New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

vital,
I know 26 Fed has oath every Friday morning in room 700 except the last Friday of the month. They have the oath at 8:30am. I know because the last few infopass there were around that time on friday.

I didn't know they have the oath at 11am too. Can you tell me what room is it?

Thanks Jigesh...my interview was before lunch time but almost everyone was getting their oath letters the same day.

My oath will be at Room 700.

Questions:

1. What do we need to take besides rerm resident card and oath letter on oath day?

2. How early we can report for the oath?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Thanks Jigesh...my interview was before lunch time but almost everyone was getting their oath letters the same day.

My oath will be at Room 700.

Questions:

1. What do we need to take besides rerm resident card and oath letter on oath day?

Did you get your oath letter? Your letter will state exactly where and when to show up, as well as what to bring.

kong-rats vital 2006. Almost there.-​

thanks jigesh...my interview was before lunch time but almost everyone was getting their oath letters the same day.

My oath will be at room 700.

Questions:

Hi guys,I am new on this forum and i would like just some advice on interview procedures and also I have interview on May 7th 26 Federal Plaza 7th floor room 7-700(does anyone know that 7th floor and room 7-700 is interview or oath or they are both on same floor.I just was reading others people experience and others mention that they had oath on 7th floor room 700) And also my interview is at 8:45.Thank you all.

Thanks
11/14/2008 Received
12/09/2008 FP Date
3/9/2009 Check list
5/7/2009 Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
oath on friday

thanks baraider. I sincerely pray for your oath letter to arrive soon.

My oath will be at Fed Plaza. I guess Funky brother's oath is at Pearl st.

Looks like they conduct oath at different places on same day???

my oath is at 500 pearl street not at 26 federal plaza. you only need to send your GC and the oath letter. get there at 8am so that you can go through the security formalities since there are a lot of people attending too. all the best

Baraider,

A hearthy congralations. at long last, the journey is almost over. i am happy for you. all the best on the oath letter. i have a feeling that you will receive the letter next week. most probably Monday or Tuesday. Keep watch.:):):)

This **** never stops.
I just called 1800 to see if they schedule my oath yet and the IO told me that my case was approved by my interview officer on 3/26.
Now get this.
The IO told me my case still waits to be approved by the supervisor and it can take as long as 6 months. He suggested that I allow 3-4 weeks.

This is ridiculous.

This shit never stops.
I just called 1800 to see if they schedule my oath yet and the IO told me that my case was approved by my interview officer on 3/26.
Now get this.
The IO told me my case still waits to be approved by the supervisor and it can take as long as 6 months. He suggested that I allow 3-4 weeks.

This is ridiculous.

You should have told the IO that it's been over 120 days since interview and you are filing lawsuit..just to see IO's reaction.

How serious is that?

I got my green card in 2004 and am filling N-400. Now, in Jan. 2003, I was arrested for "driving without valid license". Since I was arrested at night, I had to wait overnight to see the Judge. Next day, Judge told me that he was fining me $50 (plus surcharge) and "straight out your license". I immediately paid and got my license reinstated.

I do not know how serious is that..... Will I get trouble when being interviewed?

Another issue is... hm.... I never registered for SSS. I became resident (for SSS purpose) when I was 25.5 year old. In the N-400 form, it says that "if you select "yes" but not registered, you need to put a statement", I donot know how to put it. I honestly did not know I need to do that.....When I learned, it was too late to register.

I got my green card in 2004 and am filling N-400. Now, in Jan. 2003, I was arrested for "driving without valid license". Since I was arrested at night, I had to wait overnight to see the Judge. Next day, Judge told me that he was fining me $50 (plus surcharge) and "straight out your license". I immediately paid and got my license reinstated.

I do not know how serious is that..... Will I get trouble when being interviewed?

Another issue is... hm.... I never registered for SSS. I became resident (for SSS purpose) when I was 25.5 year old. In the N-400 form, it says that "if you select "yes" but not registered, you need to put a statement", I donot know how to put it. I honestly did not know I need to do that.....When I learned, it was too late to register.

About SSS a letter explaining that your failure to register was not intentional will suffice. I don't think your arrest will cause any problems, as long as you provide a court record and show that you paid the fine.

That's not completly true. I was in Federal plaza on 12/12/2008 Room-700 for my reinterview and it was friday but there were no Oaths that day. Stayed there for 2-3 hours.

vital,
I know 26 Fed has oath every Friday morning in room 700 except the last Friday of the month. They have the oath at 8:30am. I know because the last few infopass there were around that time on friday.

I didn't know they have the oath at 11am too. Can you tell me what room is it?

I was told the samething a couple of times that my case was approved but waiting for Supervisor review+approval and yet I have been waiting for almost 8 months. Don't trust what IO tells you over the phone, hang up and call again to talk to another IO.

This **** never stops.
Now get this.

This is ridiculous.

My wife did her oath this morning at Cadman Plaza East in Brooklyn. We got in 8:20AM and left around 11:20AM. It was tedious process but I'm so glad and grateful that the process is over. It's ridiculous that the judge came in after 11AM and took five minutes to administer the oath and left, yet people had the be there from 8:30AM.

My Road To Citizenship

I had a really hard time with my application for my green card. Nevertheless, I am one month away from my three years and I sent in my N-400 yesterday. 04/01/2009. I hope everything goes smoothly.

I was told the samething a couple of times that my case was approved but waiting for Supervisor review+approval and yet I have been waiting for almost 8 months. Don't trust what IO tells you over the phone, hang up and call again to talk to another IO.
It's a bit strange when I think about it.
If my interview officer is junior and can't approve my application, why would the IO on the phone told me it's approved by the interview officer and waiting for supervisor review.

As far as I understand it, there is only 1 type of approval. Once you are approved, you are put on a queue for oath. This is what I was told during my infopass. This is also what people at USCIS responded to my congressman when inquired about my case.

Did you send those letters I told you about? :)

It's a bit strange when I think about it.
If my interview officer is junior and can't approve my application, why would the IO on the phone told me it's approved by the interview officer and waiting for supervisor review.

As far as I understand it, there is only 1 type of approval. Once you are approved, you are put on a queue for oath. This is what I was told during my infopass. This is also what people at USCIS responded to my congressman when inquired about my case.

All N-400s need to be approved by 2 adjudicators.
i called the 1800 this morning and talked to a different IO. He told me that my case was approved. I asked him if he can tell if it was approved by only my interviewing officer or by both him and the supervisor approval. He told me, the computer only showed TOTAL APPROVAL. He told me I have 30 days from approval for oath schedule.

This bring into question what the previous IO told me that I was only approved by the interviewing officer.
What I was told today is inline with what my infopass and my congressman told me.

What should be my next step?
Wait for the oath or write more letters? I'm not sure writing letters would help in this case since I'm still within the window for oath schedule????