New York City Transfers

Hey Folks

How you all doing, I guess I just read that we are in for a longer wait in 2006 & 2007, I don't know how true this is but read this.....

10/07/2005: Shocking EB Visa Numbers Prediction for FY 2006 and FY 2007

The AILA has reported the FY 2006 and FY 2007 Employment-Based Visa Number predication based on the information from the State Department and the Labor Department. It is literally shocking.
The recapture number from prior employment-based visa numbers, which we reported in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, approximately 101,000 have been almost completely exhausted, and fewer unused family-based immigrant visas out of about 89,000 are available for employment-based cases. Accordingly, recapturable numbers are practically almost gone.
The visa numbers for FY 2006 and FY 2007 which have been provided by the State Department to the AILA are so stunning that one feels completely lost. See the following figures:
FY 2005--249,000 (attributable recapture from the EB unused numbers and spillovers from the family-based categories)
FY 2006--156,000 (actual number is estimated to be about 6,000 fewer than this figure!)
FY 2007--148,000
For the Worldwide EB-2 numbers, it predicts that it may remain current at least through December 31, 2005, and then may retrogress during the 2nd quarter of FY-2006 (January - March 2006). What's more, a cut-off date may be established during the 3rd (April - June 2006) or 4th quarter (July - September 2006).
India used 45,000 EB immigrant visas in all of the employment-based visa categories in FY 2005, but in FY 2006, the per-country limit in all EB categories will only be 10,700, and of that 10,700, the number available per-country in the EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3 categories is projected to be only 9,180 or less.
The 245(i) cases which were filed mostly before April 31, 2001 will more or less seriously affect the pace of the visa number progression. But look at the estimate of 245(i) which is pending at the DOL. The number is staggering. There are estimated to be approximately 345,000 245(i) applications with the DOL. Without doubt, some of these applications will be denied, withdrawn or abandoned, but the prediction indicates that as many as 250,000-275,000 direct beneficiaries plus additional derivative beneficiaries of their family members (average 2.5) will move into I-140 and I-485 streams in the future.
Again, as we emphasized in our Visa Retrogression Q&A, the only solution is to push the Congress to pass the Immigration Reform legislation as soon as possible. You all should join in this force to lobby the Congress and refute the anti-immigration forces!
Are You Ready!?!?!? All of You, Please say "Yes, SIR!" IMGs, you are no exceptions in this fight and struggle. Medical doctors, dentists, chiropractors, Schedule A nurses, physical therapists, exceptional artist and athlet performers, college professors, high school and elementary school teachers, or beauticians and stylists, and lawyers, if you have patients or clients or professional ties with the people who represent you in the Hill, please talk to them within the boundary of your professional ethical rules. This reporter knows that most of you are reading this message from the e-mail inquiries we have been receiving from you.

jsimny said:
I'm not sure you need to be Nobel-prize winner or equivalent to get approved in EB-1a, what my lawyer said to me was that you will be qualified if you can prove you're top 1% of the field.
Of course you do not have to be a Nobel Prize winner, but from formal point of view if you are top 1% in the field, how come you are a just a student on a part-time job and not a leader of a big reaserch group with a fat paycheck. I think there is 90% chance they would not ask anything, but I would prepare an answer along those lines.

Need help with Address Change

Can anyone please let me know the process that works sure shot for address change. I am moving end of this month, and need to do address change.

thanks
Tasneem

Hey Folks

Good Morning,

Just thought of dropping by an saying ahellow to everyone. How is everyone hanging in here, Should i be asking if anyone got any interview letters?

Anyways, someday it will be our day to smile, Hang on and have faith till then...

Newyorker012

tasneeman,
Do both of these:-
1. call up 800- number and change address over phone, though it takes long.

