New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

nyc2010dec thank you. Mine is at 26 Federal plaza and my time is at 12 noon. I think it is one ceremony they have for the day, but im not sure. I have heard of people being there from like 8 and cermony starts at 12 and they complain that the judge walks in at 12noon, cermony last for 5 mins, but they had to wait hours.

thanks - i may be wrong on this (being the first oath ceremony i am going to) i read that the oath in federal plaza is an administrative oath (not judicial so there is no judge). they just show videos and you take the oath and uscis officers hand over the naturalization certificate. hoping that's the case. the oath in pearl street is in a court house with a federal judge.

what to do?

Ok just sent you a PM, but I found your posts. You can definitely sue now, but wait until May 2nd or 3rd. I will upload a copy of my complaint soon.

i really don't know what to do next. any advices? filled december 29, fingerprints done on january 29 and nothing. no yl, no interview letter. i will call tomorrow, but if i don't get any answers from them, what then?

i really don't know what to do next. any advices? filled december 29, fingerprints done on january 29 and nothing. no yl, no interview letter. i will call tomorrow, but if i don't get any answers from them, what then?

possibly that your name is still under FBI name check?
sometimes it takes long than we expect.
Hope this would help

I applied almost the same time, still have not received an interview letter. Filed on January 3rd, fingerprints done on feb 3rd, yellow letter received on March 5th. I called customer service 3 times already and spoke to 2nd tier, was told that I am on queue for an interview. But still no interview letter yet, and case status online still stuck on initial review.

I applied almost the same time, still have not received an interview letter. Filed on January 3rd, fingerprints done on feb 3rd, yellow letter received on March 5th. I called customer service 3 times already and spoke to 2nd tier, was told that I am on queue for an interview. But still no interview letter yet, and case status online still stuck on initial review.

What county do you live? I applied around the same time. I had my Yellow Letter on Feb 22. If your DO is Holtsville LI then they are a little behind. I would say you are 1 or 2 weeks behind my timeline (check trackitt.com). If yours is Federal Plaza, then you should be all over the 800 # 2nd Tier asking for more specific status or InfoPass.

Good luck and keep us posted.

What county do you live? I applied around the same time. I had my Yellow Letter on Feb 22. If your DO is Holtsville LI then they are a little behind. I would say you are 1 or 2 weeks behind my timeline (check trackitt.com). If yours is Federal Plaza, then you should be all over the 800 # 2nd Tier asking for more specific status or InfoPass.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I use tackitt.com too and I was surprised that few people who applied almost 2 months after me got their interview letters already. Actually one person applied in March and got his interview letter in March too. I have called the 800 # 3 times already, they keep telling me that there is no problem with my case, still on the queue. But I am getting a bit anxious now . Yes I am at federal plaza. I actually called the 800# last week.
I think I might just go ahead and schedule an info-pass.
Thanks and keep me posted on your case too.

NY is always slow, and someone said Holtsville is slower. I dont know whats their priority goes. Does the YL comes from local office from national benefit center?

NY is always slow, and someone said Holtsville is slower. I dont know whats their priority goes. Does the YL comes from local office from national benefit center?
Yellow letter comes from National Benefits Center. I know NY is slow, but some cases move faster than others even if everything is fine with file. Case in point is mine.

I have my oath ceremony on Fri 4/29 @ 8:30AM at Federal Plaza. Can I bring a guest? How long will the ceremony last? I called the USCIS service center but they couldn't answer these two basic Qs!

Lots of oaths on the 29th from here! Yes you can bring guests and typically they say the actual ceremony lasts for 30 mins or so but I don't think it will begin till much after 8.30am so be prepared to be there for a while. I wonder why some people's OL state different times at the Federal Plaza. Good luck. Can't wait till mine next week.

Oh- on another note- does any one here know anything about the Passport Agency on Hudson Street? I read one can walk in without an appointment and get a passport within a few days (provided they have documentation to show the urgency- such as travel tickets etc). Just wanted to verify that because I'll need it and won't have time to apply by mail.

Just spoke with Customer service rep. She said that I will not see any mores update on this case after the intial status (It says on Mar, 1 we sent FP notice ...). She said my FP got cleared and am in queue for interview. And she said timing depends on the officer who is handling the case.

I am surprised at this, because I saw some people getting status updates like "Case transferred to local office ..." etc.
Any one has the same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spoke with Customer service rep. She said that I will not see any mores update on this case after the intial status (It says on Mar, 1 we sent FP notice ...). She said my FP got cleared and am in queue for interview. And she said timing depends on the officer who is handling the case.

I am surprised at this, because I saw some people getting status updates like "Case transferred to local office ..." etc.
Any one has the same issue?
: I have the same issue, the rep told me that my case is on the queue for an interview for weeks now, no status change, still on initial review. But if I use the receipt number at the bottom of NOA that starts with $ , it says that my case has been transfered. It is quite confusing, this whole process.

Just had status changed from initial review to testing and interview. Also received email update. Hope interview letter comes in soon. :)