New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case entered in January 12, 2005

I was able to get through NY DOL and spoke to someone that my case transferred from NJ in October 6, 2004 entered into the NY AVM system on January 12, 2005.

NJ receipt date: 4.24.02
RFE: September 2004
Transferred to NY: October 6, 2004
Receipt in NY: January 12, 2005.
DOT: 189.117.030
Case # 02513xxx

Now the wait begins in NY... hopefully without going to a BEC or anything of that kind that would set me back again.

bj2000 said:
I was able to get through NY DOL and spoke to someone that my case transferred from NJ in October 6, 2004 entered into the NY AVM system on January 12, 2005.

Case # 02513xxx

Now the wait begins in NY... hopefully without going to a BEC or anything of that kind that would set me back again.
yeah that seems like good news. It looks like they are processing october transferred cases these days.
So, you should hear soon. I hope the process completes in NY and does not go to BEC. Hopefulyl you should be ok. My case got transferred from NJ SESA to NY DOL ( Regional) on Jan 27th. So i am not too sure as to whatwill happen with my case

bj2000 said:

Case # 02513xxx

Btw: what number did you call? Do they provide feedback to ou directly, or did you have to say that you are the employer?

I would appreciate if you could let me know.

thanks

I called 212.337.2184 and to be honest I was completely shocked that someone picked up the phone as I was my first try today. I've been calling for several weeks now and was never able to get through.

I just said I wanted to know my case #. The person only asked me my last name, then my employer and after that my first name. He seemed to enter the info into a system and after a few seconds he told me that my case was entered in January 12, 2005 and he gave me my case # afterwards.

Hope this is useful for other readers.

bj2000

Thanks a lot for the number. I called 212.337.2184 as well. I gave him my name, he checked and it was not in the system.

njrirlabor, do you think this is the confirmation that my case is going to BEC?

Case Filed: May 20 2002
EB2/RIR

Waiting4LC said:
NJ03MAY2002

Did you get RFE at all? Did your case just quietly move to NY?

I called the number that you gave. The lady who picked up the phone would not give information for my specific case. She said all cases for May 2002 has been transferred to BEC. I have to wait to get the notification.

No, I didn't get RFE .My lawyer didn't hear anything from them.The lady who picked up the phone told me your lawyer must have your case information ,then she told me your case is not with us .It has been moved to regional .She didn't tell me the exact date but she told me month ,dec 2004. Today, I called to 212-337-2184 .Someone picked up the phone and asked for case no., I gave it to him and he said "not in system yet".Do you guys have any Idea how much time one case take to be entered in system?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting4LC said:
bj2000

Thanks a lot for the number. I called 212.337.2184 as well. I gave him my name, he checked and it was not in the system.

njrirlabor, do you think this is the confirmation that my case is going to BEC?

Case Filed: May 20 2002
EB2/RIR

I also called just now. this is not a confirmation that the case is going to BEC. When was your case transferred to NY DOL from NJ SESA. Mine was transferred Jan 27, 2005 and it is not in the system either. And I asked this person, if the case will be transferred to the BEC, and he categorically said NO.
I think it takes them a few months put the case in their system and start processing them.

I hope this info helps.

njrirlabor,

Thanks a lot for the information. I don't know if my case has been transfered to NY. I just give it a try after my employer called NJ and they again refused to give the information about my case. She repeatedly said that all cases of May 2002 has been transfered to BEC!

I am back in the darkness and don't know whereabout is my case. I wish it has been moved to NY but I am skeptical now.

Thanks,

Waiting4LC said:
njrirlabor,

Thanks a lot for the information. I don't know if my case has been transfered to NY. I just give it a try after my employer called NJ and they again refused to give the information about my case. She repeatedly said that all cases of May 2002 has been transfered to BEC!

I am back in the darkness and don't know whereabout is my case. I wish it has been moved to NY but I am skeptical now.

Thanks,

So, you never got an RFE or anything like that. I suggest you can write to Frank Pallone Jr. Congressman for the most of the Jersey area. You can find on the congress website and call his office and ask his staff's assistance.
That is the only shot I think. You can write them a letter explaining as to what is going on and they can asked NJ SWA and get back to you. There is a whole immigration section in his website.

