New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

That's too bad. The officer who interviewed me was transferred from Garden City to Holtsville. You didn't have officer Dianne Lawrence, did you?

Nope.
BTW- who is she?
And looking on your timeline, how is that posible you didn't hear back from them from Aug.? Do you have to attend a 2nd interview as well? What happend they don't made the decison in your case?

My officer? Dianna Lawrence. She didn't make a decision. She said she needed to review the details, and I asked if she'd like additional proof of some things, to which she replied she would like it. But, she never made an official RFE, and I sent two batches of documents and still haven't heard back.

My interview today at 26 plaza New york, The worst day of my life!

Anyway, I had such a bad luck today, I was wondering how I got home without hitting by a tree.

my interview was 10am, so I left home 8ish, subway only take me 45 minute usually, the weather is the worst weather of all year to begin with, and I am wearing a hight hill shoes and all professional cloth, carrying a super heavy pack-bag with full document. ( I am wondering why did I waste my time preparing those?)

on the way the wind was so strong that trees start to falling down, I was scaring walking on the street and my umbrella broke , and my high heel shoes was super uncomfortable, It took me three time as much as normal day walking , the 7 train keep stopping on the way, it take twice as long as usual time, then 4 train takes forever to come, by the time I got off from subway another super windy weather. I also fall walking on the rain and wind.

anyway I am sure you guys don't want to listen my complains, but believe me if you were in my shoes, you will be as mad as me. and want to talk it out.

so long story short: following is my interview experience.

after arriving to 7th floor, and being wait for 1 hours or so, my name has been called. a middle age , seems like middle European or middle eastern lady interviewed me.

6 questions:
1) What is the national anthem of the United States?
2) what happened on 9/11
3) why 13 strips?
4) what's rule of law?
5) west cost ocean?
6) don't remember.

reading
how many senators

writing
there are one hundred senators.

all approved.

n400 questions go throw fine

so here is the twist, she saw I apply base 3 year marriage, so she ask me for join bank statements, i say we don't have join bank statement coz we keep our bank separate, but I did gave her my daughters birth certificate, (3 year old), marriage license since 2002, house deed since 2005, insurance bills, and join tax returns and con-edison bills, I thought that was enough, so I ask I have pictures, do u need it? she say no.

so I thought fine my case is approved , because I believe join house deed and daughter birth certificate is stronger then a bank account. so she gave me a paper I believe form n625, say I will mail you the OATH!( yes she said OATH!) so I ask can i wait for OATH today? she said no, because IN Jersy there is same day ceremony and not New york, cool, I was actually clam and walk out.

after walk out I saw my form N625 again, and it did not say I have been suggest approved! instead it was you will be receiving a writing decision from us in mail.

so if my decision wasn't approved, why was she acting like I did? I am so disappoint right now! now that I think back We do have TD ameritrade stock brokerage account together, I should have bring that! but we have been married for almost 9 year and 3 year old daughter and a house together, what do they want???

anyway, on the way ban home I felt so bad, and was even more windier, the big board from 26 plaza fells down hard, and I was just 3 step away from the falling big board, I am wondering at way back home, might be I will be hits by a three or something, it rains super hard and super windy, I got home safe, and was to turn on my pc and wrote this article, however my pc got usual screen, I had to wait 20 minute for my pc to check the error. this doen't happen not even once a year, anyway. can it be worst?

if you read my story pls let me know what does we will notify our decision by mail mean? should I be worried? pls write something if you know, since I took time sharing my interview story , although not a happy one but is a real story. so pls reply. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
u got nothing to worry, i was given the same thing and my oath letter came in like 3 weeks after. it might be mostly a case where they have more than one files (A -file) for you and they would want to consolidate them.

congrats!!!

My interview was today (12/2) at 7 AM. I arrived there at 6:30am. The officer called me in at 7:30am and by 7:45am I was out of there.
She went over my N-400 application, asked if I wanted to change my name and asked me to sign.
Interviewer: F. Figueroa
She was very nice, but her accent was hard to understand at times. She handed me the N-652, Naturalization Interview Results paper, checked of that I passed the tests of English and U.S History and government. Checked off where it says: Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for Approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.
I asked her why I couldn’t get an oath letter with an appointment on the same day and she politely answered that they stopped giving the oath letter on the same day because they are very busy at the moment and with not enough staff. I asked if she knew how long it would take, once again she politely answered that it shouldn’t take too long, just a couple of weeks.
I am just hoping that is true. But in any case I am very happy that I passed the interview and now I will wait patiently for my oath letter!!!
1- What is the Supreme Law of the Land: The Constitution
2- What is an Amendment: a change and/ or addition to the Constitution
3- Who vetoes bills: The president
4- What is the capital of your state: Albany
5- Who do we show loyalty to when we say pledge of allegiance? The united states and the flag (I first answered the United Stated and she asked AND, so I said and the flag)
6- Who did we fight the United States in World War 2: Japan, Germany and Italy
Read: When is Columbus Day?
Write: Columbus Day is in October

Mbetona,

Congratulations!!!! You had an interview at 7am? Man..I wonder who approve this schedule, it is awful, especially in this cold weather. Just hope your oath letter is in the mail in a few.

Mbetona,

Congratulations!!!! You had an interview at 7am? Man..I wonder who approve this schedule, it is awful, especially in this cold weather. Just hope your oath letter is in the mail in a few.

Thank you Al Southner.. It was so cold this morning, but at least when I arrived there the line was short (about 15 people) in front of me, therefore we were able to wait in line inside the building.

I was very surprised that the officers (the one that greets you and take your interview letter doc and the interviewer) were so polite that early in the AM!!!!;)

mbetona, Wow! Congratulations, Let me know when u get oath letter. I am waiting for my response, will keep everybody posted.

Hehe, in that case they'd be bastErds. The "Immigreation Basterds."

cafe,

Did you use proof of delivery, because you want to make sure someone receives it and acknowledge it. I hope they response in early Xmas with some positive news. If they ask you for a second interview, refuse....

I did send it certified with signature required, but I took it to the post office on the 8th and I don't see any change online yet. Damn USPS. I know I should have sent it priority. I will refuse another interview. Oh yes, I have to add the complaint here for people to see. I will add it to the "Anyone with a lawsuit..." thread.