New York City Transfers

ELIM

Congrats on your interview, Your RD is almost a year before mine so if they are processing according to RD the I don't know when they will process my interview although the TD is 07/04, a month from your TD. What do u say

Newyorker012

newyorker012, I don't think USCIS has any set of rules to determine the interview date. My friend has 06/02 RD, TD 06/04, interview date 11/04 and already stamped PP.

Just pray hard.

you are right Elim!

you are right Elim they do not have set procedures to determine interview date, MY RD 10/02, TD 04/04, No interview letter Yet.

elim said:
newyorker012, I don't think USCIS has any set of rules to determine the interview date. My friend has 06/02 RD, TD 06/04, interview date 11/04 and already stamped PP.

Just pray hard.

HEY TD

Are you 245(i) too?

I was thinking of making a seperate thread for 245(i) transferred to local and also making an excel sheet of whatever info we can get of all the applicants, What do you all say?

Newyorker012

Hi Newyorker,

yes I am 245(i), I think its a very good idea to have excel sheet of 245(i) applicants transferred to local office. but let do it in this thread itself.

Newyorker012 said:
HEY TD

Are you 245(i) too?

I was thinking of making a seperate thread for 245(i) transferred to local and also making an excel sheet of whatever info we can get of all the applicants, What do you all say?

Newyorker012

I am not 245i

Looks like most of the cases here are 245i. Mine is not. Does it make any difference, like will I have to wait less or more.

Has anybody applied for AP in local office (NY), I applied recently , would like to know if I have to go there in person to collect AP and how long does it take usually?

God bless us!

PhillyJune1

elim said:

Just pray hard.
elim, how was your friend interview. Could you please post details? Like did s/he get stamp on the same day or waited for apporval for a .... time period? Thanks

Phillyjune I Think If Ur Not A 245(i) Ur Wait Time Will Not Be Long . You Will Hear Within 4 Months From Transfer Date
Hey Newyorker I Guess We Are The "chossen Ones" To Prepare A Sheeet Of 245(i) Cases Is A Good Idea.

Hey Tasneem,

His friend is also a 245(i). I guess we are after all the chosen ones, but hey I wish we get our turn asap.

Newyorker012

Hi Phillyjune( Rather You Should Be Newyorkjune01)
I Guess You Will Hear From Them Before Feb (hopefully)
Did You Come To Know Where You Have To Renew Your Ap?

To All 245i cases: Hi Guys there are few reasons that 245i case takes longer then regular transfer for straight cases. One of them if you have filed other type of case before (i.e. amnesty or political or marriaged base case) and then you applied enployment based case and would like to continue with the employment based case but you have already withdraw the previous cases. Regardless, if you have withdraw or /were denied the old cases, INS has to merger all the cases/files together before or during the interview. That means, they have to have the files for all other previous cases with them during your interview which means more time needed to get your old files from the dust and that's why it takes longer to get the interview letter for those who has filed other type of cases. This is according to my lawyer and a friend of mine who applied amnesty case latter got dinied but had a marriage based case, got an interview but has to wait for the other file before he got approved.

I am also 245i and in a simillar situation like all you. Good luck to all you.

goankar, why is EB1 transfered. What do you do and what is your education? Can you post details please? I am EB2 and case transfered in sep, interview next month on the 7th. Finger printed on Nov 16th