New York City Transfers

Good Morning All

So, I hope everyone had a great weekend hopefully, I was wondering if the cases are transferred back to VSC should we be expecting to get the GC's without any interviews, or who knows. Secondly when are they cases started to be worked on since PD is not current, are the cases will still be on hold there at the VSC. Does anyone know ????

Newyorker012

Now that we have been transferred back to VSC, I think there will not be interviews. When I spoke with the woman at VSC, she said that cases were transferred back "if they met certain criteria." I took that to mean that they were transferred if they were fairly straightforward.

She also said that they were transferred back to VSC to "reduce backlogs." All of us had the oldest RD's at NYC ... they were up to 12/02, so people with RD's much before ours have already been interviewed.

I think the idea was for our cases to be transferred up to VSC to be processed quickly.

Bear in mind that our RD's have not changed. VSC is supposed to be processing 12/04, so we are all now well past the 30 days behind! Thus, I think we are all entitled to call up and say, "My RD is 2/03, and you are processing 12/04 .... when will I be done?"

If they do process us quickly, then being transferred up to VSC might have been a blessing in disguise.

Hey Kanus,

I hope what you said is true, My RD is 01/10/03 & I hope that like myself many others gete their GC asap, cause I am all tired of waiting for this.

Please if anyone has any information on our great cases please put it on the board. Thanks

Newyorker012

Trasferred Cases to Vermont - UPDATE

Hi all... My immigration attorney sent me a note from AILA confirming that 10,000 employment based cases have been transferred back from New York to Vermont Service Center... to assess whether under the most current guidelines interviews can be waived. It is believed that a significant number of those cases will be adjudicated at the VSC, but others can be re-sent back to the District office.

Let's hope everyone's case gets adjucated.

gc2005nyc said:
Hi all... My immigration attorney sent me a note from AILA confirming that 10,000 employment based cases have been transferred back from New York to Vermont Service Center... to assess whether under the most current guidelines interviews can be waived. It is believed that a significant number of those cases will be adjudicated at the VSC, but others can be re-sent back to the District office.

Let's hope everyone's case gets adjucated.

Hey GC200nyc, why NYC transfered case to VSC after interview were done? any idea.

-Thanks

I don't know. My guess is that they took a cut of all pending cases with certain RD and sent them back. I don't think they did a careful evaluation of 10,000 cases to determine which ones are eligible.

Unless every case has a reason code for transfer and under the revised guidelines for approval some of the cases could now be approved without an interview.

BUT THIS IS ALL A GUESS. I WISH I COULD BE MORE HELPFUL.

gc2005nyc said:
I don't know. My guess is that they took a cut of all pending cases with certain RD and sent them back. I don't think they did a careful evaluation of 10,000 cases to determine which ones are eligible.

Unless every case has a reason code for transfer and under the revised guidelines for approval some of the cases could now be approved without an interview.

BUT THIS IS ALL A GUESS. I WISH I COULD BE MORE HELPFUL.

Thanks GC2005NYC.

Any one in this board with 245i/had interview done in NYC but got transfer to VSC recently? TIf so please post details

thanks

gclord2002 said:
Thanks GC2005NYC.

Any one in this board with 245i/had interview done in NYC but got transfer to VSC recently? TIf so please post details

thanks
i am 245i applicant - no interview but my case also got transfer back to vsc ,even my i485 was recently transfered from vsc to nyc 1st week of july 2005.i field my i485 in the 2nd week of april 2005. i think nobody knows what they are going to do with these cases. thanks.

Infopass update

We went for an Infopass appointment today. If you recall, my I-485 was transferred back to VSC, but my wife's stayed in NYC, and she was given an interview date for 12/7. It made no sense, because I am the primary applicant, and there is no way that a derivative can be approved without hte primary.

The Infopass process was very painless. Went in the 3rd floor, waited about 5 minutes to see someone, and then they redirected us to the 8th floor, where we only had to wait another 5 minutes. The IO we talked to was very pleasant and very helpful.

She confirmed that it was a mistake that our application had become separated. She tried to find a way to pull my wife's I-485, but it was already committed to being viewed on 12/7 and inaccessible, so after doing everything she could, she said the only safe thing was to show up for the interview, explain the situation, and they would redirect my wife's I-485 to VSC to be joined with mine.

From what she was saying, it sounded like pretty much ALL EB I-485s had been sent back to VSC. I asked her if she had any idea how long it would take at VSC, but she didn't know.

Team,

Last update date on our I-485 apps been changed to today's date, but status not been updated. It is the same old msg.

Any insight in to it.

Regards,

My wife's I-485 was transferred back to VSC on Nov. 18. The LUD was changed to today's date, too. Mine (primary) still stays in NYC, .....

Hey goankar

Whatz happening friend, Well even my status changed to today's date the the damn message is still the same, I guess they are updating theier files, I am not getting my hopes high for any approval yet. Had lots of hopes with these past months but I guess I am prepared for it this time. Hopefully we come out of this trauma real soon. All the best every one. keep updating the forum for any new information.

Thank You

Newyorker012

No, the message keeps the same. Maybe they are relocating the files from one place to another. Who knows? I am not expecting something exciting at this time after so long wait.

guys, one morning we are going to wake up, check our emails and see our approvals sitting in the inbox. then we will find something else to worry about.

cheers!

Guys - Just some random thoughts...So based on the latest information released from AILA, as well as the Murthy bulletin, there is still a potential for major issues with the transferred 485 cases. VSC will review whether the cases are approvable without an interview, on whatever basis, and they might decide AGAIN that they have to send them back. So it all begins again at the district office. However, there is no way of knowing in which bucket we fall. We find out either when they issue an approval or when you get the dreaded transfer notice.

This is the worst case. I am not trying to be pessimistic but rather to have a more realistic view of the possible scenarios.

To summarize, it is not OVER until it's OVER. At least today is Friday. Happy weekend everyone!

what happens next

Mine's The Same. What Happens Next

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My i485 was send to local NY office on June 17 2005. On web site it was updated, telling that your file has been sent to ny office for them to conduct an interview, and we recieved the notice also telling we will soon call you for interview.Waited and waited. Just checking for updates online. I entered my eac #, it says .On nov 6 2005, We have recieved your file for change of status 485 etc etc, it takes 365 to 540 days to process such kind of case. we will mail you the decision as soon as it is made. I can not understand why they send the file back to Vermont Service Center. please help if somebody knows about this procedure.