New York City Transfers

Hey Folks

Howz everthing going with you all.. On my end there is no reply yet. Wish everyone all the best for their interview letter

Newyorker012

Called VSC Today..

I called VSC today and found out that my case along with 6k to 7k cases were transferred back to VSC !!!!

The representative told me that they have separate office handling those cases and are being put in the system again. Processing will begin shortly.

She told me that my name check is still pending (since September 2003 !) and advised me to email (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) to ask them to look into this.

Also, she told me that we will get letter for finger printing soon after they put the case back into the system. :mad:

So, the tunnel got more longer for me eventhough my PD will become current in December ! PRAY FOR ME. THANK YOU.

Akbari - no need to lose hope. I think this change is for the better. At least you will not have to deal with an interview and besides VSC seems to be approving cases in a more consistent way then their brethren in New York.

When you say 6-7K cases transferred back to Vermont - are those New York cases or NorthEastern region as a whole? Did they indicate reason for transferring back? Sometimes they send them to local office to "expedite" processing, only to return them back several months later. Hopefully your PD will put you on top of the list.

Important thing is not to lose sleep over anything you can't control. Yes, some others got luckier than all of us but in the end of the day everything zeroes out. Our luck will manifest itself in a different way, hopefully bigger than a plastic card.

Keep your chin up!

6k-7k altogether. Thank you for nice morale boosting message. May God Bless you.

Amen.

She said that there was a rule change or a directive a month or so ago about limiting the transfer of the cases

gc2005nyc said:
Akbari - no need to lose hope. I think this change is for the better. At least you will not have to deal with an interview and besides VSC seems to be approving cases in a more consistent way then their brethren in New York.

When you say 6-7K cases transferred back to Vermont - are those New York cases or NorthEastern region as a whole? Did they indicate reason for transferring back? Sometimes they send them to local office to "expedite" processing, only to return them back several months later. Hopefully your PD will put you on top of the list.

Important thing is not to lose sleep over anything you can't control. Yes, some others got luckier than all of us but in the end of the day everything zeroes out. Our luck will manifest itself in a different way, hopefully bigger than a plastic card.

Keep your chin up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed the steps exactly...Good luck.

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

question about visa after NYC (Federal Plaza) interview

My friend had her interview on October 26th to adjust status, to which I accompanied her. She's applying to adjust status under an 245i petition. The examiner said her file was now complete and wrote on her passport that the 245i was pending, BUT said she'd have to wait for her visa number to become availalbe. My friend unfortunately is applying as "other workers" where the Priority Date has been stuck on October 1, 2000 for a long while. My friend's PD is April 21, 2001.

Do any of you have any experience with approved files waiting for visa numbers? Is this a hopeless wait? My friend hasn't been home since 1995 and I really want her to be able to make a visit soon.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Also, I should say that the interviewer (a youngish, blonde, thin woman) was extremely kind and helpful.

What To Do..

1. My name is not cleared since September 2003
What to do ? ( I wrote email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov inquiring about it)

2. What to do next ? Wait ?

3. Hypothetically, if Name Check Shows Record :(
what to do ?

I will appreciate input. Thank you.

OUR CASES HAVE BEEN TRANSTERED BACK TO VSC. tHE OFFICER IN THE CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE TOLD ME THAT WE MIGHT NOT NEED THE INTERVIEW. Our cases transfered to Missouri on Dec2003, transfered to the NYC on Dec2004. Transfered to VSC Nov. 2005

case transfer back to vermont from NYC

Hello Friends,

Since June 2004 my case was in NYC regional office, it was transferred from Vermont. I applied my I-485 in March 2003.

I received case update from USCIS saying that

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

On November 16, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Please any one tell me what that suppose to be, is this some thing Negative or Positive for my case.

Thanks,
Bilal

o m g.. I received the same email. as I posted

about 6k-7k was transferred back to VSC.

Bilal, you are lucky that your email says 120-180 days. The email that I receive says.. it takes 365-580 days to process such application !!!!

So, for you, at the best 3-5 months we will get result. May be GC for those who have PD current. Please pray for me. My PD is current, however, the name check is still pending. and God knows how long they will take to handle my case !?

Good luck to all.

bsyed2000 said:
Hello Friends,

Since June 2004 my case was in NYC regional office, it was transferred from Vermont. I applied my I-485 in March 2003.

