New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Mine is in Pearl street too. The letter says 10:30 though. I guess that's better than having to wait from 9 AM assuming there is only one Oath on that day. Wife will be very happy that she can come too.

Mine is in Pearl street too. The letter says 10:30 though. I guess that's better than having to wait from 9 AM assuming there is only one Oath on that day. Wife will be very happy that she can come too.

That's so strange! Why does mine say 9am then? Wish someone could shed light on this. But it's fine- you can report what happens so I'll be better prepared :)

I just rechecked my oath letter and my oath is in the Federal Plaza building (same as the interview). I had assumed there was only one Manhattan location but I guess not. Maybe that's why my OL came sooner. That also explains the different times on the letters. Apologies for the confusion - for whatever its worth will definitely give you all a detailed account of the ceremony.

Good luck, When did you get your interview letter? It looks like I am in the same situation you were, filed since Jan 3rd and no interview letter yet.

Good luck, When did you get your interview letter? It looks like I am in the same situation you were, filed since Jan 3rd and no interview letter yet.

Got yellow letter

But it only mentions State drivers license. Is this common? Is there anything else we need to take ?

I just rechecked my oath letter and my oath is in the Federal Plaza building (same as the interview). I had assumed there was only one Manhattan location but I guess not. Maybe that's why my OL came sooner. That also explains the different times on the letters. Apologies for the confusion - for whatever its worth will definitely give you all a detailed account of the ceremony.

Okay- that makes sense now:p

Hey guys so i just got back from my interview. I PASSED!!...it was for 9:30 today...i arrived about 9:00.

Beside being in the waitig room...I was called in another room to sit with other people at about 9:35, and then the guy called me in privaely to his desk..I swore i,n wrote some english , then stated some engligh verbally to him.
then ask me my first history question, which i froze, lol....i was like "huh huh", think the question as wat are two responsiblity you have once u become a citizen. i knew the answer ..but i just froze up....
i said " hu uh i think im froze"...he smiled and said we'll come back to that dont worry...then he moved on to the next question and i blew threw dem...and it seemd to me he only ask me about 4 more...maybe its the way i answered them quickly....but i swore it was not 4 more and not 6..lol

anyhow we went over the application to make sure everything is well....then he said he going to send my application for approval...he said he could not approave me now cause of a transpass citation i had back in 2004 in college ( stupid campus cops gave me a ticket for being in a dorm i was not suppose to be in at the time...and it was summer school session) anyhow ...he also asked for my selective service , i did not have the card, but i had print out and he sad ths will perfectly do.......and he ask, can i keep this an i said Yes lol

he said that once he gets approval for his manager, i will get a scedule for the oath...hope this is quickly..i ask how long...he said about 3 weeks for hm to get it back from his boss and another 3 weeks for sceduling...he even pulled out someone record similar to mines( maybe someone with citation also and he said "o yea this person is like u and it took 3 weeks to get approval"

the whole process lasted about 10 mins..he was real cool ...about late twenties or early 30's...cute..slim built ...i'm not in to guy..but im just saying LOL

cant believe it was ths fast....i took the day off from work today...im just going to chill fo the rest of the day and get Ready for KNICKS AND CELTICS GAME 2 tonight...LOL

later guys...o thanks for everythng everything...this FORUM ROCKS!!!
Thanks

So i called uscis this morning spoke to a 2nd level rep and i got good news. My oath ceremony letter was mailed out today the officer told me he is not allowed to give me the date but all he can tell me is that its scheduled for this month on a friday so im guessing its on the 4/29/11 becuse the 22nd is this friday. He also told me if i dont get anything by next tuesday to call back and also to inform my mail person that im looking out for a very important mail from uscis. So happy the wait is over but i want the mail in my hand before i start celebrating.. on 4/29/2011 wll be exactly 5mths since i file my n400.

Ok just sent you a PM, but I found your posts. You can definitely sue now, but wait until May 2nd or 3rd. I will upload a copy of my complaint soon.

@IndoKiddo, no Interview Letter yet for both of us. We got our YL like 4 days apart, and case status still says Initial Review. Looking at some people's signature they got their IL in like 5-6 days after YL, but nothing for us so far. We applied 02/24, FP 03/17 & 03/23(Walk In), IL 04/12 and 04/16. No IL yet.

I also just received my YL, but still no update on case status still on Initial Review, had FP done almost 40 days ago.

Yay!!! I am so excited!! I finally got my oath letter in my hand. It was mailed 4/20/2011 and received 4/21/2011. My Oath ceremony is on friday 4/29/2011 at 12 noon. So excited finally almost over!!

Congrats CTNURSE!!! Where is your oath? Federal Plaza. My oath is at 10:30 AM - I am hoping this means the ceremony will be done by 12 Noon and can get back to office.