New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

fingerprints file expired?

I just received a letter today... (not a good news at all!) It says "Your fingerprint card (FD-258) on file with the USCIS has expired. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken." How is this possible? I went to my fingerprint appointment 8/22/2008 (not even a year ago.) How does the file expire? Does anyone have any idea how this happen? I have the original letter signed by the person who got my fingerprints on 8/22/2008. Does that help to call the customer service and provide them the original letter?

Thanks!

I just received a letter today... (not a good news at all!) It says "Your fingerprint card (FD-258) on file with the USCIS has expired. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken." How is this possible? I went to my fingerprint appointment 8/22/2008 (not even a year ago.) How does the file expire? Does anyone have any idea how this happen? I have the original letter signed by the person who got my fingerprints on 8/22/2008. Does that help to call the customer service and provide them the original letter?

Thanks!

No need. These people from customer service are useless.-

Your best bet is to go take your fingerprints again and forget about it. This whole system is broken and we have to wait until this new administration fixes it.- ;)

Interview experience at Federal Plaza

All,

Just thought to share my experience at the Federal Plaza.

Got there 30 minutes before my scheduled time. The security process went smoothly. Went to the 7th floor got a form in exchange for the interview letter. The form was basically to select whether I wanted the old test or new test.

While waiting in the hall saw several people go thru their interviews and receive their oath letters.

Waited for an hour re-read the Q&A, my application forms and Wall Street Journal. Saw the lady who was just ahead of me got called in to the interview. Got excited that my turn was going to come thru soon. 45 minutes later the lady came out looked confused. But my name was not called.

An hour later (total of 2 hours 45 minutes after my scheduled interview time), my name was called and basically the officer walked another lady and me from the main hall to another room. He told me to wait for a few minutes while he interviewed the other lady. Few minutes turned into approx. 45 minutes, when I was called in. (Total 3.5 hours after the scheduled time).

The officer seemed like a nice guy. He asked me if I wanted to take the old test or the new test. Stupid me thought I was reading the new material, but in fact I had read the old Q&A. I had to show the book to officer and he told me that was the old book. Had to make changes to the form that I received when I just entered the USCIS. No issues though.

The officer told me first to read a para and then write a simple sentence and followed it up with 6 Q&A. All of it went smoothly. He took my signature that I passed those tests.

He reviewed my application in detail and asked me questions on the application and told me to sign at a few places along the way.

When we got to my outside trips, he asked me when was the last time I travelled. I told him I had taken one short international trip post application submission. I also informed him that I had missed one of the small trips in the original submission and gave him an updated copy of my trip schedule. Things were moving pretty smoothly thus far.

He did not ask me for Selected Service or my Tax papers during the entire interview. He said the file looks good and then he told me he cannot approve it till he speaks with his supervisor and get his/her signature. I asked him if anything was missing or if he needed any more clarity in my answers. He said no, everything looks in order.

Then he saw a huge pile of paper with me and asked me about it. I showed him the selected service letter, he said it was not needed as I was on a non immigrant status before the green card. Then he saw other set of papers which were my tax papers. He said not needed as I was working for a big firm and the big firms usually take the tax before they pay the employees. In any case he said just leave the tax documents. He put those in my file.

Then he told me, he will review a few more things in the file and assuming if he does not find any issues, to expect the oath letter in 2-3 weeks. He did hand me the form which said it was not approved yet.

He walked me out, leaving me totally confused and disheartened.

Despite the fact that I had everything requested in the application, and the paper work was in order, he could not approve it. And in 2-3 weeks I am not sure if I will get an oath letter or letter requesting more info., if I receive a letter.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

A few other information for the USCIS. There are restrooms around the corner. They are very strict about not allowing use of cell phone/blackberry or any wireless or electronic device in the waiting area. But you can step out near the elevators during the waiting time to use your cell phone, etc.

Hey Folks,

Can I safely assume that, barring any miracles, I will not receive an oath letter after my interview at Garden City - taking into account that my application is marriage based as well? and also that I am not as suave as Vorpal. I am still fuming about my interview @ GC. I can almost see 26 Fed Plaza from my window! :angry gesture:

Hey Folks,

Can I safely assume that, barring any miracles, I will not receive an oath letter after my interview at Garden City - taking into account that my application is marriage based as well? and also that I am not as suave as Vorpal. I am still fuming about my interview @ GC. I can almost see 26 Fed Plaza from my window! :angry gesture:

That is probably correct to say about Garden City. No oaths same day and same goes for Federal Plaza. But who knows, look for an angel and ask for help bcs that is about the only thing you can do when dealing with the USCIS New York District Office.-

That is probably correct to say about Garden City. No oaths same day and same goes for Federal Plaza. But who knows, look for an angel and ask for help bcs that is about the only thing you can do when dealing with the USCIS New York District Office.-

There are no same day oaths at either DO, but applicants who are interviewed at Fed Plaza frequently receive oath letters on the same day.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

What seems to be forgotten is the fact, for example, for New York, they have started to work with cases with DATE MARCH 22 2008 as of NOV 2008. What this means is that for them January 23rd when they published the statistics is in reality November 30th 2008.

Take for example, my case: They are working on my case for 2 months (see my signature) and this information is FALSE and INACCURATE. My case is almost done. SO you could say, as of Nov 30th 2008 they had already worked 2 months on my case. What about January 2009. They are 3 months late with the reports,

So therefore, in my case, this is misrepresentation. If you call the USCIS cust service center, they will tell you that they have 326 DAYS after the PROCESSING DATE POSTED on the WEB SITE to finish my case.

Can anybody do anything ? NO
Can anybody besides the same govt do anything? NO

PS. The rumor today was the new administration overheard about what is going on with USCIS and they don't like it. It looks like there is going to be lots of firings across the lower, middle and upper management. We'll see if they have what it takes to solve this riddle.- :D

guys do you know how to get to US District court Eastern district 225 cadman plaza brooklyn ny 11201? which train goes there any F, D, Q, A trains? what is the name of the stop to get off ? can you explain how to get their please thanks

guys do you know how to get to US District court Eastern district 225 cadman plaza brooklyn ny 11201? which train goes there any F, D, Q, A trains? what is the name of the stop to get off ? can you explain how to get their please thanks

M,N,R,W at court street or 2,3,4,5 at borough hall, so where r u?

The reason why the USCIS web site processing dates got updated is because the new secretary of homeland security Janet Napolitano requested a review and an update on the whole immigration issue.

And that's the reason it was updated Jan 23rd 2009, 02 days later after she was confirmed by the US Senate.

Hello, everyone! I am also from New York City and recently completed my N-400 process. :D It took me 9.5 months from filing date to the oath date.

My oath was at Federal Plaza. It took 2 hours from checking-in to getting the certificate. They allow taking pictures there after the ceremony.

If you have any questions, please ask.