I received case update from USCIS saying that

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

On November 16, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Please any one tell me what that suppose to be, is this some thing Negative or Positive for my case.

Thanks,
Bilal

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I am wondering is that since the day I applied for my I-140 and I-485 I never had any fingerprints yet.
Is this normal?
Bilal

This is Forlucy,
Your friend applied under I245 and had her interview .Was she working with the sponsoring company or some one else.Could u pls post the interview too,how it went.
Thanks

Has Anybody Filed AC21 Docs?

Hello Guys,

Need help on filing AC21.

When shoul I fuile it? before joining the new employer or after joining?

What are the documents required?

where to file?

Thanks.

Akbari,
When did your case transferred back to VSC ?.
Has your online message changed ?
How many days between exact date of transfer and message + email ?

thanks

Akbari said:
about 6k-7k was transferred back to VSC.

Bilal, you are lucky that your email says 120-180 days. The email that I receive says.. it takes 365-580 days to process such application !!!!

So, for you, at the best 3-5 months we will get result. May be GC for those who have PD current. Please pray for me. My PD is current, however, the name check is still pending. and God knows how long they will take to handle my case !?

Good luck to all.

Hey Folks

I have been reading these transfer back to VSC messages. How true is it cause I called up and spoke to and officer at NYC Federal plaza and he said nothing like this have been done as yet.. Can Anyone confirm the source of this information

Newyorker012

About the transfer...

About 15 days ago.. first week of november, I ask one of my friend who has a contact in IT department of NY fed plaza to find out about my case. He told me then that the file was transferred back to Vermont.

And on Nov 14, I called VSC to find out if that was the case. The lady who was helping me told me that there are about 7k file trasferred back to them. And she told me that there is a separate back office putting those back in the system.

And on Nov 16, I received email confirming that the file is with VSC. Online status is indicating that they received my application on Nov 16, 2005 and it is taking 365/540 days to process such application.

My concern was the original date of receipt printed on receipt notice. One of the forum member reported yesterday that the original date of receipt is not changed. He called the VSC to verify. What a relief !

Thanks Akbari,

My wife's file was transferred on 10/28 right after my interview and she has not received any email nor online message has changed.

Princeknp,

If your file is pending at 26 Fed plaza then you would need to take AC21 documents in the interview i.e EVL and AC21 letter(s). Key is that your job duties should be same or similar and I 485 should have been pending for 180 days. I would suggest you to contact a good attorney to prepare your portability case.

Hi Guys, this is my story, I had mine interview done on May 05, officer said very thing looks good but need to check more info and wrote pending NYC. Before, I left the room I ask the officer how long it will take ? and he said I should get it by 2-3 months or may be by August. Recently, I found my backbroud check was cleared and I ask my lawyer how long it will take to get the approval notice? My laywer said may be 2-3 more months since it's a matter of entering the information and sending the approval letter. So far on my ONLINE message were saying about the transfer to NYC office until today I saw this

" On October, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete".

Question? Any one had this type of message after the interview was done? What is this mean? Is it going to take another year now? Oh lord help us all.

-Thanks

Interview is usually to remedy any missing link..

That is what I learnt from the lady I spoke with when I called VSC. If all checks were cleared by the time of your interview, you would have got approved and stamped right then. Even after all checks comes in .. two things can happen (my belief )

1. If they go by PD then they may approve or keep it pending your case depending on your PD.
2. If the visa no. was assigned already to your case when interviewed, you will simply get notice of approval etc.

I may not be right. Check with others. But pray that you get the approval letter soon. Meanwhile, you can ask senator or Congress person of your area to inquire on your behalf. Good luck.

gclord2002 said:
Hi Guys, this is my story, I had mine interview done on May 05, officer said very thing looks good but need to check more info and wrote pending NYC. Before, I left the room I ask the officer how long it will take ? and he said I should get it by 2-3 months or may be by August. Recently, I found my backbroud check was cleared and I ask my lawyer how long it will take to get the approval notice? My laywer said may be 2-3 more months since it's a matter of entering the information and sending the approval letter. So far on my ONLINE message were saying about the transfer to NYC office until today I saw this

" On October, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete".

Question? Any one had this type of message after the interview was done? What is this mean? Is it going to take another year now? Oh lord help us all.

-Thanks