New York City Transfers

my case was transfered on 07/07/2005 , so for me there will be very long way to go. thanks and good whishes to everyone to keep this forum alive . Raman

Hey Raman2004

If you case have been transferred recently you propbably have 6 more months to go cause the cases which were transferred later then oct 04 have already gotton their interview and some got their GC's at home too. So hey you are luckier then we are

Newyorker012

Hey Dudes

I tell you what, My friend who was transferred to NYC on december 11,04 approxmately 6 months after my transferred has his damn GC in his pocket right now, He got his interview on july 12,05 at garden city, NY and they didn't stamp at the garden city office, cause they don't stamp there, but they said he will receive in mail in 3 weeks and he did.

There is a similar case like the my friends case and it was in october, same scenario, hence I beleive that whoever is transferred after on or after october are quciker then us.

What do u all say -- Mine was transferred in july 19, 04 and no information yet. same boat as NY-NIW / NYC mustapha :)

NewYorker012

Hey Newyorker012,

How can you forget me (TD July 12th)? Include me on the same boat which goes to Garden City (I wish if there is boat like that :D ).

Cheer up guys. We are close to weekend.

hi newyorker012 ! thanks for more information , i wish you and the others who were transfered before oct.2004 should get their interviews and get their GC's first . it's really too hard and painfull to wait . it's ok with me to wait for 6 months more since i am wating for the GC almost 10years . thanks to everyone to share their experiences .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Raman

dude I wish even your comes soon man, I have been waiting close to 10 years myself yaar, things like this happens and I guess no one is to be blamed. Cheer up,... So hey folks since so manu of us are waiting here y not get in touch during a weekend and have a barbecue or a party or something...Might be fun to forget waiting for GC

What say you alll.. I am game for anything

Newyorker012

Gentelemen:
This is my update. As you probably remember, I got inteviewed on July 11 2005, and I was told that my nameckeck is still pending. I contacted the congressman, and they got reply from FBI, the namecheck request was recieved July 28 2005, i.e. two week after the inteview. My wife's was done the same day and mine's is pending. Looks like nobody actually submitted anything until the congressman intervened. This USCIS guys are sure a jolly bunch.

recent address change and transfer initiation

Hi Guys,

I used to work in Philly- am a parallel filer; got my I-140 approved last year in August- moved to NY in April and submitted an address change(should I have?)..I'd confirmed that they've registered my address change..how can I find if my case has been transferred to the local office or not? Since I submitted my address change, Ive moved again within New York- should I send another address change?

Please let me know.

FledglingImg.

Important message

Hi All.
As you know guys I am under 245(i) category and I have special registration, means I have to appear 2 times a year at least to immigration court, and say that I still have a pending case.
Last Friday I had another appointment at INS court, the judge get tired for me she said, she said you appear here for years; anyway I said that it is not my problem that I am still waiting! I told her that I don’t know how long its takes to call me for Interview and I am already tired…etc I talked a lot and I expressed all my feeling.
The judge laughed and felt sorry about my situation, and she told me I will be your immigration officer! And I will do interview for you!!!
She asked me to apply again for I485 application but don’t submitted to INS (I give it to her as paper)
2. Job letter.
3. Finger print (she gave me an appointment in the same day last Friday and I already did it).
4. Medical exam
5. Avis d’avis support (I864)
6. Tax return (last year)
I am gathering again all requirements and I will meet her again in Sept 09, 05, but I don’t know it will be in the court room or somewhere else, she said also I may need a time to review my case, I don’t know what she mean, either the same day or she will call me again for another appointment after the Sept 09.
That’s what happened last Friday, August 05, 05.
Mustapha

Any Idea?

Hi Guys
my co-worker just applied for I485 to vermont center (3 months ago) but his not under 245(i), his H1 visa. he wonder if his case will be treated different! or in other words will not be transfered to NYC? any idea ? or we are all the same? whather with H1 visa or not.
Thanks

No one can predict if it will be transferred or not. It depends on the immigration officer, too. Here I wish your friend the best luck in this case.

payment sub issue

Hi All
do anyone know in the interview do we need to give a recent payment subs to the officer? if yes; how if the payment is less than the one we declare in I140, do the officer will compare them?
please if anyone has an idea about it lets me know.
Thanks
Mus.

Interviewed in Garden City 8/10

Hi Guys,
My wife and I were interviewed in Garden City NY. The officer is very professional and friendly. He is pretty quiet. It only took 10 min for the interview. He asked for tax returns, employment verification letter, marriage license, diploma, and birth certificates for my kids. Then he told us you are done and just go home to wait. I asked him if we were approved. He told us that he didn't say that. I asked him how long we should expect the decision. He told us it is approximately one month for us to receive some mails. He took our I-94s. I checked our passports and found no stampes on them. Later I talked to one staff in the building. He told me that this center won't approve any case immediately. The officer is in his late forties. I can't remember his name it is a long name. Did anyone have experiences with him? He hasn't told me the status of our name check.

I am a EB2-NIW case. Everything is pretty straightforward. I never change the company and try to keep in the same address as long as possible.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Need your comments about job change

Hey everyone.
I have a question about chaning a job with pending I-485.
My position on I-485 is Controller (treasurer), and I have been working for the same company that sponsored me.
However, I am planning to leave the Company by the end of AUG.05, and will work for a CPA firm, as a certified public accountant.
I consulted with my lawyer, but the lawyer was little bit worried and told me not to change the job before the interview.
I've been waiting for the interview letter for a long time (my case was transferred to NYC on 7/27/04). I had to make a decision as I got a good opportunity with a CPA firm.

Is there any one who has a similar experience?
Appreciate your comments.

RD: 10/22/02
TD: 7/27/04
Work permit: third time renewed.

Hi Beth

I have a same situation like yours although I changed my job last year in october, abd working for a new company right now. My case was transferred on July 19, 04, RD 01/10/03 & EAD renewed 3 times already.

My Lawyer says as the company does the same thing and the job description matches, although a little variations is fine, it is ok to go ahead and make the change.

Don't know how long it will take for the interview letter, But I am sure it is closer then last year .... :)

Newyorker012

LIGCIN,

Can you please share with us how your case was transferred to Garden City? My case is also NIW, and was transferred to NYC on Aug.2/2004. Since then, I got no words.

Newyorker012 said:
Hi Beth

I have a same situation like yours although I changed my job last year in october, abd working for a new company right now. My case was transferred on July 19, 04, RD 01/10/03 & EAD renewed 3 times already.

My Lawyer says as the company does the same thing and the job description matches, although a little variations is fine, it is ok to go ahead and make the change.

Don't know how long it will take for the interview letter, But I am sure it is closer then last year .... :)

Newyorker012
Newyorker012;
Thank you for your reply.
Hopely we get interview letter soon. My TD was also 7/27/04.
Rdgs,