New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

You don't have to report the accident. Traffic tickets, on the other hand, are subject to endless debate on this forum. Some members will tell you to report all traffic tickets, others will tell you to only report traffic tickets over $500 or those that involved an arrest and/or were issued for a DWI/DUI. I had a few minor traffic tickets and didn't disclose them. At my interview, the IO asked me if I've ever been arrested (not have I ever been cited), so I answered "NO". At my oath ceremony, the IO in charge specifically instructed everyone not to disclose traffic tickets on the back of the oath letter. Basically, it's up to you to decide whether or not to disclose it. My opinion: don't bother.

Ok, thanks for your advise as it is within the letter of their directive. Nevertheless, I will instruct her to carry proof of payment just in case.

hello, I got my oath for the 29 of this month.... rick92 please dont hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i waited my full 4 months (120 days) long wait! it was even longer for me since i counted day by day.

hello, I got my oath for the 29 of this month.... rick92 please dont hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i waited my full 4 months (120 days) long wait! it was even longer for me since i counted day by day.

How can I hate you, sister? I am so glad you are out of the loop. And as they say on this forum for people like you.....

KONG_RATS, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
And now that the dust has settled.... questions for you for this NYC forum:

1. Where is the Oath?
2. What time is the Oath?
3. You are from Manhattan DO, are you not?
4. When: 01/29/09

And Time Stamp on the envelope, and Where is the envelope coming from ??? :D

How can I hate you, sister? I am so glad you are out of the loop. And as they say on this forum for people like you.....

KONG_RATS, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST !!!!!

one more thing...maybe im wrong but since i had my interview they made me wait the 120 days..you had your interview in november maybe that is why they are still making you wait so they can do something within or perhaps in 120s? who knows how they work i can only guess,,but i did tell you i have a feeling i will get oath in 2 weeks i was right:eek::rolleyes:

Chicago, NYC (Manhattan), St. Paul MN, Philadelphia, Newark, Cleveland, Raleigh, it is like a disease spreading its wings all across. Since this guy Jonathan Scharfen left 2 months ago, looks like, nobody's home at USCIS. :eek:

Add St. Paul, MN DO to this list. I was interviewed on 11/17 but no OL yet. I was told at the end of the interview to wait 2-3 months for the OL to arrive.

:mad:

AP

WOW.... Since 10/24....??? Looks like USCIS is waiting for lots of lawsuits... :confused:

I doubt they care. Once the lawsuits start piling in, the oath letters will magically materialize as soon as the AUSA notifies the USCIS of a lawsuit.

I doubt they care. Once the lawsuits start piling in, the oath letters will magically materialize as soon as the AUSA notifies the USCIS of a lawsuit.

I guess you're right. But, you know what. They should privatize USCIS and if the OBAMA campaign is right, they should fire at least half of them. You will see how quickly things turn around benefiting the public.

what i think is that they are making random people wait 120 days especially in nyc. i say random because i knew someone who had the same interview date as mine..he got his oath in a week no problems... but i had to wait 120 days...but then again no one knows how they are working with oaths or interview letters., my case to complete took 15 months

I envy those who got their oath letter the same day at 26 Fed plaza after the interview. I guess they have a senior officer who can make a decision. In my case and others, we just have to pray and hope.

About the process of suing if you don't have a decision 120 days after the interview, does anyone know if they count since the initial interview? In my case, I had a N-14 which I have to come back 2 months later to submit more documents. Do their start on my second appointment?

Look at my signature and how long it took for my name check to be completed, it was about 7 months and then 2 more for interview. The New York DO, which is administratively attached to the Vermont Service Center (VSC) N-400 processing is taking an average of a year, after the 2.4 million applications received in July 2007.

Thank you for the reply. rick92! :D Really appreciate it.

I never received any letter requesting any documents (name check or anything). So... This is good sign?! I guess my problem with this whole process right now is that there is ZERO access to the status of my case (I think this happens to lots of people too!). I called and I checked online, and there is no information other than the date they received the application. USCIS's website hasn't updated their processing time since 9/2008. I guess I just have to be patient.

Also, A friend of mine sent out the application in October 2008, and has already the interview scheduled in the beginning of February 2009..... The process seems a bit random. Some are way faster than the others. Do you think the USCIS prioritize some cases than others? What conditions would that be? Age? Financial condition? Investment?.... (can't think of anything else now...)

Dear JohnnyCash,

I've been avid reader of your more articulate and precise input in these forums. How do I contact you as I have situation pertaining to my N400 Application? Hope you can answer.

I'm glad that you've been reading my opinions on this site on different forums. As for contacting me in regard to your N-400 application, then I normally don't answer to PMs. It could be because I don't read them most of time, and I also think that people should post their concerns/questions over here to get more feedback regardless of how personal and specific situation someone has. Nobody knows you here personally, thus you shouldn't be worry about posting your personal and specific detail of your case. Posting your situation on the forum will not only get you more feedback but also it will help others as well who are/will be in a situation like you are in. Hope you will understand it.

Good luck...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am happy you finally got your oath date. Same day as mine.

hello guys i got my oath letter by mail its the 29th at 8:30am its a court in brooklyn..only a few more days left and im done with this..i had a question what do i do with the back of the letter it says check the proper box for yes or no..do i do this here now or do i do it at the oath? and what do i bring other then greencard do i brng my passport that i used to travel?

nyc, just leave those questions and rest things blank, u will be required to fill out and sign the OL on ur oath, it only take a few minutes to answer, I bought everything to my oath just in case,

Congrats!!!!

Thank you for the reply. rick92! :D Really appreciate it.

I never received any letter requesting any documents (name check or anything). So... This is good sign?! I guess my problem with this whole process right now is that there is ZERO access to the status of my case (I think this happens to lots of people too!). I called and I checked online, and there is no information other than the date they received the application. USCIS's website hasn't updated their processing time since 9/2008. I guess I just have to be patient.

Also, A friend of mine sent out the application in October 2008, and has already the interview scheduled in the beginning of February 2009..... The process seems a bit random. Some are way faster than the others. Do you think the USCIS prioritize some cases than others? What conditions would that be? Age? Financial condition? Investment?.... (can't think of anything else now...)

Nobody has been able yet to pinpoint the exact reasons why, even though I believe it to be very strange the way they do it. I don't want to speculate but unless they reform it and it is clear as water, everybody will suspect that many things inside that agency are not transparent enough for the public to believe that we have a reliable immigration system.- :D

update

I got my oath letter today. My oath day is feb 4th in white plains. almost the end of the road!!! I can't wait!!!