New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

: I have the same issue, the rep told me that my case is on the queue for an interview for weeks now, no status change, still on initial review. But if I use the receipt number at the bottom of NOA that starts with $ , it says that my case has been transfered. It is quite confusing, this whole process.

You have two different numbers? I remember mine started with a *. If I tried to track it without using the * then it wouldn't work at all.
When does it say case has been transferred? As far as I know, all of us here have had an update when case is transferred to local office and interview letter came shortly after.

You have two different numbers? I remember mine started with a *. If I tried to track it without using the * then it wouldn't work at all.
When does it say case has been transferred? As far as I know, all of us here have had an update when case is transferred to local office and interview letter came shortly after.
Take a look at the bottom left side of your notice of action and you will see another # that start with $ sign, substitute it with * sign. Sometimes the online status update is not reliable at all.

: I have the same issue, the rep told me that my case is on the queue for an interview for weeks now, no status change, still on initial review. But if I use the receipt number at the bottom of NOA that starts with $ , it says that my case has been transfered. It is quite confusing, this whole process.

Wow that is an interesting trick. How did you figure this out? I tried the number with $and mine shows interview too. Not sure what to do

Wow that is an interesting trick. How did you figure this out? I tried the number with $and mine shows interview too. Not sure what to do
I actually find out about this trick on this forum. Someone mentioned it few weeks ago. May be you should call 800# and talk to 2nd tier. I called already 3 times, they keep telling I am on queue for an interview but no letter yet

I actually find out about this trick on this forum. Someone mentioned it few weeks ago. May be you should call 800# and talk to 2nd tier. I called already 3 times, they keep telling I am on queue for an interview but no letter yet

Is yours an employment based Green card? Mine is. Not sure if matters. You said that you already called 3 times and with out any change.What is the advantage in calling other than getting the same answer ?

Congrats CTNurse! Me too finally a US Citizen today. Was a very nice experience at the oath ceremony very efficiently organized.

I'm so happy for you CTNurse! Its finally over. I'm still waiting for my letter. Called 2nd Level and was told it should be in the mail soon. I guess the speed of the agent and the sign off from the supervisor can vary very much.

thanks NYC2010dec and Carmelo. Carmelo you will hear something very soon!! I applied for my us passport today and passport card. I did it the regualr way not expidited. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes for me to get it back?

Thanks justfiled. It was a very patriotic and very proud experience. My appointment was for 12noon and i got there 11:45am. There were 160 of us taking the oath in the room that i was that day, but while i was there ppl were leaving that had thier ceremony prior to mine. The whole thing lasted for about 45 mins. By 12:50pm i was outside the building. I went to the 3rd floor where the ceremony was to held and funny enough the one of the IOs checking the documents was the one who interviewed me. They had go in a room and sit and told us when they ready the will call up. in about 5 mins they told us to follow them they had us line up against a wall and directed us to a room. They adivsed our visitors that they could go in and sit in the back they didnt have to wait on us. After about 20 mins we were all seated in the room for the oath. one of the IO went up and welcoemd us to the ceremony and gave infor about voters registrationg, petitioning for family etc. They had a couple of screens showing historical events eg. formers ceremonies, soilders etc. After that administed the oath, issued our certificates and it was over. To sum it all up short, simple and sweet.

This must have been at Federal Plaza. In Brooklyn, it was far from a celebratory experience. Very low key. Congratulations though.

I sent in my N-400 application on 1/14/2011 and received notification of receipt 1/18/2011. I gave my finger prints on 3/18/2011 but since then have heard nothing. Some people appear to have submitted their application after January and already have been interviewed and approved. what's the next course of action?

I sent in my N-400 application on 1/14/2011 and received notification of receipt 1/18/2011. I gave my finger prints on 3/18/2011 but since then have heard nothing. Some people appear to have submitted their application after January and already have been interviewed and approved. what's the next course of action?
I am in the same situation. sent my application on January 3rd, FP on Feb 3rd, yellow letter on March 5th, still no interview letter yet

I wonder whats the issue with NY, its slow. Someone I know applied from Bay Area and is already scheduled for interview in mid may. If Jan people have not received interviews yet, I wonder whats going to happen with Feb now.