New York City Transfers

Maybe you still remember that my case (primary applicant) still remains in NYC while my wife's I-485 was trnasferred back to VSC in Nov. I talked with USCIS customer service representative yesterday, the lady recommended me to ask NYC to transfer my I-485 to VSC. I didn't want to go there with info pass, so I wrote a letter to our congressman. Today a lady in his office called me, telling me that I was scheduled to have an interview in Jan. 2006, but the appointment letter was sent to my previous address and of course it was returned. I don't know what they will do with my case --- resend the interview letter to my current address or cancel the interview and transfer my case to VSC. I was asked to call back next week to find out NYC's decision. I will update then.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed CH IN ME PH
Employment-Based
1st C 01JAN02 01JUL03 C C
2nd C 01JUN01 01JAN01 C C
3rd 01APR01 01APR01 01JUN99 01MAR01 01APR01
:p we will get there!
my pd is April, 26 2005 - EB3
two mo ago was 01MAR01
a mo ago was 15MAR01
jan 2006 - 01APR01

Job

Hello All,
I need one advice from all of you; my case was transfer back to Vermont from NYC on November 16 2005.
I applied under 245i labor certification, I have a valid EAD, I am computer engineer and currently I am getting few very good offers from diffrent companies, please advice should I accept any of the offer or wait for my green card first, if I accept this offer what do I need to do to fulfill legal paper or requirement.
Thanks,
Bilal

NY-NIW said:
Maybe you still remember that my case (primary applicant) still remains in NYC while my wife's I-485 was trnasferred back to VSC in Nov. I talked with USCIS customer service representative yesterday, the lady recommended me to ask NYC to transfer my I-485 to VSC. I didn't want to go there with info pass, so I wrote a letter to our congressman. Today a lady in his office called me, telling me that I was scheduled to have an interview in Jan. 2006, but the appointment letter was sent to my previous address and of course it was returned. I don't know what they will do with my case --- resend the interview letter to my current address or cancel the interview and transfer my case to VSC. I was asked to call back next week to find out NYC's decision. I will update then.

Please see what happened in my case (although in mine it was the primary that was sent back to VSC). My guess from all that was said to me is that your I-485 will be sent back to VSC.

Please Advice!!!

Hi All,

Our case (I485, EB3) was transfered to NYC for interview. And we had our interview in October, 2005 but interview officer could not stamp our passports because of unavailability of visa.

Now I just found out that our case has been transfered back to Vermont service center. I called the 800 number and spoke to a person there. They said I will get a written notice soon. I just want to find out if anybody is in the same situation and if they have received any notice yet?

Our priority date is April 30, 2001. Anybody has any idea how long it will take them to issue visa for us?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
K12ven

Team,
I spoke to cust serv rep regarding pending i485. last month, i have initiated status enquiry, still now no reply. i need to wait 30 days to initiate another one. thought of updating to the group.
regards,

Hey All
Any updates with any approvals for people who transferred to VSC. GOD.. Gimme some good news someone.. I am getting tired of this. I am going to migrate to canada if this persists for long.. what sayy people...

Newyorker012

I called the congressman's office today, the lady talked with NYC office and then told me that my wife's I-485 will be asked back to NYC, and we will be interviewed together at the end of Jan. Let's see what will happen, and I will monitor my wife's on-line status closely. There are too many uncertainties around, I would like to wait until I see the appointment letters for both of us. I will keep update here.

k12ven said:
Hi All,

Our case (I485, EB3) was transfered to NYC for interview. And we had our interview in October, 2005 but interview officer could not stamp our passports because of unavailability of visa.

Now I just found out that our case has been transfered back to Vermont service center. I called the 800 number and spoke to a person there. They said I will get a written notice soon. I just want to find out if anybody is in the same situation and if they have received any notice yet?

Our priority date is April 30, 2001. Anybody has any idea how long it will take them to issue visa for us?

Thanks
K12ven

Hi K12ven, I had my interview done on month of May 05 ins officeer said we should get it in 2-4 months now our case got transfer to VSC on october.

k12ven said:
Hi All,

Thanks
K12ven

Hi K12ven, What is your online status says. our said it will take 270 to 300 days to process this kind of case. Very very sad.
thanks

Interview letter

Hello Friends,
If all of you remember that my case was transfer back to Vermont on 18th of November and my letter said that it will take 120 to 180 days to process this type of case.
Today I received the mail and it has a Interview letter for me at NYC on 24th of January.
Is this normal or error from NYC as my file is transfer back to Vermont, I am going to call Vermont service center 800 to find out,
I will appreciate any input from any of you.
Thanks,
Bilal

Gcloard2002

Our status says:

On November 16, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Question:
Did you or anybody else receive a transfer notice from service center in mail?

Thanks,
K12ven

k12ven said:
Gcloard2002

Our status says:

On November 16, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Question:
Did you or anybody else receive a transfer notice from service center in mail?

Thanks,
K12ven

I changed my address 2 months after my interview and did a update with ar11 called the 800 number and got a letter from 26 confirming the new address. But last month I checked online with my eac number and got this update. Therefore, to make the long story short, I did not get any transfer letter from 26fed. or from vermont service center.
-Thanks

Hi Folks

I guess no letters were sent out, but I guess they will take atleast a year or more to process the cases which were transferred to VSC. These people at USCIS are there to make our lives miserable i guess. But every dog has it's day and we will have ours inevitably.

Newyorker012

The congressman's office told me that my interview date would also be on Jan. 24, but the letter had sent out to my old address when she called NYC office. So I had to wait additional days, they asked me to call back if I don't get the mail in two weeks. But I will be on vacation till Jan.1, so I will let you guys know then.