New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Second time, congratulations broither BARAIDER. We are still waiting for you to kick their %$#@ with some letters of attention. it ain't happening all by itself, I can tell you that.-

Thanks all.
If USCIS is a business, it would have gone bankrupt a long time ago. The way they treat applicants is like we owe them our lives.
It's more of a relief than happiness at this point once I'm done with uscis. It takes away what special about being US citizen.

It's fantasy-business, but I'm telling you guys, immigration should be privatized and put in a free-market environment.
I guess not under this administration (pun intended, lol), but one day it will happen. :D
Either way, it would be much more experience and pretty profitable too, since demand is pretty steady and recession-proof. :D
I'd put a couple of dollars in that company...it should be run by this board..... :D
Seriously, what's USCIS revenue like?

Second time, congratulations broither BARAIDER. We are still waiting for you to kick their %$#@ with some letters of attention. it ain't happening all by itself, I can tell you that.-
Got a follow-up letter from my congressman today. It comes with a copy of their email correspondent between the congressman staff and the people at USCIS. The staff emailed to inquiry on 3/20 and got the email back on 3/26 (the same day my case was approved) that my N-400 has been granted and the oath letter will be mailed.

I think the people emailing back is the same people approving my case because it happens on the same day.

Of all the letters I sent out, only my congressman has been very prompt and up to the task. He probably have my vote once his term is up.

That's good news ! If they are saying the oath letter will be mailed, we look forward to it. On the other hand, what is the name of the NY congressman ? :)

Got a follow-up letter from my congressman today. It comes with a copy of their email correspondent between the congressman staff and the people at USCIS. The staff emailed to inquiry on 3/20 and got the email back on 3/26 (the same day my case was approved) that my N-400 has been granted and the oath letter will be mailed.

I think the people emailing back is the same people approving my case because it happens on the same day.

Of all the letters I sent out, only my congressman has been very prompt and up to the task. He probably have my vote once his term is up.

That's good news ! If they are saying the oath letter will be mailed, we look forward to it. On the other hand, what is the name of the NY congressman ? :)

Any updates? :cool:

My congressman is Jose Serrano. I still haven't received the oath letter yet.
Does anyone know how long since approval to oath schedule in NYC?

I am not an authority on this as I haven't had my approval or Oath yet but from what I have read on the forum and what the IO's told me; after approval you are in put in the queue for Oath and will be scheduled for next available Oath date depending upon how long is the queue.

Is Federal Plaza still granting same day oath letters? Or you now have to wait to receive it in the mail. Thanks.

Is Federal Plaza still granting same day oath letters? Or you now have to wait to receive it in the mail. Thanks.

There's no norm. Vital2006 has interview tomorrow (Good luck!), let's see what his experience says in this regard. I hope you also will keep us updated after you are done with your interview in a week or so - good luck to you, too.

b0nd, did you file the lawsuit against USCIS? :)

I am not an authority on this as I haven't had my approval or Oath yet but from what I have read on the forum and what the IO's told me; after approval you are in put in the queue for Oath and will be scheduled for next available Oath date depending upon how long is the queue.

Brother, now it's the time to finalize this oath matter. We need to send as many letters as you posibly can to everybody... :)

Thanks. You should get IL this week or the next if the current time-line holds true.

Ah, unfortunately timeline doesn't appear to be standard. Second level immigration officer at the customer service told me I haven't been scheduled for interview yet as of today. :(

Interview experience

I had my interview. Its approved and I am scheduled for Oath on Friday at 11 AM. Got the letter same day.

The interview was pretty straight forward with mostly going over the application and the 6 questions were asked from the new test.

The IO was very professional.

Just 2 question to forum members done with their Oath...

1. What we need to bring in addition to Permanent resident card and the oath letter on the oath day???
2. How early we have to report for the oath?

Thanks a lot. This forum been very helpful to me.

Good luck to everyone in the process.

Congrats vital,
Looks like everything goes your way in this n400 journey. I had my interview the day you filed and you are having oath before I do so it's pretty much a very smooth sail for you.

Where is your oath? Looks like you have the same oath with funky brother.

thanks baraider. I sincerely pray for your oath letter to arrive soon.

My oath will be at Fed Plaza. I guess Funky brother's oath is at Pearl st.

Looks like they conduct oath at different places on same day???