New York City Transfers

Name checking for my GC interview

srisss said:
I got it, Thanks to all forum organizers , community and Rahul Kumar for the postings on NNCP.

We received the physical cards and welcome notices. it was painfull though. I feel mine took one of the longest paths, mine came to local office (there is a official doc why a case would come to loc off - mine came as i filed my 485 and my wifes 485 separetely) through missouri transfer and in 04'aug the interview happened, the DAO(dist adjudication officer) was very professional, I was not stamped that day becoz background check was pending - he completed the interview and said the same, he asked for original I 140, bring along original 140 to interview , i have seen this was asked rarely, He took all the tax docs and everything, Having seen the approval date i beleive he didn;t do any delay as soon as my nncp was completed.

In the cards i c the approval date of jun 05, As i mentioned in my pior posting, when i did infopass, the clerk read no info about my approval eventhough it was all approved by that date, so some people have no clue where thay are looking or the system is not up to date ( i guess the system could be little bit out of sync but what i was told was totally old info), so if you hear some irrelevant info than that you know of, try to deal with an other person -- in my opinion. As i though it was approved by that day when i made the infopass.

Hi srisss,

I need your help regarding my name checking result. I had the interview last Aug. 25 and same name checking story as yours. I emailed NNCP in Jan. and got the following reply last month:
---------------------------------------------------------
I am responding to your email dated January 18, 2005, concerning your
name check status for immigration purposes.

The FBI completed a name check for you on July 14, 2005 and the results
were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and Immigration
Services Headquarters, Washington, DC.
-------------------------------------------------------
Did you receive the same email reply before your info pass? I haven't heard anything from the local office. Do you think it's a good idea to go for an info pass with this email?

Your help is much appreciated!

I-485 Notice Type : Transfer Notice

I received I-485 Notice Type : Transfer Notice. It reports " Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at : Javits Fed. Bldg. 26 federal plaza , Rm. 1-102 Worth St.. Entrance, New York 10278

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries will be made to that office. "

Case xfered on 08/10/2005.

What does it mean, does it mean further delay in process. Originally filed from CSC.

Pl. clarify, Thanks a lot guys.

Hi Prince

Your file got transferred and now you probably have to wait for six months to 18 months for and interview.

All the best.

Newyorker012

The online status show that my I485 was transfered to NYC on 12/8/2004, but I have never received the transfer notice. Who should receive it? my lawyer or me?

Transfer Notice

Hi

Even my case was transferred on 24-Nov-2004 and I have not received a transfer notice, nor has my lawyer. I talked to my lawyer and immigration office and they said, at times they dont send them out.

Also once i wanted to inquire about my 485 case, and talked to a immigration officer at NY, and he confirmed that my case was infact at NYC and that i should not worry about the transfer notice.

Tasneem

Hi Tasneem,

Can you share the phone no. you talked to in NYC local office and what did you ask.My case the xfered on Aug'10 2005, I received the xfer notice but my lawyer did not.

Thanks.

hi all ,does anybody knows the phone number for new york district office immigration .thanks for help .my friend want to inquiry about his case .

Still waiting for Interview letter from NYC

Hello Friends,
I am a part of this Forum for last 2 years (Just a Reader). Today first time I am writing sometime.

I applied I485 under 245i in March 2003, received update on June 2004 that transferred to Federal Plaza for either interview or whatever decision they will take.
I have a two quick question that,
First, during my application process, I only had my fingerprints for EAD and once for Special registration, I never had any fingerprints for GC. Is this normal or I should worry about it.
Second question is I am getting less pay from my job then which were approved from DOL, is this problem too, and if so then should be the solutions.
My second EAD will be expiring in December 2005.

Thanks in advance for all of your support and help.

Maxpak

Hi Maxpak

It's no worry if you haven't being fingerprint, When your interview is ready they will send you the notice before the interview.

Since your pay is lesser then what the labor application says, it does not matter as long as you are close, it is a wage for future employment, Similar case happened with a friend of mine and he even only showed one paystub and that was it, he got through and stamped.
Since you have been transferred in June 04 I think you should be close to getting and interview by october-novemeber,

All the best.

Newyorker012

I became HIV+

Hi All
I had the worst news ever in my life just 2 weeks before my interview;
the last time when I went to INS court the judge asked me for another medical exam and I found myself HIV positive, I don’t know what I should do? Should I go for interview or not? Should I prepare any extra document? If the judge denied my case I should leave the country right the way because I have special registration.
Could you guys ask your lawyers and tell me what they said whether is good news or bad news, I don’t think so I will have ever badest news that what I got.
could anyone check the laws for me, believe me guys i can't even see arround me.
Thanks all
Mustapha

Hey NYC Mustapha

I am sorry to hear the bad news man, but hey don't worry , GOD has his ways to solve things. I will find out from my lawyer about ur case and what can be done. You I guess should concentrate more on your health.

Take care

Newyorker012

Hey All

By the way I had an infopass appointment otday to speak to an immigration officer, and let me tell you that she was quite a lady.

Well, after verifying all the details she tells me that my case was transferred on the right date as the notice says ( july 19th, 04) and I should be getting a fingerprint notice before they send an interview letter. She told me that my finger prints had expeired and needs to be taken again. So hopefully something good will come out of this visit.

Newyorker012

Team,

any updates from the group. still waiting for interview letter. wait saga continues. pls keep this thread alive.

TD: may 2004.
ID:??

Regards,

What Are We Expecting In October ?

Dear All,

Hi!

Hope all are doing well. M very anxious to see the end of this torture albeit self inflicted.

Any idea/clue - what will happen in October ? Will there be any visa availability for Eb3 ? Will there be any interview letter sent out soon ? Anybody received interview letter from NYC office lately ?

My file was transferred to NYC in June 2004. RD is Jan 2003. Priority date is August 1998!! Category Eb3.. and yes 245I filer.. bad ?

Been in this part of the World since 17 years.

An imminent medical emergency in the family in India.
Would it be advisable to travel on Parole at this juncture ?

Any answer of the questions put in this post will be appreciated. Any realisitic/optimistic outlook presented will be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile... singing...
Aansu bhi Hai Khoosiyan bhi hai..
tumhe kaisi mili hai yeh zindagi,
zara jee ke to dekho...

Last edited by a moderator: