen pretty quickly. When we did that, we were in and out in 45 minutes. And yes, it was an error.

If it is an error, they might be able to pull your file and fix the whole thing up there and then. Then you wouldn't have to go to the interview, which involves getting all the required documents together.

Bear in mind that about a week before your interview date, your file gets "pipelined" and can't be accessed. So go ASAP.

When PD Becomes Current - Then What?

This is an extract from the latest Murthy Bulletin.

NSC : When I-485 Priority Dates become Current

A December 15, 2005 AILA business liaison conference with the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) resulted in answers to a number of questions. One of the matters addressed is particularly noteworthy for many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers; namely, "What happens to pending I-485s (Applications for Adjustment of Status), when their priority dates become current?"

Visa Cutoff Dates Can Change Monthly

As our regular readers are aware, there are large numbers of I-485 Applications that cannot be approved because there are no available visa numbers. The availability of visa numbers is variable month to month, as reflected in the most recent U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin, which can always be found on MurthyDotCom. [See our most recent MurthyBulletin article regarding the forward movement of visa numbers, Visa Bulletin Issued for January 2006 (December 6, 2005).] Given the potential for forward movement in the Visa Bulletin cutoff dates each month, the question arises, "How do the Service Centers, including NSC, identify those I-485 cases that have available visa numbers and therefore are eligible for approval?"

Case Identification Procedure

The NSC Records Division conducts a series of "sweeps" each month when they get the Visa Bulletin. They search for those cases that have current priority dates, given the particular employment-based category and the country of chargeability of the particular case. Once identified, if the case has valid security checks, it is properly routed for assignment to an adjudications officer.

NSC is constantly conducting sweeps of cases that are on hold due to retrogression (the non-availability of visa numbers) to make sure that the security checks are viable. It is not possible to predict how long any particular case will take once the priority date becomes available. We would note, however, that an immediate decision should not be expected, because the availability of the date triggers the assignment to the adjudications officer, who then must conduct the file review. At this time, the NSC states that they have sufficient resources to distribute all of the eligible I-485s each month for adjudication.

Conclusion

We thank the NSC for this insight into their procedures. Hopefully, all I-485s with current priority dates will be readily identified and adjudicated at NSC and the other USCIS Service Centers, without the need for excessive external prompting.