Do you know your case number BTW?

Regards

Case in BEC or not?

Today I called this number 609 292 2900 . A lady who picked the phone asked when it was filed. When I mentioned that it was on Aug 9, 2004 (RIR-EB3), the lady said that they do not have the papers. It has been sent to Phily - Backlog Reduction center.

When I asked about the Case number, the lady said that she does not have because the papers are not here. She gave Phily phone number 202 693 3010.
I called this number but no one was answering.

Anyone got such confirmation that their NJ cases have been transferred to BEC.

I am in the same boat as you are GCWorries. My papers were filed in Feb 2004 (RIR-EB3). I am wondering where my papers are.

According to the DOL website, they have to finish the data entry for all 2003-2004 cases by 03-31-2005. Since they have only 40 days left to achieve that I am assuming that they must have done atleast first 6 months of 2004. This means my case must have been entered. But my lawyer or employer has not recieved the 45 day letter yet. Infact reading a few postings, people back from 2002 have not recieved the letters.

Its really sad that no one has any idea about what is going on with the NJ cases. I have seen people from VA getting 45 day letters but haven't heard anyone getting that from NJ.

If someone has got the 45 day letter, I am sure that person will be nice enough to let us know by putting up a post here.

Please let me know in case you get any response out of BEC?

Thanks

Talktome...

I think what you are referring to as Data Entry by March 31st is actually physical transfer of cases to BEC. I don't think any NJ cases have been entered into the database. You are correct with the observation that most of the NJ States earlier cases are still awaiting their 45 day letter. Even from NJ forum I do not notice anyone informing getting 45 day letters even for those who filed in 2002. Some instead are getting approvals.

It seems that all NJ cases/boxes (if transferred to BEC) are again stack piled in some BEC warehouse waiting for some person to start begining the data entry there. I was just thinking out loud,that even if they had 50 people entering data, each one doing one state will be a better and fair option to all of us. As it appears now, that there is a random pick of entry for 45 day letter generation more focused on SF, Dallas and Philli and a few here and there odd cases from other states.

My PD is Dec 9, 2002. Another co-worker of mine has PD of Aug 8, 2002. We both havent yet received the 45-day letter.

Refiling or Converting to PERM

Hi,

My case was filed in NJ SWA as an RIR EB3 on 8/13/2004, and I am wondering if refiling PERM is better than other way to me.

Since my PD is 8/2004, my case should be queued to almost the tail in a BEC, and it looks like I need to wait for more than 2 years. And cases converting to PERM seem to be processed not faster than newly filed cases. Fortunately I am from a country other than suffering the PD retrogression for I-485, so it looks like refiling PERM is the best way to take now to me, although I need to confirm if the PERM works really well after it starts.

Does anyone has an idea about this? Could you advise?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
My PD is June 03, 2002 and my application was sent to Philadelphia backlog center. I haven't yet receive anything from them. Did anyone from NJ receive 45-day letter? Does anyone know how quickly they are going through applications? Thanks.

Thanks Voyager....It is so frustrating. We have been waiting since June 02 now and no indication of any status....can I atleast verify that my case is being forwarded to the backlog centre? Any suggestions?

akrkap said:
Thanks Voyager....It is so frustrating. We have been waiting since June 02 now and no indication of any status....can I atleast verify that my case is being forwarded to the backlog centre? Any suggestions?
I HAVE NO IDEA
I AM CALCULATIONG THE TIME PEOPLE PUT ON THIS NEWSGROUP ABOUT THEIR LC. AND I REALIZE THAT OUR CASE EIGHTER BE FORWARDED ( BIG POSSIBLILTY) OR STAYED IN NJ TO PROCEED. I AM ALSO SICK OF WAITING BUT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO. UNFORTUNATELY. KEEP POSTING HERE OUR CASES ARE VERY CLOSE. WE CAN HELP TO EVEYBODY..
TAKE CARE

Status
Not open for further replies.