2. If the case is with local INS, submit AR-11 form in person. Otherwise send AR-11 by certified mail

Tasneeman

AR-11 is to be sent to London, Kentucky, by certified mail. Those guys are security people (DHS) who have nothing to do with your pending immigration applications. We all need to submit AR-11 as long as we are not citizens (even gc people should keep submitting that). If your gc application is pending at a local office, go to that local office, and change your address, otherwise the interview letters, notices etc. will keep going to your old address. National Customer service is a contract service and they will only forward your new address to the USCIS, who update the computer database. But in my personal experience, local offices dealing with real files (non-computerized data) seem to go by the address on the paperfile. You should go to the local office and make sure that you receive all your notices at the new address. You can see from my signature how they screwed up my case inspite of the NCSC address upgrade and inspite of the USCIS sending me a written confirmation of my new address in their computerized database. Please remember that Post-offices are directed by USCIS to not forward their letters by the stamp "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED" on the envelope. So PO will forward all your mail except any USCIS mail.

Thanks and one more q?

Thank you very much pras01 and akmount. I appreciate your responses and i have decided to mail the AR11 by certified mail, as well as call 800 no and also go to the local office , as i do not want to miss on my interview letter. Do you think if i do all three of it, i will be able to get the correct address on there files.

I want to schedule a Infopass Appointment, what reason should i give there. To file a new application, or to talk to an officer, am confused, does that actually matter what i say on the appointment. I want to take infopass for change of address, so please tell me which radio button to select.

Please advise, so that i can take the appointment.

Best wishes and regards
Tasneem

For address change at local office

Hi All

What reason do i have to give while scheduling infopass. I am taking the appointment to change the address. should i say to file a new application or should i say to talk to an immigration officer. does it matter what i say.

Thanks
Tasneem

Doesn't matter. Select - Speak to an Immigration Officer. When you go there they will ask you the reason for your visit and direct you to the right counter.

To Tasneeman, I had my interview done on month of May 05 and change my address by ar11 and called the 800 number. The local office at 26th federal plaza sent me a notice with the change of address to the new address. I am really tired of dealing with this issues and espacially reading all the story of going woth the info pass.

-Good luck

For address change, does both the primary or the dependent have to go, or it is ok if

Hi,

For address change, if only the dependent goes, is it ok, or it is necessary for the primary to go.

Thanks gclord2002 and gc2005nyc for the quick responses. Can i do both address change and case status inquiry on the same appointment or it needs two seperate appointments.

Thanks
Tasneem

dependent can submit the address changes granted the forms are filled and signed. you can do both staatus check and address change at the same time.

Interview done didn't get PP Stamped

We had our interview in NYC office on Oct 12th.Interview officer was very nice, she didn’t ask too many questions. According to Visa officer Interview, Security clearance and finger print are clear but she didn’t stamp our passport because visa wasn’t available. She wrote on our passport that I 485 is pending and said that will receive our cards in the mail when the visa is available. Our priority date is April 30th 2001 and current is March 1st 2001.

We just want to find out how long we have to wait to get the green card in mail.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KV12VEN

Congratulations on your interview, Atleast now you are only one step away from your freedom. Hopefuly you will receive your GC in mail soon.

Newyorker012

Finally freedom

Hi All,
We (my wife and I) went for interview on October 11th, 2005. We arrived at 9:30 for interview at 10:30. We went in at 2:15 with our lawyer.
The interview went OK asked for our name address, pictures, Tax return additional proof if any for the I-140 (but not necessary). They did not like our birth certificates and our marriage certificate (issued in Algeria) and translated at the embassy. She asked me if I had a pictures of me and my wife together. I did not have one but offered to show her the ones in my computer (laptop), that I had with me. She answered that it was OK we have an American born child together that should do. Luckily I brought the birth certificate of our daughter.
She then asked us for our work permits and asked us to wait outside while she contacts DC and ask for a visa.
We went and waited in the room until 4:15. She came out with our passports stamped.
That’s a big relief finally we got it.
I wish all of you to have it as soon as possible and hope you will not wait as long as I did.
Thanks,

Taha
P.S> Form this experience I would say when you go for interview take what ever you think may help show the relationship with the person you sponsored and bring papers or documents that will corroborate your I-140 petition. You need to bring this documents even if did not ask for them. Bring what ever you think will help.

Congratulations Aghlen

Congrats..

I think he filed for EB1-1 category and from Algeria.. so his PD may be current.